Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That radar is rather colorful and the color is widespread. 4 different variety "flood" warnings in your neighborhood. That's pretty impressive.
Yeah, good thing we live at the top of a granite ridge which is about 150’ above the Chester creek below. Water here runs off fast and dissipates quickly. The creek below rarely floods since there is a 30’ waterfall downstream about a 1/4 mile. Downstream from there are several deep ravines to race the water out to the Delaware river.

Below that, it slows and those communities around it are screwed when it comes down like this.

Snow stopped here. Was 36 today but high of 23 tomorrow. 16 tonight will make the slush covered firelane a frozen zig zag mess in the morning. First 5 miles of the drive home will suck

Time for the evening walk. Sparky is wearing his finest rain coat...

2F14C111-7EB4-4907-AE7F-A3618A8DD83B.jpeg

A8DFDF7D-059B-45D9-B4B6-6B4DE02F43AC.jpeg

Oh, he was very enthusiastic to go out...no so much to calm down for a pic or two.

Twice as happy to come back in!

Surfing around the interweb looking at shop crane mods.
Some good ideas, some not so much.
Extending boom past the wheels is a bad one, especially if no warning about adding ballast.
Now that i made my vertical tubes 1’ taller,it moves boom back.so adding the necessary
Length wont be much of a problem.
Air/hyd lift cylinder i ordered may be a while, so i will use original to finish.
Lever on jack valve so i dont have to fiddle with the long handle.
Will post up some pics when i get a little more done.

Maybe Dave and Hoppy know this PA band Small Town Titans, we could use more Christmas music like their version of The Grinch...

Almost done with this, just needs a gauge and a lead.
That motor is a beast Mitch no wonder it was so freaking heavy!
DSC03203.JPG
DSC03199.JPG

Have it sold already. My friend at the far junkyard wants it to test alt/gen. Just have to find the amp panel meter.

-
Back