Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Man I am going to nuts on this cuda it needs a different drain plug for the oil has a dorman or something on it sticks out like a sore thumb. Actually looking at NOS ones. Dam never thought the car would go this far!!!!!!

Plain 70’s factory 318 plug work for you? Got one on a dented pan laying in the shop somewhere, also got one in a 72-73ish 440 Truck Pan if that’d work too

All the mopar drain plugs back then were the same with a 7/8" hex...

Oh well
I don't mind the ads. Never know when I might need something. Only issue is he does not do Paypal. But he is close enough...if it was a big item I could pick up and pay cash...

He's a good guy to deal with, no scammer.... I've dealt with him before a few times with no problems/issues...

I hope my son has the heat working good this year... Last year the oil burner was shutting off - had to go in the basement and restart every few hours. Gonna hit the teens here Wed/Thursday. Always a few degrees colder there. (Western PA)

Our torpedo heaters are not working... I need to open them up and see what's going on and fix them...

Which reminds me - I need to see if I can tighten the latch on side door of stove. I put a new gasket on recently and it was leaking smoke last night. Which means it leaks air in and I have less control of the burn

Feel the burn.... :D

you all gonna laugh, but I'm gonna try to do a Turkey this year for the first time. this year is the first time EVER I don't have anywhere I'm required to attend. Which is both sad and relaxing from a change of pace thing, usually we average 4 different households we have to visit between Thursday and Saturday, this year, 0. So I'm gonna try to bake/roast my own turkey

Try a practice one first before Thursday....

Experimented today. Want bolts to look close to what they were new.not sure. What do you think?
5CFBB639-DBC7-4BFA-B69A-D9D9A4EE9737.jpeg
guess what i did...

Its Black......:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Actually it’s blue. Gun bluing.
And a drop of oil for shine.
I have been wondering what to do with all the engine bolts, bead blasted, wire wheel, they too silver and will rust. Perhaps this will last...

Actually it’s blue. Gun bluing.
And a drop of oil for shine.
I have been wondering what to do with all the engine bolts, bead blasted, wire wheel, they too silver and will rust. Perhaps this will last...
interesting. But Gun bluing will rust as well....

Not as quick as bare metal,it does offer a little rust protection.
A little light oil will also help.

And someone should be selling it north of the border. Its shame there's such a limited selection of finishes on fasteners these days. The only thing that looks worse than a modern screw on historic hardware is one that contrasts with it. grump grump.
I forget what gun bluing usually is. IIRC browning is something or anything that creates light oxidation. Frank - Google some blacksmithing and metal working suppliers and forums. Maybe later I'll remember where I've seen this info.

Bluing is a subset of black oxide coating. Bluing converts the surface of steel to black oxide (Fe3O4) brought a passivation process. I did a ton of iron oxide chemistry work back at DuPont to switch iron oxide between the various states and back again. Fe2O3 to Fe3O4 to Fe4O5...and back.

We used it as a way to provide oxygen to chemical reactions that could be perpetually regenerated.

Bluing is a subset of black oxide coating. Bluing converts the surface of steel to black oxide (Fe3O4) brought a passivation process. I did a ton of iron oxide chemistry work back at DuPont to switch iron oxide between the various states and back again. Fe2O3 to Fe3O4 to Fe4O5...and back.

We used it as a way to provide oxygen to chemical reactions that could be perpetually regenerated.
Ya, what Dave said! LOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

interesting. But Gun bluing will rust as well....
No, it won’t. It is already oxidized. However the underlying steel can still be oxidized through the coating. Regular oil applications can prevent most of that.

Thats what the bottle said...
I will experiment with it more,but i am happy its not shiny silver.

-
Back