The decision is made

-
The 1,2, & 3 ratios for the 200 are nearly the same as a low gear 904. Should work out great for you. But 2500 at 70? Seems kind of high to me but I could be wrong, been daily driving trucks for too long I guess.

Well, right now it's 4000 rpm. I am going to try and stick in a taller tire as well.

most likely they say it because they don't know what the hell they are talking about. same as the *** clowns that say a 904 won't hold up.

i asked my buddy that does all my transmissions for me about the 200 and he says they are very strong as long as they are built right. and by right i don't mean exotic and expensive..

i can't wait to see the install. this may just be the direction i end up going.

I will take lots of pics. The plan is to do it mid to late January in my buddies shop. It will take a weekend or two to get it all right, and I need to order the TTi 1 7/8 headers still. ****, and the crank pulley I keep forgetting to order.

I am running 4.10 gears and need a good overdrive to drive this car anywhere. I want to drive this car wherever I want to go, and 4000 rpm at 70 mph ain't going to make that happen. I will probably run it on the track a few times for kicks and to see what times I can turn, but this is a street car all the way. I want to drive!

I do exactly this...with an old school 833 :glasses7: I go anywhere, hwy driving is great at 4,000 rpms, done it many times, the longest is to Farmington MN for the Mopar shows, 2 hour straight interstate drive, not even that bad on gas :D

I don't know alot about trans gears but how does that 1-2-3 gear spread work out at the track with that 200 vs our 727?

can't be all that bad. i remember seeing a lot of freaking grand nationals going 10 and 11 second quarter miles back i the day at atco raceway. and they would drive them to and from the track. none of that trailer ****.

Gents I think we just found the tranny of choice for Mopar A-Bodies when it come to autos with overdrive and not cutting the tunnel (at least with the 68+ cars).

Yes and yes

I am really curious about going this route for my Twin Turbo Build. The price of the Trans is right at the same as a Fully done up 727. Is there anyone who has put this trans in an A body before, Link??

1970Duster;Gents I think we just found the tranny of choice for Mopar A-Bodies when it come to autos with overdrive and not cutting the tunnel (at least with the 68+ cars).

Just wondering mine is a 67 Dart and if there are any Trans Tunnel Modifications required to make this happen?? I'm not worried too much about the trans cross member cause building one of them would be easy enough.

Mad DArt ,

As of now there isn't or at least I can't find anyone who has done it.. My one and only concern is if can hold up to power levels in excess of 700+ hp?

Mad DArt ,

As of now there isn't or at least I can't find anyone who has done it.. My one and only concern is if can hold up to power levels in excess of 700+ hp?

I hear you on that. Like to find someone who has taken it that far. Mine should easily do 800+hp and 800+ Tq to the tires. I wonder if there is even a converter available for this kind of power that would live?

I bet there is someone on yellowbullet.com that has put this trans to the test at higher HP/TQ levels.

I hear you on that. Like to find someone who has taken it that far. Mine should easily do 800+hp and 800+ Tq to the tires. I wonder if there is even a converter available for this kind of power that would live?

I bet there is someone on yellowbullet.com that has put this trans to the test at higher HP/TQ levels.

I have researched over there as well.. I even went as far as calling CK and Jakes performance and asking their opinions on this same question. They said people are more than willing to build one for you and "say" that it will hold up but I'd be on borrowed time, if you no what I mean. Both of them suggested the 4l80 which requires a ton of cutting but would hold up with no issues.

Mad DArt ,

I have found a few people online who have done it. I just checked BBD, but that wasn't the place apparently. I would suggest calling Art Carr and ask for testimonials. I'm sure he has a lot. You keep bringing up the hp concern. It's not a concern. He builds them to all levels. Check his website if you want, or you can call and speak to him directly, which is better. The man knows his stuff. http://www.cpttransmission.com/

I have found a few people online who have done it. I just checked BBD, but that wasn't the place apparently. I would suggest calling Art Carr and ask for testimonials. I'm sure he has a lot. You keep bringing up the hp concern. It's not a concern. He builds them to all levels. Check his website if you want, or you can call and speak to him directly, which is better. The man knows his stuff. http://www.cpttransmission.com/

Ok 1st I want to start of by saying that I don't know anything about transmission and am only going by what I read and what others tell me. When I called CK and Jakes to inquire about the 200R4 which they both sell they both told me not to bother with it and do the 4l80 which was about the same price. Again I'm not sure why they would try and push me toward the 4l80 over the 200R4? I would rather run the 200 simply b/c of the size comparison between the two.

Ok 1st I want to start of by saying that I don't know anything about transmission and am only going by what I read and what others tell me. When I called CK and Jakes to inquire about the 200R4 which they both sell they both told me not to bother with it and do the 4l80 which was about the same price. Again I'm not sure why they would try and push me toward the 4l80 over the 200R4? I would rather run the 200 simply b/c of the size comparison between the two.

The 4L80E is definitely a stronger tranny, that ended up taking the place of many GM trannys. It is larger and I am sure there will be cutting and fitment problems. The whole point of this exercise is to get a strong transmission with overdrive as close to bolt in as possible. Are there stronger transmissions? Yes. Are there better transmissions? I am sure. But for my wants and needs, and many others who don't want tunnel cutting and crossmember changes, this is an excellent transmission - strong, overdrive and bolt in. Hard to go wrong with that. And it can be built to withstand massive hp. If you want testimonials, I will have one for you in about a month. I expect no problems.

I am sure this trans will work out just fine for you MTY..... I am anxious for you to see this installed and tearing up the streets! Now we will know first hand how the install goes. Thanks for sharing all your information!

I'm dying to see how this goes. I have been putting off a new transmission install because I'd really like to get an OD without cutting up the floor. If this works out OK then Mr. Carr might have another customer.

Just wondering mine is a 67 Dart and if there are any Trans Tunnel Modifications required to make this happen?? I'm not worried too much about the trans cross member cause building one of them would be easy enough.

Sorry Mad Dart, 67+ A-bodies is what I meant (I had a brain fart think the body style changed in 68).

-
Back