Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good evening folks, just doing a quick stop by to the coffee shop. I got roped into doing an image of one of our drug products for the marketing folks so I've been sorta working overtime tonight. It's not an official image, just a concept they need to be able to visualize the idea. They called on me because they know I can do I quickly without the usual 1,000 questions from the graphics department.

It's sort of an interesting idea...

Airstream Vivlodex 2a.jpg

As the time to put the custom front fascia on my SRT approaches and my wife wanting a newer car, I've been thinking about a beater car for my Winter commuter to keep the salt etc. off the SRT.

I decided the smartest thing to do is to keep the '05 Grand Caravan (only 65k miles on it) and make it a fully functional beater truckster after I get a new ride for my wife in the Fall.

I found that I can get the BFG All Terrain tires in the stock size and a pushbar made for the van. I figure it will work well in Winter being FWD and the Stow-N-Go fold down seats make it a nice hauler for other seasons when I need to haul mulch, lumber or other stuff. If it gets banged up, it won't bother me since it won't be an everyday vehicle.

I figure I will just make it look like this...

attachment.php

Check out the thread in the small block forum by 318willrun on home porting a 318 head. Some very good tips...

my Low dollar 318 hop-up project

almost makes me want to keep my 318s around ....almost.

I never used any 318 because 360s are like ....everywhere.

The one time I drove a 318 was the original engine in my 72 swinger special. It must have been tired because it was short. It would take off the line real strong and chirp the tires but once I was at 60 MPH and revving up pretty good, It's like it ran out of breath.

A 360 solves that problem but even a 360 can run out of carb and manifold before its time.

That thread makes me appricate them more at least. I have the original 68 318 out of my coronet, been wondering what to do with it.

I think a tuned slant can match or exceed a stock to mild 318, so it would be interesting to know how far you can push a 318

Good evening folks, just doing a quick stop by to the coffee shop. I got roped into doing an image of one of our drug products for the marketing folks so I've been sorta working overtime tonight. It's not an official image, just a concept they need to be able to visualize the idea. They called on me because they know I can do I quickly without the usual 1,000 questions from the graphics department.

It's sort of an interesting idea...

View attachment 1714939790
That's cool!

As the time to put the custom front fascia on my SRT approaches and my wife wanting a newer car, I've been thinking about a beater car for my Winter commuter to keep the salt etc. off the SRT.

I decided the smartest thing to do is to keep the '05 Grand Caravan (only 65k miles on it) and make it a fully functional beater truckster after I get a new ride for my wife in the Fall.

I found that I can get the BFG All Terrain tires in the stock size and a pushbar made for the van. I figure it will work well in Winter being FWD and the Stow-N-Go fold down seats make it a nice hauler for other seasons when I need to haul mulch, lumber or other stuff. If it gets banged up, it won't bother me since it won't be an everyday vehicle.

I figure I will just make it look like this...

attachment.php

push bar gives a nice "Dukes" van appeal ....I like it, every vehicle needs a little "Dukes" in it.

almost makes me want to keep my 318s around ....almost.

I never used any 318 because 360s are like ....everywhere.

The one time I drove a 318 was the original engine in my 72 swinger special. It must have been tired because it was short. It would take off the line real strong and chirp the tires but once I was at 60 MPH and revving up pretty good, It's like it ran out of breath.

A 360 solves that problem but even a 360 can run out of carb and manifold before its time.

That thread makes me appricate them more at least. I have the original 68 318 out of my coronet, been wondering what to do with it.

I think a tuned slant can match or exceed a stock to mild 318, so it would be interesting to know how far you can push a 318
To around 400 horse without major modifiations.

Good morning, folks!
The porting I'm prepared to do on my own is the simple stuff like opening up the ports and shaving down the push rod humps. They're pretty annoying when you look into the port.
And mine is a 360, btw. :rolleyes:

Been Kinda busy on Homie Projects around here. Finished the install on the new Pool Pump yesterday. Assembled a new LPG Grille after I took the old one to the dump. Was gonna cut and trim the yard, but it was too wet. My Mufflers came yesterday, so I get a Mitch Day today. Maybe also do the Yard

I had the wire pull of the connector and changed the connector. Most of the dash came back but the spedo, then again it is all gone, odometer, temp, etc. Can I have the wires backwards?

When we did the cluth thw wire was behind the steering coupler and got caught and pulled out of the connector, so I ordered a new pigtail and rerouted and replaced it. Kind of weird just those came on then went out again. Think I need a sensor?

Hi Ray!
I've been spending an hour or so using my new sand blaster. It works but the sand hose is way too stiff. And I'm thinking maybe I should have fixed the air filter on my compressor when it broke a couple of years back. No filter in combination with a cloud of sand dust seems to have had an effect on the compression ...
Or can you easily turn the shaft by hand on your compressor?
And I need a bigger one. And a tent. And maybe buy some proper blasting sand. Sweeping up and sifting the sand every ten minutes is a major drag.

You definitely want the air dry. How big is your compressor? I have a 30 gallon and it barely keep up with my small blast cabinet.

-
Back