The end is near...

-
Long live the Hemi. The greatest power plant ever devised by mortal man.

Didn't even have the attention span to read to the end where I said I didn't think the G3 was for everyone.

You on the other hand can't seem to come across as anything but "G3 for nobody".

Have to admit, your "goodbye" earlier had me hoping you put me on ignore. Little disappointed. Guess I will have to go remove the "like" I gave your post.

Your rules, not mine.

You probably could, but so far the best 1/4" mile time I've see posted was a 10.46 or something. As someone else said on here, go do it.

Tripped over those yesterday. Wasn't even looking.

Funny thing is, those are on Moparts. I've kind of walked away from there due to some drama I heard about and I liked it here more anyway. Starting to think they might be more open minded that here. They were able to discuss it like adults, even Rat Bastid/YR/MadScientist was able to make his point without acting like he is god.
Well when your right your right and as Kid Rock says and even made a song about it it's not Cocky if you back it up.

I look at things a little different I guess. If I’m going to brag things up and challenge someone it’s going to be with something I built with my own hands, not my own money. To each their own but that’s how I am and think. There’s always someone faster out there with more money, better equipment, race at faster tracks, etc, etc. fun is fun but some of these posts go past fun in written words that can easily be taken differently. We now have two posts basically tied together so then things really get confusing. I’ve raced big and small block Mopars and love them both. If I was younger I would have a few Gen ‘s in my arsenal for again budget builds but seeing how fast I could go on that budget. So carry on, go vote, and have fun.

I look at things a little different I guess. If I’m going to brag things up and challenge someone it’s going to be with something I built with my own hands, not my own money. To each their own but that’s how I am and think. There’s always someone faster out there with more money, better equipment, race at faster tracks, etc, etc. fun is fun but some of these posts go past fun in written words that can easily be taken differently. We now have two posts basically tied together so then things really get confusing. I’ve raced big and small block Mopars and love them both. If I was younger I would have a few Gen ‘s in my arsenal for again budget builds but seeing how fast I could go on that budget. So carry on, go vote, and have fun.
That is a horrible argument and can so easily be dissected it's not even funny.......even you John only build part of your car and buy the rest.....you don't design all the parts on your car you buy pre made and designed parts. You are faulting me for making wise and intelligent decisions and as such have a very capable car for what it is and yet you can take 10 other guys and give them similar budgets and you would end up with 10 vastly different performing cars.......it's all relative and obviously I spent money but I also spent it with some of the best guys and best companies that have proven to know what they are doing. I will gladly hold onto the fact that what I bought I used my intelligence to spend my money with the best or close to the best people out there and as such the results speak for themselves.....stupid money doesn't get great results all on it's own and yet you will receive ton's of likes and agree's because to be honest it's because those guys don't know their head from their *** and with the same money would more than likely build a much lesser car as proven by their misguided comments.....they just don't know what they know and what they don't know they definitely don't know who to ask.

Want another great example? We have had a few different guys on here who wanted to and still probably think they can break the mold....but they wanted to build big power using a stock block platform.....it is that type of dumbass thinking ids why my money goes farther and provides much better long term results.....money doesn't grace stupidity with wins or great results.

You also didn't exactly reinvent the wheel here with your car John....you have modest power in a very light car......not a bad way to go I will obviously admit but some on here don't understand what you did and think your the next coming.......

That is a horrible argument and can so easily be dissected it's not even funny.......even you John only build part of your car and buy the rest.....you don't design all the parts on your car you buy pre made and designed parts. You are faulting me for making wise and intelligent decisions and as such have a very capable car for what it is and yet you can take 10 other guys and give them similar budgets and you would end up with 10 vastly different performing cars.......it's all relative and obviously I spent money but I also spent it with some of the best guys and best companies that have proven to know what they are doing. I will gladly hold onto the fact that what I bought I used my intelligence to spend my money with the best or close to the best people out there and as such the results speak for themselves.....stupid money doesn't get great results all on it's own and yet you will receive ton's of likes and agree's because to be honest it's because those guys don't know their head from their *** and with the same money would more than likely build a much lesser car as proven by their misguided comments.....they just don't know what they know and what they don't know they definitely don't know who to ask.

I understand this but how far does a person go with bragging rights if he had zero hand in building said power. Some guys choose to live in a shack but spend every cent they have buying speed parts. So in the end it comes down to how much do you want to spend. I would rather spend as little as possible and have as much fun as possible.

I understand this but how far does a person go with bragging rights if he had zero hand in building said power. Some guys choose to live in a shack but spend every cent they have buying speed parts. So in the end it comes down to how much do you want to spend. I would rather spend as little as possible and have as much fun as possible.

LOL.....so again anyone that spends more than you or does less work on their engine than you is bad.....OK THANKS I UNDERSTAND NOW.

LOL.....so again anyone that spends more than you or does less work on their engine than you is bad.....OK THANKS I UNDERSTAND NOW.

