Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I prefer the old stihls
I’m very picky about my saws. I’ve been cutting firewood for about 25 Of my 30 years now and I’ve never destroyed a chain or bar (they have worn out from old age though)

Always more oil in the tank than premix in the other tank, so it will run out of fuel before it runs out of bar/chain lube.

This saw, a brand new Poulan. I cut one load of firewood with it, as an 18”. I upgraded to a 24” Bar and Chain after and didn’t even get a chance to use it after.

The smaller Poulan behind it finally died after 20 years of use. The crankcase fractured when I fired it up this Fall.

View attachment 1715252197

I prefer the old stihls

I’ve got 2, one needs bored and a new piston and the other needs a new Carb.

Great saws but they’re both broke down at the moment. I’ve had great luck with Stihl and Poulan. Though the new Poulans do require jet/mixture adjustments, they come out of the box with a crappy tune.

Primer cord is definitely the fastest.
From the USDA forest service also. Buddy has a license. Great stuff!
fig1.gif

Primer cord is definitely the fastest.
From the USDA forest service also. Buddy has a license. Great stuff!
View attachment 1715252199

My uncle (RIP, he didn’t recover from a stroke 2 weeks ago) was licensed in that kind of stuff. Only guy I ever knew with balls with size of 426 Hemis! He’d drag a shed full of explosives with a D9 Dozer, while smoking a cigar.

Guess i should have done this

View attachment 1715252202

I did that by accident a few years ago in my Dodge D50 (with a heavily cammed high compression 273 with 4.88 gears).

The ratchet shifter somehow skipped Drive and grabbed 2nd. I was driving home at 6,000+ Rpm and when I let off the throttle you could hear the fuel igniting in the exhaust. I let off the throttle coming down a hill and the guy that was tailgating me suddenly locked upbhis brakes and fell WAY BACK!

I know what he was seeing, he was seeing fire blowing out of the tailpipes on the D50

There is hope for humanity yet!

My friend that brought over the propane heater asked for the keys to my Ram. He came back with a load of firewood and a chainsaw.

His dad heats with wood too and as soon as his dad heard what I was going through they loaded my truck with wood and he threw in a Stihl saw for me to use.

I’m supposed to go over later for dinner, and his dad wants to know who has my new saw (he wants to knock on a door...... and take my saw back....)

F333E3B9-81CC-4CFB-8A94-C3004595DECE.jpeg

So thats it.
No one to chat with rest of the evening.
Enjoy your turkey!!
I am probably getting zoodles and peaches for supper...
If im lucky a tv dinner.

No matter, its Vegas Rat Rods tonight.
I really enjoy that show, they pull off some pretty good stuff.

Planning on Thanksgiving supper tonight. This year is a flop. The wife has been sick for a week (so far) and we didn't travel to see her family. My oldest son can't come over for T-giving because he's not feeling well so us 3 will just eat and be thankful. I don't need to but I think I will have a few sips of rye tonight.

So thats it.
No one to chat with rest of the evening.
Enjoy your turkey!!
I am probably getting zoodles and peaches for supper...
If im lucky a tv dinner.

No matter, its Vegas Rat Rods tonight.
I really enjoy that show, they pull off some pretty good stuff.
I'm cooking my Turkey breast, bone in, now./ Probably another 45 mins. Stuffing , potatoes, and brussell sprouts. Home alone with Gunner. Nobody invites me....Im fine with that ....Food ... Football.... Whats not to like ??

I'm cooking my Turkey breast, bone in, now./ Probably another 45 mins. Stuffing , potatoes, and brussell sprouts. Home alone with Gunner. Nobody invites me....Im fine with that ....Food ... Football.... Whats not to like ??
Beer?

Good thing you have FABO around. Happy Thanksgiving you turkey! :lol:

Hi folks, hope everyone has had a good day so far.

We had our big brunch around 1 pm and I have been reworking this image on and off during the afternoon. It’s an old Direct Connection t-shirt ad.

17814A05-7D92-4BFE-89F2-4D748B393F0D.jpeg

Look what showed up for free. I decided i must give something$50 is well worth it to me.
F4CB725F-1E4A-4EEF-900B-C68E4CB44BD5.jpeg

-
Back