Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Came home to a nice surprise today. We have been sick of the neighbors headlights shinning into the back windows of our house and on our deck at night when they pull into their driveway. We ordered a couple of holly trees about a month ago and today they were delivered and planted. This should fix the problem nicely.

Before and after...

9BADC0AD-5290-4DC9-BBBE-BD07F6AE62BD.jpeg
30A0C323-DD34-483C-8453-B0A60439DD4C.jpeg

Came home to a nice surprise today. We have been sick of the neighbors headlights shinning into the back windows of our house and on our deck at night when they pull into their driveway. We ordered a couple of holly trees about a month ago and today they were delivered and planted. This should fix the problem nicely.

Before and after...

View attachment 1715233375 View attachment 1715233376
This is why I've resisted the wife's urges to clear the fence line around my 10 acres. It scatters the light and wind

Geez, we have 4 tornado warnings in my area. Time to go outside and watch the sky. I'll grab a beer! LOL
dmx.png

I don’t envy the guys who planted the trees. With all the rocks they pulled out while digging the holes we were able to construct a rock edge to the bed the trees are in.

D34050C4-60A5-45ED-B1AB-A705DCAA9AA9.jpeg

Put another coat of wax on the Fury, since I took the night off. Just can't muster the interest in going to work lately. But that's another subject. Right now I am wondering how to get the green paint to take the paste wax. Water doesn't bead up the way I'd like to see. And I keep getting paint transfer onto the pad. Will I ever be able to get a durable finish, or is it impossible to do on a green car?

Put another coat of wax on the Fury, since I took the night off. Just can't muster the interest in going to work lately. But that's another subject. Right now I am wondering how to get the green paint to take the paste wax. Water doesn't bead up the way I'd like to see. And I keep getting paint transfer onto the pad. Will I ever be able to get a durable finish, or is it impossible to do on a green car?
You need to polish first and remove all the oxidized paint then wax with a high quality synthetic wax.

Most paste wax is a “cleaner wax” that also contains a mild polishing compound which is why you are seeing paint transfer onto the pad. The polishing first will remove the oxidized paint that is causing that to happen. A true wax won’t remove oxidized paint unless there is a severe layer of it.

Also, a good wax needs the oxidized layer removed to properly adhere to the paint finish. Otherwise, it is adhering to the oxidized layer and comes off quickly in rain or during washing.

What Dave said. Spot on..

Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to wax and keep that car young. :thumbsup:

I need sun.
This crap weather is just pissin me off. Bout had enough.

This is the level of mirror finish you should expect after proper polishing...and also the kind of water beading from a high quality waxing.

3B637C0D-3A7A-4497-9757-4972B70E0E7F.jpeg

116E0D4A-23B9-410D-86FA-C6D8458D836E.jpeg

You need to polish first and remove all the oxidized paint then wax with a high quality synthetic wax.

Most paste wax is a “cleaner wax” that also contains a mild polishing compound which is why you are seeing paint transfer onto the pad. The polishing first will remove the oxidized paint that is causing that to happen. A true wax won’t remove oxidized paint unless there is a severe layer of it.

Also, a good wax needs the oxidized layer removed to properly adhere to the paint finish. Otherwise, it is adhering to the oxidized layer and comes off quickly in rain or during washing.
brand recommendations?

Great afternoon for a motorcycle ride. So I did :D. Our main streets in town are both Ca State Hwys also and I think that rain last week magnified the deterioration of 1 of them. I have seen Caltrans out surveying on that end of town in the recent past. The buckling asphalt certainly makes for a challenging ride :rolleyes:.

brand recommendations?

I still use Turtle Wax

brand recommendations?
For polishing, any good brand will do. I like the Mother’s or Meguirer’s. For synthetic wax, either Zaino or Turtle wax ice. Other synthetic brands may be good also.

I avoid carnuba since it is just a natural wax that contains water soluble fatty acids and doesn’t last as long as synthetic against water or washing....by less than half the time. A good soap can nearly strip carnuba off completely in just one wash.

-
Back