Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
F150, drove into shop, brake feels funny. Sho nuff found a leak. Like i needed extra work. May put off patch panel job for a couple weeks.
Looks like gravity bleed is workin. BBL

Today's fun question.
Who recognizes this?

IMG_9207.JPG

Today's fun question.
Who recognizes this?

View attachment 1715233304
its a Paw Paw Fruit from the Paw Paw tree. A variant of the banana family. It has the texture of a banana but kind of tastes like a mix between a mango and grape fruit in my opinion. I have dozens of those trees growing on my 10 acres. I made a couple loafs of paw paw breads last year. turned out ok

its a Paw Paw Fruit from the Paw Paw tree. A variant of the banana family. It has the texture of a banana but kind of tastes like a mix between a mango and grape fruit in my opinion. I have dozens of those trees growing on my 10 acres. I made a couple loafs of paw paw breads last year. turned out ok
I win!

Yes Sir!!

I was quite surprised to see them for sale by one of the farmers that comes in from out your way Kieth.
Had to buy one. It's going to be at least another year before we get the one in the backyard neighbors to set fruit. I sortof hoping her dogs will help on that.

@dukeboy_318 you suck. lol
I opened the link you put up for them gummies the other day. Now I'm getting emails from Amazon to buy the damn things! :mad::BangHead:

yep. I'm thinking of selling some of the sapplings in the spring. I literally have tons of these things growing.
Find some extension office info on growing trees for sale. Apparently it helps the transplanting if the roots development is controlled so not many are broken on the transfer. That said, I dug two that had grown through its plastic pot into the green house floor. The bigger one survived, the smaller one did not, but I think that was the location they chose. They need shade when real small.

Yes Sir!!

I was quite surprised to see them for sale by one of the farmers that comes in from out your way Kieth.
Had to buy one. It's going to be at least another year before we get the one in the backyard neighbors to set fruit. I sortof hoping her dogs will help on that.
you need flies, spiders and beetles. That is the only way you'll get fruit from them. Bees do not pollinate them.

A three legged dog walks into a saloon and says to the bartender, "I'm looking for the man that shot my paw"....

Find some extension office info on growing trees for sale. Apparently it helps the transplanting if the roots development is controlled so not many are broken on the transfer. That said, I dug two that had grown through its plastic pot into the green house floor. The bigger one survived, the smaller one did not, but I think that was the location they chose. They need shade when real small.
yeah. ive got some that are 10 inches in diameter and 40 feet tall. I've had the ag extension agents come out to study them from time to time as normally they do not get anywhere near that size..

-
Back