Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Seems like everyone I know is not doing anything with their cars these days. Must be a slow time of year and also I think a recession is here and has something to do with it. Locally a lot of good deals have come up and they are for sale for quite awhile. Nothing is moving quick like it was before.

im not sure. Maybe. around here, stuff is moving pretty well. At prices I would have thought were way high. But, I think it'll slow down as winter and the holidays come up, then about Feb/Mar, pick up again.

What are you working on Rainy, I can't keep up with what car is moving forward ?
Still the valiant.

I have been buying a lot of cars lately, but I am only working on the valiant till it's at least running.

It's been slow going because I have done a ton of overtime and i will be going on vacation soon.

When i get back from vacation, by then the bench seat might be here and some other parts to get moving on the car.

Had to dust off the space heater this morning for the first time of the season.

That is why I am up so early on my day off, because my bed is cold and I couldn't sleep.

Now I am warming up and getting sleepy. :)

Still the valiant.

I have been buying a lot of cars lately, but I am only working on the valiant till it's at least running.

It's been slow going because I have done a ton of overtime and i will be going on vacation soon.

When i get back from vacation, by then the bench seat might be here and some other parts to get moving on the car.
I hear yea, overtime and getting the right amount of rest will keep anyone busy, hope you have an enjoying vacation mam :)

Rani,
Looking at that picture of the Lockheed Constellation reminds me of what "the old ones" talked about back in the day. (Plane with three vertical stabilizers)
"Working on the Connies" they always talked about.
This first movie was on TV this past week here.
You might like watching these

Another one worth watching.

My Late Father was an Air Force Radio Man on the Connies, when he was stationed at Elmendorf, in Anchorage...

Had to dust off the space heater this morning for the first time of the season.

That is why I am up so early on my day off, because my bed is cold and I couldn't sleep.

Now I am warming up and getting sleepy. :)
How long has it been to enjoy a Mt. Dew ? I know you don't drink coffee, all we need is 7 to 8 hours of sleep so I hope you get to enjoy your day off and not sleep it away :thumbsup:

How long has it been to enjoy a Mt. Dew ? I know you don't drink coffee, all we need is 7 to 8 hours of sleep so I hope you get to enjoy your day off and not sleep it away :thumbsup:
I have kicked the dew habit for quite some time now. I do drink coffee as of lately. Actually kinda hooked on it.

I only didn't drink coffee before because I was told as a kid that it would stunt my growth.

I am an adult now and I am just under 4'8" so either I would be smaller had I drank coffee earlier OR that is a bullshit myth. I think the latter.

Well you have a grand day Rainy, time for this old guy to get my day underway, may the sun shine on you and your smile stay strong :thumbsup:

Winterize- every car gets coolant tested,block heater test and battery load test.

Yet i look out my window at my pressure washer,wonder if it cracked the housing yet? Its junk anyway, but still works.
A few extra min. under the hood checking a few things is good for your business and great for the customer.

So what do you guys think is a cooler car.

65 dart slant six

73 duster with a 360

Both autos

And why?

I have kicked the dew habit for quite some time now. I do drink coffee as of lately. Actually kinda hooked on it.

I only didn't drink coffee before because I was told as a kid that it would stunt my growth.

I am an adult now and I am just under 4'8" so either I would be smaller had I drank coffee earlier OR that is a bullshit myth. I think the latter.
its a BS myth. My daughter is in the 98 percentile for height, at age 4, she drinks iced coffee when my wife brings them home from Starbucks. Shes in pre-k and she's taller than most of the 1st graders in the afterschool program.

65 dart slant six

73 duster with a 360

Both autos

And why?
Morning Rainy and crew. Oooo tough choice. I would have to say 65 Dart. That was my first car.

65 dart slant six

73 duster with a 360

Both autos

And why?
for a cruiser, the 65 dart. why? because you don't see them very often around here. Dusters are rare these days but all most shows will have 1-2. And they're all small blocks.

its a BS myth. My daughter is in the 98 percentile for height, at age 4, she drinks iced coffee when my wife brings them home from Starbucks. Shes in pre-k and she's taller than most of the 1st graders in the afterschool program.
Does she eat a lot of chicken?

Does she eat a lot of chicken?
not any more than anything else. We've got a pretty good mix. And all our meat is raised by our farm, hormone free if thats where you were going.

My father in law is 6ft 4. I'm right at 6 ft. My grandfather is 6ft 2, my wife is 5ft 9. My Uncle is 6 ft 3. I just think its genitics. She's been above 90% in height since she was born.

I hear ya kid and family been here a month. As much as I've enjoyed it, it will be nice to have the house and daily routine back.
I've started thinking about winter too. I need to cut a couple trees and get some firewood. With the shoulder in recovery mode, I might have to buy some.
A bit late for cutting down this years firewood unless its been standing dead a while might be OK. I have a small Mable in the front yard I might cut before winter, but that's firewood for next year.
We must be in a recession again....

Gas prices up and a ton of people fire selling good cars.
I think it always goes that way before winter. People want the cars out of the way before the snow flies. And gas prices seem to ride up when people start topping off their heating oil.

Any one else waiting for the hover round to recharge before doing something?
Something like that. Going to work on my project. Center stringer and boards on the steps this morning...

65 dart slant six

73 duster with a 360

Both autos

And why?
C. Duster with a slanty. :rofl:

Good Morning

Last edited:
But height at age 4 has little to do with height as an adult...

After helping a friend move his shop after a divorce I need to get my stuff under control. (or at least organised and labeled in totes) What a pain.

not any more than anything else. We've got a pretty good mix. And all our meat is raised by our farm, hormone free if thats where you were going.

My father in law is 6ft 4. I'm right at 6 ft. My grandfather is 6ft 2, my wife is 5ft 9. My Uncle is 6 ft 3. I just think its genitics. She's been above 90% in height since she was born.
Ya I was going there. Lots of growth hormones in store bought chicken. Rumored that it makes a difference. Dave knows for sure I bet. Sounds like genetics plays a big part in your daughter's height.

Control is an illusion. If you dump it all in one pile , you will know where everything is at. lol
I bet Joe had 3 totes of spray cans of paint and we all know most of them probably were all plugged up and out of gas. Instead of tossing them we packed them up and moved them. "I'll go through these later" I was thinking more along the lines of "why move them twice" :BangHead::BangHead:

-
Back