Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My shop that I rent is 30 years old and landlord finally replaced the dirty panels with lexan yesterday....world of difference.
Take pictures when I get to work.

20180927_094241.jpg

20180927_094237.jpg

20180927_094232.jpg

Ok see that much better than roof panels.
I don't think I would do them on the roof, under the eaves like that yes. My shop is dark with the ceiling up so high. Can only lower the lights so far due to the doors and the lift. Really need to wall mount some more. Just 4" fluorescents now. Did put strip led's on the inside of the lift hardly use a drop light on it anymore.

Lots of things I wanted to do like under floor heat, but deployed a week before they poured the floor and did not have time to run the tubing. Did run a 2" electrical conduit under the floor to the other side for the outlets, saved a ton of *** pain running wires.

Lots of things I wanted to do like under floor heat, but deployed a week before they poured the floor and did not have time to run the tubing. Did run a 2" electrical conduit under the floor to the other side for the outlets, saved a ton of *** pain running wires.
Oh I was thinking sky lights...like the side panels. Good point running it under the floor. I'm making a list.

When I re roofed my house,I had a sky liight that was leaking and I asked what kind of sky light would my roofer buddy recommend...he said none.
So repaired the rotten wood and eliminated the opening.

Stay with the tall walls you will not regret it. Mine are 16 for the RV and the only thing I regret is not putting the translucent panels at the top to let the light in. and having the thing foam sprayed!:mad:
We had some bad luck with those panels on the goat barn. they started cracking and leaking about 3/4 years. Ended up replacing them with standard metal. Now that's been 15 years almost so maybe they've gotten better. If anything, use them in the end gables perhaps. Then if they crack, the leakage would be minimumal

I don't think I would do them on the roof, under the eaves like that yes. My shop is dark with the ceiling up so high. Can only lower the lights so far due to the doors and the lift. Really need to wall mount some more. Just 4" fluorescents now. Did put strip led's on the inside of the lift hardly use a drop light on it anymore.
I mounted 2 , 4 bulb 4ft units on the wall in my lift bay, when I built. Helps a lot...
114-1477_IMG.JPG
114-1478_IMG.JPG

Tons of outlets, have mine about 4' up and every 4 feet on the walls and every two on the bench.. Should have done the 4 plugs on each of them never have enough of them on the bench. And put them up on the wall over the bench keeps the crap out of them.

That's a great idea! Well both of them. Noted!

I put one of these up in the peak and ran a switch so I can turn it on or off, also trickle charges the spare batteries, works great.
master-flow-solar-attic-fan-prsolar-64_1000.jpg

I used Sherwin Williams tile clad cost me 1200 for 3000 sq ft shop.Did it 8 years ago...

If you can afford it, that chit is $$$$$$

Have you priced what it cost's, I agree it would be nice but Ggges laweeze

I used Sherwin Williams tile clad cost me 1200 for 3000 sq ft shop.Did it 8 years ago...
$1.200 is a bunch of money, I have a new 36X40 shop, I need to put that kind of money toward the drop in ceiling first and for most.. I live in the northeast corner on Arkansas, not very many reasons to justify it at this point , for me anyway

I hear ya Mike,my shop is my livehood and rented at that...
Just cost of business for me.
Wish I had your shop in my backyard,Got just one car garage at home,glimpse of it in my avitar.

$1.200 is a bunch of money, I have a new 36X40 shop, I need to put that kind of money toward the drop in ceiling first and for most.. I live in the northeast corner on Arkansas, not very many reasons to justify it at this point , for me anyway
I think I paid around $90 per kit ( 1 gal color 1gal hardner) Rustoleum. 20 yrs ago. Bought 4 kits, only used 3. Still have one for touch up. Might clean out the lift bay , and redo it. That one catches all the hell, and chips, when you drop heavy stuff on it..

One kit does how many sq ft ? I can agree to do my floor if I could do my shop (Or even half at a time) for 300 each side, let me see how much it cost's now a days

-
Back