Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
Lots of progress , keep it up
Good to know about 3rd gear being the weak link at 600 hp/TQ

Shortblock just about done. Misplaced my crank key. Will get one tomorrow.

Attachments

• engine assy 001.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,224
  • engine assy 002.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,226
Almost there!!!!
Two more welds on the hotside and they will go to the blasters and then I will apply the coating.
My engine stand is about to colapse!!LOL!!

A few more pics,

Attachments

• turbo progress 004.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 1,176
  • turbo progress 003.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,171
  • turbo progress 002.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,191
  • turbo progress 001.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,182
So when are you installing the real engine and firing it up?

I got the wrong intake valley pan gasket. Waiting on the Felpro 1214 then I am dropping it on a friends break-in stand. I want to seat the rings before the turbo is installed.

Seen a Clean red 66 Muttstang Saturday at the 1/8th mile track with a PT85 on a Blow-thru 410" SB bustin 6.80's smokin the drag radials at launch and around 400' out. He said he was at ten pounds. Wow I was impressed! Gives me HIGH hopes for my combo!! Real nice guy to talk with. Said he was a member on TTF. This was his first few passes with this car. Lottsa bugs to work out.

Coated, wrap goes on this weekend.

Attachments

• DSCN1618.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,100
  • DSCN1619.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,100
  • DSCN1620.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,085
  • DSCN1621.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,091
Hey CUUDAK
Where have you been I want to see the end result of all your hard work.
I have been following your build for quite a wile. Your Cuda is going to bad ***.
Ridge

Hey CUUDAK
Where have you been I want to see the end result of all your hard work.
I have been following your build for quite a wile. Your Cuda is going to bad ***.
Ridge

Sweating the small stuff!
Its been horribly Hot here and now the 90% humidity has set in. Its so hot the deer feeders are looking like popcorn poppers!:toothy3: I am aquiring alot of the little things. The 20ft roll of silicone 3.5mm hose is on its way for all my boost lines, it too is blue. Picked up the NGK B7S plugs yesterday and a new throw-out bearing. Got my universal plug wires and when I opened them they were frickn Purple! I ordered Blue and when I tried to return them every package was purple. Guess they put the wrong part number on the box. Soooo I am stuck with Purple. Just need to get off the pot and get something done! The wife is trying to get that fire lit again!:laughing: She wants me to get her Muttstang going so she can get to the track.

Sorry to keep you folks hangn'!

No biggie you were moving so fast and then nothing.
Lack of motivation seems o be going around

Now you said Deer feeder you really have my attention I am a hunter I just got back from a three week trip break and train with my hound dogs we hunt Bear Lion coon.
My dogs are all tuned up now they treed twelve Bears and it was hot and dry. I will start bow hunting soon for his years Deer.

Lack of motivation seems o be going around.

Please keep us posted on your build. Don't forget the pictures.

Keep up the good work 18 psi should get that 800hp your shooting for ill cross my fingers :)

Trying, its soooo damn hot here. Their talking 104* Monday with 90% humidity! My metal shop is a Hot Box!

Trying, its soooo damn hot here. Their talking 104* Monday with 90% humidity! My metal shop is a Hot Box!

Uuuugggh... I don't think I will ever complain about the heat here ever again. On the up side with 90% humidity you might not need water injection ;)

Nice build, I really like that down pipe! Great idea:)

I wish I didn't have to cut so much but it is under the stock hood. Tight fit inside the frame rails. Now I gotta get the inner fender sewn back up so it can look somewhat stock:?....

Lot more work to be done:sad7:....

I herd it has been over 100 for three weeks or so in Texas ....
I thought we had it bad in Cal

I herd it has been over 100 for three weeks or so in Texas ....
I thought we had it bad in Cal

It just sprinkled for a minute so ambient temp dropped a bit but humidity is aweful now! Here is the next few days here,

Attachments

• hot.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 866
The humidity is what kills me man im sorry. Forgive me if I missed it but what did you coat your hotside with?

I used vht on my bug and it lasted awhile but it went from flat black to light grey to a brownish color. I have read that it works alot better when wrapped, up to 2000 degrees with 0r 1200 without but I dont know if they mean under the wrap or paint it on the wrap I have painted my wrap with it and that does work pretty well, Just gets kinda krusty.

-
Back