Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Does it work or are you just being anal?
YOU DO REALIZE NOS LOOKS GOOD BUT NOT ALWAYS WORKS RIGHT?
Like I should be talking wit the Cuda!
Neither why would I put a 50 year old part on the car and expect it to work??

We had six inches snow and 30-50mph wind for several hours. We have foot and a half to two feet drifts.
Schools are called off and many businesses are closed. Main interstate across the state is completely closed.
Looks like the snow blower will get a work out tomorrow. My driveway and three elderly neighbors.

We had six inches snow and 30-50mph wind for several hours. We have foot and a half to two feet drifts.
Schools are called off and many businesses are closed. Main interstate across the state is completely closed.
Looks like the snow blower will get a work out tomorrow. My driveway and three elderly neighbors.
I use a 175 hp tractor and an 8 ft blade, does well. Though it does destroy the gravel

Still waiting to need my plow. Its still where i parked it last spring.
Good thing, bridge repair will go quicker with no snow.

So has anyone had any attempts at planting fruit trees that are 2 years old? There's a local tree farm here selling some various fruit trees, all 2-3 years old and gotta place my order by Dec 15th to be guaranteed any for the March Delivery. Google has mixed opinions

Last edited:
So has anyone had any attempts at planting fruit trees that are 2 years old? There's a local tree farm here selling some various fruit trees, all 2-3 years old and gotta place my order by Dec 15th to be guaranteed any for the March Delivery. Google has mixed opinions

Not sure how old the 6 foot tall trees are we can get at the local Lowes or Menards, but I have planted several and they all made it well. Some had fruit the first season.

Last edited:
Good evening, Mopar brothers. Even quieter around my place than usual. Christmas is a month away! Thinking of printing some cards with the Fury on it. Cheap to do, I believe. Christmas music playing at work but somehow my boss found a playlist that is really nice instrumental arrangements. It really makes a difference.
I bought a decent guitar from a coworker, to see what I can do. Just a few minutes at a time till I get callouses built up. Not as easy as it looks! Reminds me how unusual my Dad was, he taught himself guitar, I don't remember his practicing that much, I do remember he really concentrated when he played.
I'm surprised no one liked the video of You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch, I posted, I thought they did a good job.

Good evening, Mopar brothers. Even quieter around my place than usual. Christmas is a month away! Thinking of printing some cards with the Fury on it. Cheap to do, I believe. Christmas music playing at work but somehow my boss found a playlist that is really nice instrumental arrangements. It really makes a difference.
I bought a decent guitar from a coworker, to see what I can do. Just a few minutes at a time till I get callouses built up. Not as easy as it looks! Reminds me how unusual my Dad was, he taught himself guitar, I don't remember his practicing that much, I do remember he really concentrated when he played.
I'm surprised no one liked the video of You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch, I posted, I thought they did a good job.
I expect our non stop Chistmas music at work to start tomorrow. I think they rotate between a few stations. I assume it is satellite radio, cause its no commercials and very little talk. But each station seems to have a very limited playlist.

Went to see my Dad today. Nearly nothing left now. He has totally lost the ability to swallow and hasn’t had any food or liquids since Friday morning. He just stares out into space.

It breaks my heart to see him like this.

When I came home, I felt compelled to do this image. It’s a render of an old Sunoco station in New Hampshire where he grew up that was next to an A&W root beer stand. He used to take me there when I was a kid. I added his favorite car from the year he was born, a 1936 Ford 5 window coupe.

None of these things exist anymore...just in my memory.

07B88BE0-A1DC-48AA-A367-CF92095B2A37.jpeg

Honestly Dave, didn't look at it. Nothing personal. Not my thing.
After dinner I did watch vintage race video my buddy Tim posted. :)
His car's sounding good, and he knows that track well. (sorry, no A-body content in this one)

I expect our non stop Chistmas music at work to start tomorrow. I think they rotate between a few stations. I assume it is satellite radio, cause its no commercials and very little talk. But each station seems to have a very limited playlist.
Ugh. That would drive me nuts unless it was really background. Even good tunes can be ruined by overplaying.
I just turned off WXPN's folk show. really not very good the last couple weeks.
Thanks to the 'net, turned on Music You Can't Hear on the Radio instead. :)
It actually reaches Philadelphia on the airwaves, but just can't pull it in well in my house.

Last edited:
Soak your fingers in ice water when playing till you get calloused up. Helps a little.

Went to see my Dad today. Nearly nothing left now. He has totally lost the ability to swallow and hasn’t had any food or liquids since Friday morning. He just stares out into space.

When I came home, I felt compelled to do this image. It’s a render of an old Sunoco station in New Hampshire where he grew up that was next to an A&W root beer stand. He used to take me there when I was a kid. I added his favorite car from the year he was born, a 1936 Ford 5 window coupe.

View attachment 1715253617
I was thinking of you today, Dave, knowing you'd be visiting him. My Pop was born in '36 too. That's a very good idea, to make something positive after seeing your Dad the way he is. You want your thoughts to be of how he was when he was really himself.

As much as I hated to see him go, I was glad my dad didn't 'linger'. I think he still knew who I was in my last visits, but most of what he said made no sense. They had told me he would be transferred to hospice soon. I believe he passed in the night before the morning he was to be moved.

Do they plant with a tree spade or do you dig the hole? Had good luck with them planting with the truck.

As much as I hated to see him go, I was glad my dad didn't 'linger'. I think he still knew who I was in my last visits, but most of what he said made no sense. They had told me he would be transferred to hospice soon. I believe he passed in the night before the morning he was to be moved.
Same here, my Dad still had his friendly personality, but the last time I saw him he was sick. He felt better pretty soon and we talked again. But I knew when he passed on shortly afterwards, that it was for the best. I do miss him so much. The type of people our elders were, we aren't seeing very much anymore.

View attachment 1715253617
So sad. My grandfather did the exact same thing. They gave him 72 hours, he lasted a week. Painful as hell to watch but know that he'll soon be in a better place with far less suffering. Prayers

-
Back