Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Franken-rat

Screenshot_20230417_064553_Facebook.jpg

Wonder if the guts can be swapped. How the hell you break a slant?

My question as well

If the clutches and bands seem OK I'll use those in the one I just bought. It needs rebuild but was operational.

I need to find an unmolested valve body for the /6 transmission... then figure out the motor. It wasn't a catastrophic failure, but it's broke

Morning!
-4°c. 8° for today. Looks like more snow,wed-fri. Whatever.
Did a dump run yesterday, cleaned shop a little. Was cool and windy yesterday, didnt do much outside.

Good morning everyone. Back to the grind. Cold, windy, ice and a little snow. High of 35 today. Yay spring

Usually they are bullet proff. Hel I have change oil on them and got one quart out and it was just a engine full of baked on sludge.

I know.. it sounds like a washing machine full of rebar (more than usual) and no power above idle (gets super noisy) had to drive a couple miles that way to get back to the house

Gonna peek inside the 273 this week...

I know.. it sounds like a washing machine full of rebar (more than usual) and no power above idle (gets super noisy) had to drive a couple miles that way to get back to the house
Sounds like a rod let go, hope its all at the top end. So, are you putting a small block in now ? Getting confused because you are looking for a slant 6 valve body for your trans

Sounds like a rod let go, hope its all at the top end. So, are you putting a small block in now ? Getting confused because you are looking for a slant 6 valve body for your trans

Putting the V8 in.

I'm going to keep the /6 drive train so once I am up and running with the 273 I want to get the other items fixed and find a roller to put them in

Putting the V8 in.

I'm going to keep the /6 drive train so once I am up and running with the 273 I want to get the other items fixed and find a roller to put them in
Can you post me a Pic of your early A body, and year, I forgot, but I wake up in a new world every day :lol:

I went out and started my two oldies yesterday. The 55 has a Dakota electrical dash setup and the reads had been messed up for a while.
I suspected the fuel sender so bought a new one. I simply wired it up to see if that was the fix and it was dash reads returned to normal.
Plan on replacing it today.
Yesterday my buddy and I went through my 67-parts stash pricing and packing it for Carlisle.
Funny you can easily see my impulse buying over the years. deluxe chrome hubcaps, taillights, left side engine mounts, hood inserts, etc...
I have a truck load to sell should go quick.

Hate to say it you have to pull it and take it apart. Rods i have changed before.

Do you have exhaust manifolds and intake ? Witch ones ? Going to keep an eye out for parts i may not use myself that I have .

I went out and started my two oldies yesterday. The 55 has a Dakota electrical dash setup and the reads had been messed up for a while.
I suspected the fuel sender so bought a new one. I simply wired it up to see if that was the fix and it was dash reads returned to normal.
Plan on replacing it today.
Yesterday my buddy and I went through my 67-parts stash pricing and packing it for Carlisle.
Funny you can easily see my impulse buying over the years. deluxe chrome hubcaps, taillights, left side engine mounts, hood inserts, etc...
I have a truck load to sell should go quick.
Wont last long. What day you getting there?

-
Back