The decision is made

-
Just talked to Art Carr.. I'm a believer to say the least.

Actually talking to the man the company is named for is amazing enough. He knows his stuff and tells it like it is, and knows the answer to every question.
i really feel I made the right choice.

I talked today to my crew chief buddy who is going to help me with all this, and I got the okay to use another buddy's shop nights and weekends. The motor and tranny should take less than a day. I have to cut a hole for the floor shifter, figure out the fuel lines and linkages and get the line locks installed. Plus the MSD 6 ignition to figure out. If all goes well, it will be ready before the snow melts! I am really freakin' excited about this.

Actually talking to the man the company is named for is amazing enough. He knows his stuff and tells it like it is, and knows the answer to every question.
i really feel I made the right choice.

I talked today to my crew chief buddy who is going to help me with all this, and I got the okay to use another buddy's shop nights and weekends. The motor and tranny should take less than a day. I have to cut a hole for the floor shifter, figure out the fuel lines and linkages and get the line locks installed. Plus the MSD 6 ignition to figure out. If all goes well, it will be ready before the snow melts! I am really freakin' excited about this.

I'm excited for you my friend.. Please please please, take a ton of pics when installing the 200.

That would do it. Lol.

He just gave me some many examples of cars that have been running his 200R4 for yrs and yrs that are deep in the 9's and they drive them on the street too.. then he explained his convertors that he custom makes for these 200's.. it's a non lock up 9" with @$@!#$!&^%#&# lol..

He just gave me some many examples of cars that have been running his 200R4 for yrs and yrs that are deep in the 9's and they drive them on the street too.. then he explained his convertors that he custom makes for these 200's.. it's a non lock up 9" with @$@!#$!&^%#&# lol..

So did he recommend the 1000HP build of this trans or the same one Mopar to Ya ordered up? Did you talk about a Manual Valve Body & the cost for it? Transbrake?? I also wonder about the 9" Converter with No lock up. What about when you are in High Gear and Step on it at 80 MPH, do you think it will blow thru the converter and slip without the lock up?

I guess I should make a call to him tomorrow.

So did he recommend the 1000HP build of this trans or the same one Mopar to Ya ordered up? Did you talk about a Manual Valve Body & the cost for it? Transbrake?? I also wonder about the 9" Converter with No lock up. What about when you are in High Gear and Step on it at 80 MPH, do you think it will blow thru the converter and slip without the lock up?

I guess I should make a call to him tomorrow.

I asked all those questions and he had an answer for all of them.. call him he will answer them better than I can.. he was giving me all kinds of info..lol

I asked all those questions and he had an answer for all of them.. call him he will answer them better than I can.. he was giving me all kinds of info..lol

Yeah I think a call is in order. I need to make my mind up like you cause I was just about to shell out some serious dough getting a 727 dunn up.

I know what his answer to the high gear hammering at 80 mph, Well of course its gunna do a wheelie!! haaaa

No updates yet. I have not received the transmission yet. I called Art Carr yesterday and he says it is planned to be shipped the coming Monday or Tuesday. Well over two weeks after I ordered and my check card was charged. Apparently he had to order the bell housing adapter and it just came in. I would have thought a call to let me know would have been nice. I did spend $3200. The install is tentatively planned to start next weekend. If that doesn't work, it will be two weeks after that. Since I am still battling TTi to get them to ship me headers, it will probably be later than sooner.

It should ship out Tuesday because Monday is a fed holiday. Also, did the adaptor come from wilcap?

I think it did. He told me he didn't have the adapter in stock when I ordered it, but he also said he would get it and the whole order would ship out shortly after the first of the year.

Yeah I gotta wait till I get my taxes back before I order my adaptor but I'm still watching this.

-
Back