I honestly don’t care how much you spend but the bragging gets OLD. Brett built one hell of an engine. Great job Brett.

Just so i'm clear here, lol, you have fun with your car but I don't, and you could build a mid 900 hp W9 all by yourself meaning you will do all the port work on the heads, intake and anything else it needs? I am not going to buy your most likely answer of I can't afford it because how many other cars do you have sitting around your place and how much engines and engine related parts could you sell off? Your happy in your circle which is cool but don't for one second think that I am not and another thing since you have never been to my shop you have ZERO idea of what work I do on my own car and I can assure you this that it is more than 95% of the guys on here and that also includes doing my own tuning and carb work. Again i'm sure it won't resonate and the haters will love your post and go see I told him so but in the end the G3 is a pile and nobody has a car that can run with a badass built with money and my hands W9 platform and I will shine that crown against all the modern marvel junk till the day I die.

I honestly don’t care how much you spend but the bragging gets OLD. Brett built one hell of an engine. Great job Brett.
Name 1 racer that is at the top that builds 100% his own engine and does all the R&D on it and all the porting ? Yeah NOBODY!!!!!! I love bragging and the best part is when you actually can.....LOL

I also include Brett's name in every post I make about how well the car performs and on every single YouTube video I make.....so what's your point?

Here is some more common sense for you and the rest of the water walkers......you want to know why he hasn't taken his car out in years? Because he is developing head ports and intakes and building engines.....you wanna know why racers can race every weekend? THEY AREN'T DEVELOPING HEAD PORTS AND INTAKES AND BUILDING ENGINES!!!!!!!!

Remember the days when you used to disagree with almost everything Brett said? I do and so does he......

Brett does what he does well and is surrounded by some good people. His welder is almost unbelievable in what he can do. Brett is a test n tuner and I’m a racer. A bracket racer at heart (and wallet). And I’m ok with that. Maybe someday we will see what I can do if I ever get my other car out. I quit at 420cfm on my B1 heads and my only regret is that I built it as a nitrous build. But once again it’s primarily a budget build

the most fun for the least would be using a 350 or 400 shot of spray no?

But you got a deal on it, right? What would it cost for someone to replicate your motor?

Asking for a friend. Honestly asking, not poking at you.
That's impossible to answer since half the engine you can't just open up a catalog anymore and order what you need.....you have to find the parts that someone is willing to sell so you never know what that will be and then take into account that ALL parts especially race parts have increased 25-50% or more from a couple years ago and some even aren't even available at this moment.

Your rules, not mine.

You probably could, but so far the best 1/4" mile time I've see posted was a 10.46 or something. As someone else said on here, go do it.

Tripped over those yesterday. Wasn't even looking.

Funny thing is, those are on Moparts. I've kind of walked away from there due to some drama I heard about and I liked it here more anyway. Starting to think they might be more open minded than here. They were able to discuss it like adults, even Rat Bastid/YR/MadScientist was able to make his point without acting like he is god.

Never said I was god, not do I think I’m god. What I do know and what I do think is that I’ve been at this a looooooooong time. I’m betting I’ve seen, done and broken **** you can’t imagine. That’s one of the few benefits of getting old.

This industry will eat you up. It’s worse now than it’s ever been, and that’s largely due to the internet. It used to be we only had to deal with magazine nonsense. That has expanded to anyone with a computer.

One of the most eye opening, shocking events in my career was when I bought my flow bench. It took just a few weeks of testing anything I could find that proved 98.5% of what’s been published on flow benches, flow bench testing and what makes horsepower is 100% BULLshit. There is no way to say it other than that.

To this very day, this very minute you’ll find people who live and die by flow numbers. I can tell you that is low, in fact very low on what makes horsepower. And yet it never dies. I’ve almost given up trying to educate people on proper testing and what matters. Too many are brainwashed and they won’t listen. The broad way is far easier and they are happy there.

We are in the year 2023 (real racers and engine builders know exactly what I mean) and it is STILL in vogue to say “we don‘t race dyno’s” and “no two dyno’s read the same”. That same thing is said about flow bench’s too. Both are horseshit. But the anti-dyno crowd will never retreat.

It doesn’t matter what they don’t learn by not testing. It doesn’t matter to them that they have no idea what they really make for power and what RPM they make it at.

They rather rely on times slips. Of course that is fraught with error. Most guys don’t have a clue what their **** weighs. I can walk up to a car at the track and spend 5 minutes looking over the chassis and I can tell you if the chassis is correct or not. Most aren’t. That’s not bragging. That is decades of doing this **** at the track.

I could go on but thats enough. I don’t think I’m better than anyone else. I’m a realist. I know what I know. And I try to pay that forward because I’ve had the best mentors a guy can ask for. But it largely falls on deaf ears because the message isn’t sugar sweet.

I don’t have time to play with people who are so soft that I have to talk to them like they are 5 years old.

Didn't even have the attention span to read to the end where I said I didn't think the G3 was for everyone.

