Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I’m curious as to why people feel it’s cheaper? Having multiple ongoing projects that I bounce between, LA stuff often costs the same as BB stuff, sometimes more, sometimes less. It’s pretty much a wash.

I mean brake, t-bar and rear end upgrades all still need to be done in most slant 6 to V8 projects anyways.

Well.. for me it's going to cost me 5-6k (without rebuilding my bottom end which has unknown miles and might be junk) to hopefully make 400hp... there was a running 440 still in a car with trans near me for $650 last week and normally 1100ish.. big block is cheaper by far for money per power value...

OK just to start, Conversion mounts, heater motor relocate, power booster, Headers are a ***** to find, Then once it is in you cant get to #4 and 6 plugs easily. For the bang for the buck I would get a crate motor for 6K. Have at least that into mine.

Yeah, that's why I want a hemi too, for the spark plug maintenance!

20230609_101059.jpg

Last edited:
That's an easy fix. Ditch the heater, ditch the power brakes, ditch the power steering, weld in J bars, cut the inner fenders out, use an engine plate and fenderwell headers! Excuse the old pic but everything is super easy to get at.

View attachment 1716105340
I'm diggin hell outta them center squirters!

We are right on the top edge of that front. Dam pond is about 2 feet usually 12!

You running a torque strap Eric? I have to or the engine valve cover will hit the booster.

Am i the only one that cringes when i see inner fenders cut out :(
For me it depends on the rest of the build. I really like me some @71GSSDemon's car because it's so period correct, you'd think it was still the 1970s. For others that don't do all the rest, yeah it's kinda outta place. But he did it right.

I'm diggin hell outta them center squirters!
Once they get sorted out, they are pretty awesome! All 8 barrels at once, runs great and still got 11mpg on the drive to MITP. More tuning to do, but I was very happy.

Once they get sorted out, they are pretty awesome! All 8 barrels at once, runs great and still got 11mpg on the drive to MITP. More tuning to do, but I was very happy.
I've run ONE on a Chevy 350 years ago. It was a bad ****.

Am i the only one that cringes when i see inner fenders cut out :(
The J bars tie the firewall to the front frame rail and the upper shock mount. Team that with the front engine plate that now connects the engine to the frame and the J bar it is likely as good or better than sheet metal inner fenders.

24 is better then 12. Then again 12 is better the 3.
Or so I've been told.
Reminds me of what Kitty told me when we first met. "Gimmie 12" and make it hurt" So I did her four times and punched her in the nose.

You running a torque strap Eric? I have to or the engine valve cover will hit the booster.
No torque strap. Just the front engine plate and a factory rubber trans mount. I thought about adding a mid plate for ease of removing the engine or trans without blocking things up. I have seen many install fore/aft limiters but without racing, I don't think it is an issue.

Engine plate will lock it in I am sure. Mine has some serious torque so I have to watch it. Have to get it on a dyno whenever it is running again. Need a head, Ring gear and re polish the rear main where the seal rides has a annoying drip. Engine has to come out just to get the header off the pass side to do heads. Good time to paint the bay if I ever get time.

The J bars tie the firewall to the front frame rail and the upper shock mount. Team that with the front engine plate that now connects the engine to the frame and the J bar it is likely as good or better than sheet metal inner fenders.
Wasn't saying it's weaker/stronger, just makes me sad inside :)

-
Back