Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I will NOT ***** about the heat.. I will NOT ***** about the heat.. I will NOT ***** about the heat.. I will NOT ***** about the heat..

I will NOT ***** about the heat.. I will NOT ***** about the heat.. I will NOT ***** about the heat.. I will NOT ***** about the heat..

Actually. I found it quite refreshing.
It was well past 70 when I opened the door at 6 30.
Dave I guess all the humidity stayed in your neighbor hood. It was just warm here.

A toasty 91F for my ride in to work this afternoon.. Need to charge the AC in the Magnum. Not bad though.

Actually. I found it quite refreshing.
It was well past 70 when I opened the door at 6 30.
Dave I guess all the humidity stayed in your neighbor hood. It was just warm here.
Was wicked up in King of Prussia, over 60%. Not too bad when I got back here at around 35%.

A toasty 91F for my ride in to work this afternoon.. Need to charge the AC in the Magnum. Not bad though.
The Vanquish ran a little rough till I got it on the Turnpike.
Then it has been sitting for months.

Made a mess. Going to have a seat with my dinner(eggs,toast and hash browns) and a glass of milk.
Dont know what happened,but broken egg,and an entire glass of milk everywhere..needless to say, my dinner(whats left) is now cold.

Made a mess. Going to have a seat with my dinner(eggs,toast and hash browns) and a glass of milk.
Dont know what happened,but broken egg,and an entire glass of milk everywhere..needless to say, my dinner(whats left) is now cold.
Well, that sucks.

Give it to the dog, and make another.

A/C isnt such a big deal,i cross the river on the way into town, so the cool air off the water is a nice break. Only traffic issue is at the bridge,shut down one lane for 2 years due to failing structure.
This month they start working on it.

I remember my brother’s ‘57 belair in downtown traffic,boiling over,running the heater on high to help with the cooling. Air contitioning would have been nice.as well as a better cooling system.

A/C isnt such a big deal,i cross the river on the way into town, so the cool air off the water is a nice break. Only traffic issue is at the bridge,shut down one lane for 2 years due to failing structure.
This month they start working on it.

I remember my brother’s ‘57 belair in downtown traffic,boiling over,running the heater on high to help with the cooling. Air contitioning would have been nice.as well as a better cooling system.
My car does not run hot....Here. But the humidity will have a negative effect on it.

My car does not run hot....Here. But the humidity will have a negative effect on it.
Well, it would be a stress test for sure and would certainly let you know where the weak spots are!

Maybe try a more local 300 mile run first...

Actually, it is the other way around. Dry air has less heat capacity than humid air so it removes less heat than humid air at the same temperature.

Air has a specific heat capacity of slightly more than 1kJ/kgk at room temperature, but humid air (say 60% RH) has a specific heat capacity of 1.8 kJ/kgk - so it can remove almost twice as much energy (per unit mass) than the dry air when flowing across a radiator. Think about it as something more dense that can suck up more heat.

It’s the human body that relies on sweat evaporation to cool itself that is adversely affected by humid air, not hot surfaces exchanging heat.

Well, it would be a stress test for sure and would certainly let you know where the weak spots are!

Maybe try a more local 300 mile run first...
I drove it with 3:55 gears from vista to Fontana to run it at the strip. Could not pass tech, no roll bar...Drove it back. Just over a tank of gas, 76 miles one way. Now it has 3:23 gears. No issue except a weeping T-stat housing. Repaired that.

I drove it with 3:55 gears from vista to Fontana to run it at the strip. Could not pass tech, no roll bar...Drove it back. Just over a tank of gas, 76 miles one way. Now it has 3:23 gears.
Well, the 3.23 gears will make it a lot easier to drive on a highway trip for sure. Maybe you just need to make a long highway run with the new gears and figure out what the mpgs are to help decide.

-
Back