Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well, the 3.23 gears will make it a lot easier to drive on a highway trip for sure. Maybe you just need to make a long highway run with the new gears and figure out what the mpgs are to help decide.
I will do that. Soon I hope.

Actually, it is the other way around. Dry air has less heat capacity than humid air so it removes less heat than humid air at the same temperature.

Air has a specific heat capacity of slightly more than 1kJ/kgk at room temperature, but humid air (say 60% RH) has a specific heat capacity of 1.8 kJ/kgk - so it can remove almost twice as much energy (per unit mass) than the dry air when flowing across a radiator. Think about it as something more dense that can suck up more heat.

It’s the human body that relies on sweat evaporation to cool itself that is adversely affected by humid air, not hot surfaces exchanging heat.
There were jute bags that were hung in front of rads in the way back when days, fill em with water and they would seep to aid with cooling.

There were jute bags that were hung in front of rads in the way back when days, fill em with water and they would seep to aid with cooling.
Yep, and carburetor water injectors to help cool combustion temps too!

Look at that Bumper boys!

0502181503.jpg

Today was a heartbreaker at work, they told the finance aide and the admin that they are done in 2 weeks. The Chinease lady finance aide was walking around saying “I guess we are all done in 2 weeks.” looking for some way to reconcile that her life with the company was ending after having done everything that was asked and more.

No one had the heart to tell her it was just her and the admin going first. The rest of us have another month or so beyond them. While they will get a fairly decent severance for their years with the company, it just isn’t enough...6 years of dedicated work deserves more than a few months of severance and health insurance.

I hate this.

Today was a heartbreaker at work, they told the finance aide and the admin that they are done in 2 weeks. The Chinease lady finance aide was walking around saying “I guess we are all done in 2 weeks.” looking for some way to reconcile that her life with the company was ending after having done everything that was asked and more.

No one had the heart to tell her it was just her and the admin going first. The rest of us have another month or so beyond them. While they will get a fairly decent severance for their years with the company, it just isn’t enough...6 years of dedicated work deserves more than a few months of severance and health insurance.

I hate this.
Where's my "sucks" button! This will have to do.:mob:

Where's my "sucks" button! This will have to do.:mob:
Yeah, it sure does suck...and it’s just going to get worse.

Another 4-6 weeks of it getting progressively worse day-by-day.

I’m only hanging out for the severance pay at this point...and I keep telling myself that the daily emotional pain will be worth it...somehow.

It gets harder each day to get out of bed and keep doing the job.

When this is over, I want to take a month off and heal myself before jumping into something else.

Maybe 2 months...

I’m only hanging out for the severance pay at this point...and I keep telling myself that the daily emotional pain will be worth it...somehow.

When this is over, I want to take a month off and heal myself before jumping into something else.

Maybe 2 months...
Just remember Dave, we are here for you.

Just remember Dave, we are here for you.
Thanks, this place is a little piece of grounding in the bizzaro world of the work landscape I exist in for most of my day. Life isn’t work, and I keep reminding myself the work is just an artificial reality.

My personal serenity poem...

This is my job.

It is what I do,
8 hours a day,
to earn the money,
to live my life...

Which is NOT my job!

Maybe 2 months...
Sorry to keep hearing this. You deserve to be treated better as does the lady in your previous post. Best of luck

-
Back