Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The desert was scortching, but after a week you actually got used to 130 in the sun

It was only 95 when we were in the hot area but had been 110 the week before. We asked our son what the weather would be like near Phoenix he said "hair dryer in your face" hot.

Morning all.....
And Ray with the 130 was the constant 15-20mph wind.
I always told myself I'd never complain about Kansas heat again.

Indoor game?

Yes, they have a retractable roof and also they play on natural grass. It is on a tray that slides into the stadium after it's been outside growing in the sun. Quite an engineering marvel actually, both the roof mechanism and the field. Great day, Seahawks won an ugly game, we'll take it especially this year.

Cool just sold a box of weird points and condensers, mostly Japanese stuff and a few brit-euros thrown in.

Here's a couple pics, gotta get to the evil place, have a great day all! Oh and the aircraft is from my kids college, Embry Riddle aeronautical university.

IMG_4749 (1).jpg

IMG_4724 (1).jpg

IMG_4716 (1).jpg

IMG_4735 (1).jpg

Was just reading the newspaper, is it sad that most of the A bodies on here starting next year will be making the same or even more HP than the NASCAR race cars?! New rules limit horsepower to 500-550 hp. Down from nearly 900, for the Cup cars!
This means no more restrictor plate racing at some tracks :thumbsup: My son is heading to the Big Buck 50 this morning, I enjoyed working with him yesterday.
I and my sons have been nascar fans for better then 30 years, me 40 years.

0000017.jpg

LOL that's how I get the old mopar stuff at a decent price buy lots when I can find them, pick out what I need and re sell the rest. Done it dozens of times.
Oh I meant the Jap points.....but they must have a plan.

If I listed each one would take forever figuring out what they are guy got abot 50 pieces for $20. I already got at least $100 of mopar stuff from that lot. New stuff absolutely sucks, all the brands except blue streak and accell.

This means no more restrictor plate racing at some tracks :thumbsup: My son is heading to the Big Buck 50 this morning, I enjoyed working with him yesterday.
I and my sons have been nascar fans for better then 30 years, me 40 years.

View attachment 1715231118
Wouldn't it actually make every track a restrictor plate track? It's sounds like that's what they're doing to limit the power

Post office will probably hate me today. Have two 60 lb boxes of mostly big block distributors coming today, bet they call me!

Wouldn't it actually make every track a restrictor plate track? It's sounds like that's what they're doing to limit the power
Nope, they will not be building big HP engines anymore, Like there car chassis they all will have the same hp, so say what you will, they get the same C.I up to 355, and only build 550 hp.

Wife had two 87 Aerocoupes, totaled the second one which was a shame had 67K on it. Love to find her another that I could trade the Firechicken on.

Wife had two 87 Aerocoupes, totaled the second one which was a shame had 67K on it. Love to find her another that I could trade the Firechicken on.
The ones that get totaled are the ones my son builds, he does a full chassis roll bar on them and sells them, Creeds Custom's.
He has 5 of his chassis racing now, 3 has been racing for 2 years, to date right now he has 2 of his chassis in the championship running , one in first and another in 5th, there are 65 cars in the running so that should tell you something about who likes his work. He has a giant gig set up in this shop and bends all the bars and welds them in, he even does his and many other's body repairs

0000018.jpg

The last one would have been a good candidate, she went in a ditch doing 40 and the left front frame bent up to the roofline but the rest of the body was fine not even a broken glass. Should have re Framed it.

They are tuff little cars, they love the dirt track straight out of the box.

-
Back