Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Frozen pipes....yay...
Say it aint true...
Man that sucks.
Coil of nylon air brake tubing,12 volt water pump,like the ones they use in an rv.
Pail of water. Disconnect fitting, run tubing into frozen line and start pumping water. Water runs out of pipe m, into pail to circulate. Cold water will thaw ice.

Say it aint true...
Man that sucks.
Coil of nylon air brake tubing,12 volt water pump,like the ones they use in an rv.
Pail of water. Disconnect fitting, run tubing into frozen line and start pumping water. Water runs out of pipe m, into pail to circulate. Cold water will thaw ice.
That's crafty!

I have it set up ready to go, but somehow i misplaced my pump. It was in the pail with coil of tubing. Its around.
I loaned it to a buddy, froze 20 feet away from house. Thawed about 4 feet with 1/2 gallon of water in 20 minutes.

It occasionally freezes in my pumphouse, i supply 6 other homes with water. Had to figure out a quick thaw method. That is it.

I have it set up ready to go, but somehow i misplaced my pump. It was in the pail with coil of tubing. Its around.
I loaned it to a buddy, froze 20 feet away from house. Thawed about 4 feet with 1/2 gallon of water in 20 minutes.

It occasionally freezes in my pumphouse, i supply 6 other homes with water. Had to figure out a quick thaw method. That is it.
Plug in Heat tapes...I got 4 of them, running different places here, Mostly outside , open air stuff...

Dumb *** a bit away used a blowtorch, yes they got thawed out from what you could tell in the ashes. Old 100 year house with the good old paper type insulation in it.

I feel better. I found the pump.
0201828E-08EF-4056-825C-414A0F86244F.jpeg
the white tubing was from a retired refrigerator with cold water and ice maker. Like 50 feet.

Better than being burned to a crisp. Fires close to where you live?[/QUOTE

I drove through the fire zone to the south of the home county (the one that burned into Malibu) no signs of new smoke, they say they have a line all the way around it now. Only a 1/4" of rain at the house last night. Burn went for miles and miles, right up to the edges of the residential area, in many cases right up to back fences. No news of mudslides as of yet and the radar looks good for a nice day :D. They seem to have a good handle on the one way up north too, 90% contained I read.

So whats on the menu traditionally? Google only came with one thing.
Yeahhh, I catch your drift...LOL But seriously, they will splurge, and eat more protein rich or expensive foods during Tet. Families that live in far away provinces come home to Mamas province/village to be with family. Might travel a day or two to get there. Typically Viet people work 29 or 30 days a month. One day off per month. But at the Tet holiday, business often close, and most Viet people get a week off from thier jobs..Quite interesting.

Say it aint true...
Man that sucks.

It’s true. It’s 20* inside my house.

Funny, times like this show who true friends are. The friend that has had my brand new chainsaw for over 3 months won’t answer his phone. A hell of a note, a brand new 24” saw, used it one time and I haven’t seen it since!

My cousin showed up immediately, even though we haven’t talked in over a year and he brought whiskey, a hair dryer and heat wrap for pipes. A friend of mine in the national guard brought over an infrared propane heater (the kind you use while hunting) and the 3 Of us are chasing pipes and trying to thaw everything out.

Yeahhh, I catch your drift...LOL But seriously, they will splurge, and eat more protein rich or expensive foods during Tet. Families that live in far away provinces come home to Mamas province/village to be with family. Might travel a day or two to get there. Typically Viet people work 29 or 30 days a month. One day off per month. But at the Tet holiday, business often close, and most Viet people get a week off from thier jobs..Quite interesting.
Thought that was the big one.

Chainsaw- i will never loan out.
Too easy to wreck a chain and toast a bar.
Thats if you are lucky. The straight gas thing is far too common.
I dont need a saw, when i do, it goes back as promised and in same or better condition. The guy i borrow from brings it here for maintenance /repair.

I have seen it all when it comes to chainsaws. Except for one. Human flesh in the chain clutch.
For that im thankful.

In Hi my next door? neighbor used to raise dogs just to eat. Actually not bad till you start to sweat later My dogs used to keep far away from me for a few days after eating it. He made meat on a stick with some spicy stuff on it loved it!

Chainsaw- i will never loan out.
Too easy to wreck a chain and toast a bar.
Thats if you are lucky. The straight gas thing is far too common.
I dont need a saw, when i do, it goes back as promised and in same or better condition. The guy i borrow from brings it here for maintenance /repair.

I have seen it all when it comes to chainsaws. Except for one. Human flesh in the chain clutch.
For that im thankful.

I have a sinking feeling that the reason my saw hasn’t come back is either

A : They cut rock/metal and knocked the teeth off the chain

B : They didn’t fill the oil when it was fueled up and it smoked the bar & chain

C : They ran straight 87 pump gas in it and wasted the engine.

Friend or not, any of those 3 they’re buying a new saw identical to it to replace it!

I hear you I have a Foley Belsaw machine with the chain attachments. Used to do a lot of them and saw a lot of wrecked chains. Love it when they say it is new just used once and had as many teeth left on it as a Hillbilly.

I hear you I have a Foley Belsaw machine with the chain attachments. Used to do a lot of them and saw a lot of wrecked chains. Love it when they say it is new just used once and had as many teeth left on it as a Hillbilly.
We used to say “front row at western hour”
Was a show Ray StGermain put on in the 70’s.

I’m very picky about my saws. I’ve been cutting firewood for about 25 Of my 30 years now and I’ve never destroyed a chain or bar (they have worn out from old age though)

Always more oil in the tank than premix in the other tank, so it will run out of fuel before it runs out of bar/chain lube.

This saw, a brand new Poulan. I cut one load of firewood with it, as an 18”. I upgraded to a 24” Bar and Chain after and didn’t even get a chance to use it after.

The smaller Poulan behind it finally died after 20 years of use. The crankcase fractured when I fired it up this Fall.

1B71674F-3519-42C0-816E-F5465880536A.jpeg

-
Back