Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey looking for pins, fasteners, whatever you want to call them that hold the hood to radiator seal.
That hunk of rubber about four inches wide running end of end of the hood.
A guy yesterday said they were the same fasteners used for door panels??
Geez. Now you need a parts book? :poke::p
I put one of those seals on and that sounds about right. I can't remember if the seal came with the clips or not. if I'm at the garage later I'll see if I can see what type panel clip they are.

Hey looking for pins, fasteners, whatever you want to call them that hold the hood to radiator seal.
That hunk of rubber about four inches wide running end of end of the hood.
A guy yesterday said they were the same fasteners used for door panels??
Mine had some little 'stapled' on thingies. I think the earlier ones I saw were similar to the wire clips on doors, but I thought they were a smaller size.

Geez. Now you need a parts book? :poke::p
I put one of those seals on and that sounds about right. I can't remember if the seal came with the clips or not. if I'm at the garage later I'll see if I can see what type panel clip they are.
I got one but its like reading a wiring diagram...haha
I'll look, I ordered a new one guess I should wait and see if the clips come with it.

I'll look, I ordered a new one guess I should wait and see if the clips come with it.
Does your car have a seal now?

If its got the metal type clips they're usually reusable.
There's a tool that makes it easier to remove without messing them up too much.

Does your car have a seal now?

If its got the metal type clips they're usually reusable.
There's a tool that makes it easier to remove without messing them up too much.
No it doesn't. They look like hood pad fasteners, but smaller. I've pulled hood pad fasteners with needle nose pliers.

What!
:lol:

Go to the Picture pages.
Find the three part number that's pointing to the part you're interested in.
Go to the Parts listing chapter with the same begining number.
Flip through until you find the matching number.
Then underneath read across for the part number for yoiur car/engine etc.

Sometimes its easy, sometimes its not.
:) :(
But its always interesting
:elmer:

No it doesn't. They look like hood pad fasteners, but smaller. I've pulled hood pad fasteners with needle nose pliers.
They are a pain for shure. I ended up going to NAPA and getting some plastic christmas trees from late model cars. I didn't want to bust up the paint by hammering the metal clips in.

Will be picking this up on monday...
87E57147-AF13-469D-AC4D-594FD800399D.png

They are a pain for shure. I ended up going to NAPA and getting some plastic christmas trees from late model cars. I didn't want to bust up the paint by hammering the metal clips in.
We cut the end of a broom handle off. Held it against the clip and hit it with a rubber mallet. Worked well.

Yep its one of those. I looked at one yesterday on a Duster. If they don't come with the new one I'll go back and look at it again and get it through R/T, Thanks!!
If they have 'em, that's prob the easiest.
Bet its more like this.
2296__12342.1524675838.120.120.png

Just got this lot in what a pia to ID them all, my books only went back to 56, most of the autolite and AU stuff is 40's but 90% MOPAR!

s-l1600.jpg

View attachment 1715244404

This is what I was thinking of. The top is what mine had. The bottom is actually from a splash shield in fenders by my headlights
Wondered if the seal was changed. Pretty sure the one I got for my '67 (from year one?) had holes in the seal for the back of the clip to go into.
edit
:BangHead:
Duh, you're talking about the seal at the back of the hood and I'm thinking the optional one in the front. Sorry. My bad.

-
Back