Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Wondered if the seal was changed. Pretty sure the one I got for my '67 (from year one?) had holes in the seal for the back of the clip to go into.
edit
:BangHead:
Duh, you're talking about the seal at the back of the hood and I'm thinking the optional one in the front. Sorry. My bad.
No the front seal sits just behind the hood latch about two feet or so long.

I have seen those at the local body supply by me , they have a board with a ton of fasteners. Might be worth a check they are cheap a box of door panel ones were 3.00 for 25.

Yes the top is what the buddy had on his Duster hood seal.
They are a PITA to replace on the seal. Not easy to attach and the teeth break off once they are bent a couple times. I grabbed a bunch of extras from seals in junkyards.

Mines a 67, I went out and looked and the way my cowl seal sits you can't see the clips.

They are a PITA to replace on the seal. Not easy to attach and the teeth break off once they are bent a couple times. I grabbed a bunch of extras from seals in junkyards.
I'm going to order 12 from Detroit Muscle. I like to have extra's for me or someone else in need.

I'm going to order 12 from Detroit Muscle. I like to have extra's for me or someone else in need.
From what I saw, the new cowl seals that came with them had the wire type. Even if they were listed for 75-76 that used the type I have. Have not found anyone that sells that clip type.

Yesterday was almost fun.
I did very little on Buddy’s van. He did the majority. As soon as he would hit an obstacle, i would step in and get him on track. Last job,rear wheel bearing. I left him to struggle. I saved the day every time you had trouble and you cant even swap a wheel bearing?
He pulled it off, but couldnt remember how the abs wire was routed. 20 minutes watching him try different routes...

Hire the handicapped, they are fun to watch....

@toolmanmike @straightlinespeed
A guy I'd sent a PM to last May regarding MITP responded yesterday. He said the event is going to be held at Lake Elmo this year.
I send a email to the Director of MITP asking for clarification. I'll let you know if I get a response.
I guess I'll make another hotel reservation there, and wait to see what they're doing.
Im excited about that....

Karl bombs.jpg

Wondered if the seal was changed. Pretty sure the one I got for my '67 (from year one?) had holes in the seal for the back of the clip to go into.
edit
:BangHead:
Duh, you're talking about the seal at the back of the hood and I'm thinking the optional one in the front. Sorry. My bad.

Don't let it happen again... :poke:

Sucks that S sold Karl. I did look at my torsion bar member was way worse than I thought.

Sucks that S sold Karl. I did look at my torsion bar member was way worse than I thought.

Yeah, I know...

someone came to look at it yesterday and offered $4500 and put down a deposit... The kid had to work, we were trying to get him down a little and go pick it up today...

Those things happen when you are in this hobby...

But we can look at the running 65 more closely now...

Here's a video that he took of the 65 running...

-
Back