Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Toyota was a beast to bleed the brakes. Had to pump like crazy to build a little pressure otherwise fluid wouldnt flow.
Made a brake pedal hold down, makes one man brake service possible.

Yep
20181004_131229.jpg
20181004_163728.jpg

We used to have one , in each Parts Store, I owned to test for customers.....
Wish you still had one Mitch.
Now, at best, the chain stores have an automatic machine. Some give a little more than go or no-go. Pep boys has one that does a little more if you can decipher it.
The two rebuilder somewhat to me I've not been too impressed with. The one sent me on my way with an alternator that croaked on me outside of Albany three days later. Fortunately I was able to turn around and get back to friend's house just a little after sunset.

Especially if its never been serviced, or got the cooler line “flush”
It may also be a clogged transmission filter. They are known for that and it causes the exact symptoms described.

Especially if its never been serviced, or got the cooler line “flush”
Yep, lots of people ignore those services. The fact that this van has 100k miles made me suspicious that they haven’t been done.

When i was at the dealershit
They would sell transmission flush.
All it did was exchange fluid through the cooler line.

We never replaced a filter. Not something i agreed with,which didnt go over well...

When i was at the dealershit
They would sell transmission flush.
All it did was exchange fluid through the cooler line.

We never replaced a filter. Not something i agreed with,which didnt go over well...
Yeah, a lot of guys with the early SRT vehicles would follow the factory service recommendation of waiting until 100k miles to replace the filter and fluid in the NAG 1. Around 50k miles there would be dozens of people on the forums wondering why on a cold day their car would rev and barely go at the first stop of the morning drive.

The filters would get clogged enough that the cold fluid wouldn’t go through them but after it heated up it would. It was constant head banging to get them to understand that they needed to service the transmission filter and fluid.

Guy brought in his chevy last week,oil change,diff,trans etc..
After service i took it for a road test, and there was a nasty flare between 3/4.
I dont think it was ever serviced.
Dont think its going to last long either.
He drives it 12 hours to get to his job. I wouldnt.

Just finished an hour and a half conference call for work. Another long day.

At least my work for today is done now, time for some cold beer...

Just finished an hour and a half conference call for work. Another long day.

At least my work for today is done now, time for some cold beer...
I'll have one with you. Cheers!

Hey @Ddaddy Ryen is at it again. He likes your work and has been doing quite well with it. He is quite creative.
ryen reams creation..jpg

Continued long discussions with my wife regarding my future with work is beginning to crystallize into a plan and a path.

In a couple of weeks it will solidify into a concrete plan of action. For now, it appears I will resign shortly after the first of the year, regardless of any severance.

It is time to fly free and make my future my own.

Continued long discussions with my wife regarding my future with work is beginning to crystallize into a plan and a path.

In a couple of weeks it will solidify into a concrete plan of action. For now, it appears I will resign shortly after the first of the year, regardless of any severance.

It is time to fly free and make my future my own.
And you will do well.

-
Back