Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Our first stove that was here when we bought the place was a little Vogelzang. Thing leaked everywhere and burned HOT! Got a bit scary at times. The stove I have now is a Vermont Casting Duchwest XL. It is BIG. If it gets out of control it would be very bad.

I saw a 2462 looking that up, nice stove. My problem stove was an old Lopi, could fit a 24 inch log but the damper got warped and it was leaky. Also that stove didn't have a fan, got a new, more efficient Lopi that had a fan, burned less wood and heated the same.

I saw a 2462 looking that up, nice stove. My problem stove was an old Lopi, could fit a 24 inch log but the damper got warped and it was leaky. Also that stove didn't have a fan, got a new, more efficient Lopi that had a fan, burned less wood and heated the same.
recent pic
Looks like the cast part of latch is warped a little. I put a longer bolt in and the door snugged down on gasket pretty good.

D754C14B-54A3-41FD-A081-BB3F4B81196D.jpeg

Good morning, mild weather and sun is out. Took a short cruise in the Fury yesterday. Gotta keep it happy, as we know, an old Mopar does not like to feel neglected.
Now I am lying here with a heating pad, it is boring but getting to use a good many cuss words, good thing Dr is getting a surgeon lined up to remove about 4 inches I dont need (of small intestine Karl .) I had to turn down a dinner invitation, this is getting old.

Just learned that my cousin in CA, and her adult children have all lost their homes in the fire. My complaints are small by comparison.

getting to use a good many cuss words,
I was using a bunch recently while driving. Started with the snow on Thursday. :mad: :steering:That seems to have triggered everyone to go Christmas shopping - and too many think they are the only one trying to get somewhere. :mob: I even flipped one guy in a delivery truck the international sign of appreciation when he cut me off. :icon_fU:

Yep it is that time of year, supermarket was packed yesterday and female shoppers had that determined scowl on their faces even when you smiled at them.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, Dave. The fires sure have affected a lot of people in a lot different ways. I’ll be keeping you in my prayers for a successful surgery and full recovery!

Yep it is that time of year, supermarket was packed yesterday and female shoppers had that determined scowl on their faces even when you smiled at them.
you all gonna laugh, but I'm gonna try to do a Turkey this year for the first time. this year is the first time EVER I don't have anywhere I'm required to attend. Which is both sad and relaxing from a change of pace thing, usually we average 4 different households we have to visit between Thursday and Saturday, this year, 0. So I'm gonna try to bake/roast my own turkey

Good morning, mild weather and sun is out. Took a short cruise in the Fury yesterday. Gotta keep it happy, as we know, an old Mopar does not like to feel neglected.
Now I am lying here with a heating pad, it is boring but getting to use a good many cuss words, good thing Dr is getting a surgeon lined up to remove about 4 inches I dont need (of small intestine Karl .) I had to turn down a dinner invitation, this is getting old.

Just learned that my cousin in CA, and her adult children have all lost their homes in the fire. My complaints are small by comparison.
sorry to hear. That said, better to have lost something that can be rebuilt than their lives.

2 hours ago the news says Nissan chairman to be removed by the Board of Directors. Now it's Nissan chairman ARRESTED :eek: That didn't take long

you all gonna laugh, but I'm gonna try to do a Turkey this year for the first time. this year is the first time EVER I don't have anywhere I'm required to attend. Which is both sad and relaxing from a change of pace thing, usually we average 4 different households we have to visit between Thursday and Saturday, this year, 0. So I'm gonna try to bake/roast my own turkey
eh, turkey is the easy part. Coordinating the rest of the meal to get things done and on the table at proper serving temp is a bit of a challenge

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the surgery.

2 hours ago the news says Nissan chairman to be removed by the Board of Directors. Now it's Nissan chairman ARRESTED :eek: That didn't take long
Not surprising though. The accusation is theft. Even if its done with pencil and paper, its a felony. How will it effect Nissan and Renault, that's going to be the big question. The thinking has been that he's been pretty important. Isn't this always the situation? How key is a leader to an organization? We see it in sports, business, clubs, goverment. Stock holders may have over reacted just because of the surprise and loss of trust. Time will tell. Can't imagine it will effect anything on the production or customer side for a few years.

eh, turkey is the easy part. Coordinating the rest of the meal to get things done and on the table at proper serving temp is a bit of a challenge
probably just do easy side dishes, like corn, green beans, potatoes etc.

-
Back