Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Do they plant with a tree spade or do you dig the hole? Had good luck with them planting with the truck.
I'm planting them. They just deliver. Supposed to be fruit bearing the same year as planting.

I have lost my father by degrees. 6 years ago, he had a stroke that was very localized and took out his ability to speak, but every thing else was unaffected. I could communicate with him for about a year after that before the Alzheimer’s progressed too far to make it possible.

2 years later, and he only recognized me about half the time. 2 years after that and it was only about 25% of the time. We have faithfully continued his care and moved him to the best facilities as his condition progressed. 3 months ago, he had no idea who I am...only barely acknowledging my presence.

Now, it’s not even that.

6 years of watching the man disappear like an ever fading photograph that I am powerless to stop.

To lose him is hard enough...to have him taken from me and my family one degree at a time over 6 years is just cruel.

I only hope he eventually finds peace without pain along the way.

Today would have been my father's 89th birthday. He knew he had only a short time left as did I and he laid out his wishes the last time I visited. We had a Miller Lite together and he told me not to visit again, we lived 400 miles apart. I worked on his Edsel that trip :D so he could drive it a few more times before he passed. "I want my ashes spread on the Colorado River, but don't put me in the lake (Lake Mohave). It's too f@#$in' cold."

Good morning everyone. Back to the normal work week. Hopefully just same ole without big surprises

Gotta keep you nuts in check you know!
No nuts here....

d55ed642f9d6132482db8f28f3a0e809.jpg

Wow, 30 degree temp swing from yesterday morning to now

Suck it up and make the wife happy. Fill the kids wit a ton of candy so you get thrown out?

How much you got so far?
6 inches snow, but with the 30-50mph winds for hours drifts of a couple feet.
We went out and shoveled the walk and around the truck and car.
Snow blower comes out this morning. Have a couple elderly neighbors to do, and my buddy that always helps with the car.

Ok the snow blower part...clearing their driveways...payment in baked goodies is the best part!!

Lots, I have a ton of ignition stuff NOS. Getting expensive though compared to last year.

-
Back