The end is near...

-
Who said it was outdated technology. I’m just messing around with you. I could care less about any of this I was just bored. I do like your build though. But it’s not something I personally like. They closed down most of the tracks within 5 hours of me so it would be better off in a museum if I had something that bad ***.
Understood and thanks

I meant the obstacles that pop up when putting a driveline platform into a car that it was never intended for.

No argument that I have introduce complexity into the build by doing so. Absolutely agree.

Wish I could believe you actually mean that. But I don't.
I mean it but believe what you want......trust me the things you and Blu say to me basically roll off my shoulders because I just don't value what you say very much and i'm not trying to be mean when I say that i'm just being honest.

I mean it but believe what you want......trust me the things you and Blu say to me basically roll off my shoulders because I just don't value what you say very much and i'm not trying to be mean when I say that i'm just being honest.

Isn't it sad that I feel the same way about you. I've even seen a comment that you are a really nice guy in person, isn't it sad how a keyboard removes the filters.

I would have loved to wish you the best of luck on getting your Golden Calf to launch and watch you succeed in enjoying your car your way. But since the feeling can't be returned, all I can say is that I hope your piece of humble pie doesn't come at too high of a price.

14 pages in and just a thought, but maybe there should be narcissist screening at the door to this place.. :poke:

Last edited:
Alan Prusiensky still does. Is he competitive? No, but he makes it into the program from time to time.

Check again. A times, very limited times he has used the Hemi. Most of the time he is using a DRCE based engine.

He‘s nutty as a jar of goobers if he thinks he can do what the Johnson’s couldn’t.

It’s near impossible to compete with a rule book.

Check again. A times, very limited times he has used the Hemi. Most of the time he is using a DRCE based engine.

He‘s nutty as a jar of goobers if he thinks he can do what the Johnson’s couldn’t.

It’s near impossible to compete with a rule book.
That's sad, an Oldsmobile based engine. He did have the Hemi in vegas.

That's sad, an Oldsmobile based engine. He did have the Hemi in vegas.

Yeah, I knew he was using it a bit. I have a ton of respect for the guy because he doesn’t quit and he’s not stupid or he wouldn’t even qualify.

But it’s near impossible to run competitively against a rule book. Between the Sunoco fuel (most people forgot that rule change that dicked the Dodge), the impossible EFI manifold constraints and the RPM limit I’m not sure how he can get the Hemi to burn enough fuel to run what it does. It’s impressive but IMO futile.

I started typing a response but.. not even worth it. I'll continue playing with small blocks, big blocks, G3 Hemis and whatever else I please whether it's a Honda K-series or Jaguar V-12.

As long as you stick that Jaguar v-12 into an MG Midget!

They switched from VP to Sunoco by NHRA mandate (there is a cheating incident in Seattle…I forget the year that forced PS to a spec fuel and that in itself is a crock of ****) and the burn rate was different enough that it affected all of the engines but the Dodge was the most sensitive to it. And I can’t remember I there was an issue with getting that fuel vaporized enough with the short hemi intake runners. That was a fairly long time ago when that happened but I’m pretty sure thats what I was told.

I don't honestly know as I don't have interest in the modern HEMI but what does a conventional non power adder Challenger or Charger run in the 1/4 compared to lets say a 71 Duster 340 4 speed ? I mean do they really blow the old platform away? Hmmmmm I may need to investigate that
A 2000's Chrysler 300 Hemi I drove for work once was posted as running 12.9 from the factory. IIRC, pre smog 340 Dusters were tested at 13.8.

A 2000's Chrysler 300 Hemi I drove for work once was posted as running 12.9 from the factory. IIRC, pre smog 340 Dusters were tested at 13.8.

Sounds like times for a 300 SRT8. Is that what they gave you to drive?

Chrysler 300 0-60 Times - Updated 2022 - 0-60 Specs

The SRT8 with the 6.1 looked to run 13.2-13.4 @ 104-109 depending on who was testing it. The 6.4 version ran a 12.9 in the above lists, though, at 110+ mph.

For comparison sake, the 6.1 and 6.4 really should be the level compared to the 340. The 5.7 is a truck motor, and even makes less hp in the cars than in the trucks after ‘08. The 340 was a performance motor from the start and should be compared to a performance motor like the 6.1 and 6.4, not to a pedestrian version like the 5.7.

Funny thing is, the pedestrian pre-Eagle 5.7 still runs with a stock 340 despite the weight advantage a 340 Duster would have. And the ‘09+ 5.7 is like 5 tenth quicker than the early 5.7.

Sounds like times for a 300 SRT8. Is that what they gave you to drive?

Chrysler 300 0-60 Times - Updated 2022 - 0-60 Specs

The SRT8 with the 6.1 looked to run 13.2-13.4 @ 104-109 depending on who was testing it. The 6.4 version ran a 12.9 in the above lists, though, at 110+ mph.

For comparison sake, the 6.1 and 6.4 really should be the level compared to the 340. The 5.7 is a truck motor, and even makes less hp in the cars than in the trucks after ‘08. The 340 was a performance motor from the start and should be compared to a performance motor like the 6.1 and 6.4, not to a pedestrian version like the 5.7.

Funny thing is, the pedestrian pre-Eagle 5.7 still runs with a stock 340 despite the weight advantage a 340 Duster would have. And the ‘09+ 5.7 is like 5 tenth quicker than the early 5.7.
You know what's funniest? ZERO takers on my race offer that has 2 not 1 different configurations......LOL......know why? THEY AREN'T FAST :rofl:

You know what's funniest? ZERO takers on my race offer that has 2 not 1 different configurations......LOL......know why? THEY AREN'T FAST :rofl:
That, and logistics. If I had a car that would be competitive, it would cost quite a bit getting down to you, making it a losing proposition before I even left the house. It would still be fun though.

-
Back