You on the other hand can't seem to come across as anything but "G3 for nobody".

Have to admit, your "goodbye" earlier had me hoping you put me on ignore. Little disappointed. Guess I will have to go remove the "like" I gave your post.

Actually I gave you what you want. I mean, you’re hear leg humping the Hemi with all your might. I have laid out in some detail the issues with NA Hemi stuff. And yet you STILL want to argue the point.

For the record, some of the best minds in the business will tell you exactly what I’ve said about NA hemi issues. I doubt you would say to them what you say to me here (at least I would hope you would show them more respect than that, respect BTW they have EARNED) with the vigor you use.

I‘m not saying anything other “well seasoned” engine builders say about the NA hemi. You just don’t like facts.

I can’t say it any nicer than that.

That's impossible to answer since half the engine you can't just open up a catalog anymore and order what you need.....you have to find the parts that someone is willing to sell so you never know what that will be and then take into account that ALL parts especially race parts have increased 25-50% or more from a couple years ago and some even aren't even available at this moment.
i saw you quote 30k for something if thats now not going back to read it
700 hp na yup great not for 30k not even 25k
all these comments hemi sck na not you but rat clearly knows his sht as do many others saying a 68 hemi dart isnt iconic is foolish
they held the super stock record for yrs low 8s 160 plus bbc is better 54 yrs still kicking *** woulda coulda shoulda smh
skill is taken a pos and blowing a high dollar car away that rights a check
Never said I was god, not do I think I’m god. What I do know and what I do think is that I’ve been at this a looooooooong time. I’m betting I’ve seen, done and broken **** you can’t imagine. That’s one of the few benefits of getting old.

This industry will eat you up. It’s worse now than it’s ever been, and that’s largely due to the internet. It used to be we only had to deal with magazine nonsense. That has expanded to anyone with a computer.

One of the most eye opening, shocking events in my career was when I bought my flow bench. It took just a few weeks of testing anything I could find that proved 98.5% of what’s been published on flow benches, flow bench testing and what makes horsepower is 100% BULLshit. There is no way to say it other than that.

To this very day, this very minute you’ll find people who live and die by flow numbers. I can tell you that is low, in fact very low on what makes horsepower. And yet it never dies. I’ve almost given up trying to educate people on proper testing and what matters. Too many are brainwashed and they won’t listen. The broad way is far easier and they are happy there.

We are in the year 2023 (real racers and engine builders know exactly what I mean) and it is STILL in vogue to say “we don‘t race dyno’s” and “no two dyno’s read the same”. That same thing is said about flow bench’s too. Both are horseshit. But the anti-dyno crowd will never retreat.

It doesn’t matter what they don’t learn by not testing. It doesn’t matter to them that they have no idea what they really make for power and what RPM they make it at.

They rather rely on times slips. Of course that is fraught with error. Most guys don’t have a clue what their **** weighs. I can walk up to a car at the track and spend 5 minutes looking over the chassis and I can tell you if the chassis is correct or not. Most aren’t. That’s not bragging. That is decades of doing this **** at the track.

I could go on but thats enough. I don’t think I’m better than anyone else. I’m a realist. I know what I know. And I try to pay that forward because I’ve had the best mentors a guy can ask for. But it largely falls on deaf ears because the message isn’t sugar sweet.
the hemi dart is an icon to say anything otherwise is foolish
doesnt matter if you built this or that
that being said clearly you have done much or more then much
trap speed and weight always tells the story
remind me what don garlits and many others ran for a motor braking record after record HEMI
i know it wasnt a stock block yada yada
hemi dart coolest car ever built
super stock springs slicks tune pinion snubber 10 flat 130 11.20s@122 as delivered so simple yet smoked everything 8s@160 now 54 yrs later
all due respect mr rat

when you have to say i dont think iam god but
always somebody smarter better faster
just the way it is

i saw you quote 30k for something if thats now not going back to read it
700 hp na yup great not for 30k not even 25k
all these comments hemi sck na not you but rat clearly knows his sht as do many others saying a 68 hemi dart isnt iconic is foolish
they held the super stock record for yrs low 8s 160 plus bbc is better 54 yrs still kicking *** woulda coulda shoulda smh
skill is taken a pos and blowing a high dollar car away that rights a check

the hemi dart is an icon to say anything otherwise is foolish
doesnt matter if you built this or that
that being said clearly you have done much or more then much
trap speed and weight always tells the story
remind me what don garlits and many others ran for a motor braking record after record HEMI
i know it wasnt a stock block yada yada
hemi dart coolest car ever built
super stock springs slicks tune pinion snubber 10 flat 130 11.20s@122 as delivered so simple yet smoked everything 8s@160 now 54 yrs later
all due respect mr rat

when you have to say i dont think iam god but
always somebody smarter better faster
just the way it is
I have 30k or more in it now with upgrades and refreshens twice along with truck freight across the country twice and I specifically stated it had at least 700hp as I didn't feel the need to disclose what it had.

-
Back