Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
More than me, no doubt!

Though I have been walking around the shop and looking everything over because I know I’ve gotta get rid of some stuff. It’s just so hard to actually part with something because “I might need that someday.” Lol
And just about the time you sell it you will need it the next day or so. :BangHead:

More than me, no doubt!

Though I have been walking around the shop and looking everything over because I know I’ve gotta get rid of some stuff. It’s just so hard to actually part with something because “I might need that someday.” Lol
Yep
I've helped a few people out with hardware and small stuff I put away from my build. Last one was a couple studs from a spring hanger. It was an original from my car. Very rusty and one stud broke taking it out. I got a set from another member and one of those had a broken stud as well. So I took one out to use on mine and tossed it in a box. Someone needed 2 studs a few weeks back. I pressed them out and it finally went in the scrap bucket.

hey, is anyone else not getting notifications on watched posts anymore?

I hope my son has the heat working good this year... Last year the oil burner was shutting off - had to go in the basement and restart every few hours. Gonna hit the teens here Wed/Thursday. Always a few degrees colder there. (Western PA)

Nope. I opted out of all notifications. Just get the alerts in top corner.
the alerts are what im talking about. Maybe I accidentally turned those off somehow, gonna go check

Yep
I've helped a few people out with hardware and small stuff I put away from my build. Last one was a couple studs from a spring hanger. It was an original from my car. Very rusty and one stud broke taking it out. I got a set from another member and one of those had a broken stud as well. So I took one out to use on mine and tossed it in a box. Someone needed 2 studs a few weeks back. I pressed them out and it finally went in the scrap bucket.

In my case a lot of it is bulky stuff that hogs up a lot of useable space in the shop, got 8 bays and I can only get 2 cars in there at the moment....

Though I did clear out a little space, got rid of a ‘71 drum brake /6 K frame and a 7.25” rear recently. Debating on parting with my SBP aluminum slots, those I might not ever actually have a use for since my ‘65 was swapped to LBP.

I hope my son has the heat working good this year... Last year the oil burner was shutting off - had to go in the basement and restart every few hours. Gonna hit the teens here Wed/Thursday. Always a few degrees colder there. (Western PA)
Burrrr. I closed the bedroom door last night to muffle the wife coughing all night. It was pretty chilly in there this morning when I got up. We have a old house with hot water heat and only one . We do have a forced air part of that but I don't have it on.

Last edited:

Hopefully!

I’m without firewood at the moment, because someone borrowed my chainsaw and hasn’t returned it... That’s the last time I let a friend borrow it.

Burrrr. I closed the bedroom door last night to muffle the wife coughing all night. It was pretty chilly in there this morning when I got up. We have a old house with hot water heat. We do have a forced air part of that but I don't have it on.
I have air system on the heat pump and hot water baseboard for the oil burner. Try to use wood stove in basement as much as possible and let the air on circulate to move some heat. Bedrooms are one floor up and opposite end, so tend to be a little cooler. That can be a good thing when stove is really cranking out the heat

I have air system on the heat pump and hot water baseboard for the oil burner. Try to use wood stove in basement as much as possible and let the air on circulate to move some heat. Bedrooms are one floor up and opposite end, so tend to be a little cooler. That can be a good thing when stove is really cranking out the heat
Which reminds me - I need to see if I can tighten the latch on side door of stove. I put a new gasket on recently and it was leaking smoke last night. Which means it leaks air in and I have less control of the burn

Last edited:
Which reminds me - I need to see if I can titen the latch on side door of stove. I put a new gasket on recently and it was leaking smoke last night. Which means it leaks air in and I have less control of the burn
Ohhh A come back , Eh ????:poke::poke:

Which reminds me - I need to see if I can titen the latch on side door of stove. I put a new gasket on recently and it was leaking smoke last night. Which means it leaks air in and I have less control of the burn

When that kind of stuff was happening I used to burn way more wood than I wanted to.

When that kind of stuff was happening I used to burn way more wood than I wanted to.
Our first stove that was here when we bought the place was a little Vogelzang. Thing leaked everywhere and burned HOT! Got a bit scary at times. The stove I have now is a Vermont Casting Duchwest XL. It is BIG. If it gets out of control it would be very bad.

So I had to go look it up, November 18th 1985 on MNF, that freaky, exactly 33 years to the day later!!!

I remember this game, was on the USS Nimitz in the Mediterranean. We happened to be in port and a high ranking officer persuaded a local bar to open their doors very early so he and the crew could watch, early beer day!

I remember this game, was on the USS Nimitz in the Mediterranean. We happened to be in port and a high ranking officer persuaded a local bar to open their doors very early so he and the crew could watch, early beer day!
nice

-
Back