Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Plus they made slants to like 1998 or something silly... i love slants soo much :) Spent a lot of my teenage years in d100's with slants..
and there's a whole community of slant guys into hot rodding. One of the best lives in western Virg - although he has a real job.
Last I heard he was going to attempt hot rodding an aluminum one - and have it hold up!

and there's a whole community of slant guys into hot rodding. One of the best lives in western Virg - although he has a real job.
Last I heard he was going to attempt hot rodding an aluminum one - and have it hold up!
I wouldn't hotrod one, ruins the charm.. BUt he has a header/intake setup already.. i mean... this is not a hard choice to make :)

I missed the Slant-6 day up at Mason Dixon... but a few of them were there on Sunday.

Be funny if it's something stupid like the rocker shaft came loose.... had a friend right a renault.. great car but the rockers would pretty much fall off every couple of months :) just got in the habit of checking em

I had a friend kill 2 slant 6's which i thought was impossible... but ran them both out of oil.. funny thing is, not a sound til a rod came out the block..
Yea I killed that 68. it was probably the motor flush. But acutally it wasn't dead. I drove it off the interstate to a parking lot and called the guys at work who owed me a ride.
Not sure what the kid did who bought it. Gave him a spare engine and trans from my '67. But that engine was really worn,

BTW.. if you are still on here... take the intake/header off before pulling and the dist.. those motors are lopsided and will do weird moves and wreck **** if you leave it on

Yea I killed that 68. it was probably the motor flush. But acutally it wasn't dead. I drove it off the interstate to a parking lot and called the guys at work who owed me a ride.
Not sure what the kid did who bought it. Gave him a spare engine and trans from my '67. But that engine was really worn,
Yeah.. my buddy was a motorcycle guy, didn't give a **** bout his cars and would drive them into the ground.. but a 1968 triumph chopper.... all molded frame, chrome spike/acorn nuts.. every inch perfect.. used to make me nuts

Be funny if it's something stupid like the rocker shaft came loose.... had a friend right a renault.. great car but the rockers would pretty much fall off every couple of months :) just got in the habit of checking em

My brother flips Mini-Coopers. Plastic timing chain gears break and one of the valves (same one) goes at about the 100,000 mile mark. Just working evenings he gets them up and going in about 3 - 4 weeks. Only works certain years and only the S

The block that is in there now is an 81 casting.

I think I need to get it out of there and assess. Have to read up on how to modify the engine stand to hold it I think :)
Approx 100K mi. Ran good (per Hoppy) Come get it…

IMG_4372.jpeg

Yeah, has the Offy 4bbl intake and Clifford headers.
Get to work.. and i will be 100% honest... if someone opens their hood to a slant 6 with headers and a offy 4, it makes me happier than yet another generic v8 (which i'm building) the slant 6 cool factor is huge

k.. kinda wishing my car was a 6 now.. with a 3 on the tree.... bah :(

Get to work.. and i will be 100% honest... if someone opens their hood to a slant 6 with headers and a offy 4, it makes me happier than yet another generic v8 (which i'm building) the slant 6 cool factor is huge
Just wait until you see the gen 1 hemi in my Jeep haha

Gen 1 as in 331ish? that would be awesome:)
Picked this heavy biotch up Thursday. Haven’t had a chance to see it’s conditions yet, but yeah, 51-53 block need to run the numbers but it’s a 331

IMG_0383.jpeg

Hey. Yep a know a guy who sold me the 8.75 in my 66. It was rebuilt completely. He was going to use it in a slant valiant. Turbo. Asked why selling? Not strong enough. Broke the last one. He went with
a Dana. So yes slant can make some real power

Picked this heavy biotch up Thursday. Haven’t had a chance to see it’s conditions yet, but yeah, 51-53 block need to run the numbers but it’s a 331

View attachment 1716104317
That is awesome.... i have never owned a early hemi or late... i suck.. BUT... i was at a car show and a guy had a mid 50's something with a firepower hemi in it. bone stock.. i have never seen a motor run so smooth in my life, even new injected stuff.. it was like he was reving a electric motor

K.. now that's funny.. plenty of parts laying around for 331s but i couldn't get **** for my poly...

-
Back