What would you build if limited to 372ci - with boost as an option

-
Oh, and Kiwi Sid gave me a nick name while out at WOS, and it carried on to all he introduced me to. And Marie has a name for the car.

Interesting. We can talk more about this. The only reason for this thread was to get that same engine under 372ci to lower the record from 246 to 224.
a 383 with one plug wire off is 335. Just saying. So you could theoretically build a 425 and go for both records. (425 with a wire pulled is 371.8). So you could stroke the 383 (easier to get parts) and get there another way.

3.75 crank and a stock bore is 425cu in

Edited to add;
That actually puts you over the 372 limit. It’s 372.391. But hopefully triggers thoughts on different ways to get there.

3.75 crank and a stock bore is 425cu in

Edited to add;
That actually puts you over the 372 limit. It’s 372.391. But hopefully triggers thoughts on different ways to get there.
Well, the limit is 372.99 so technically it would work but barely

Please tell me about the class and what is the current record?
Well the class is B/CGALT = b engine size (373-439.99)/ classic gas altered. This is for rookie and shakedown runs. Then add boost.

B/CGALT - 254.100 mph

Add boost

B/CBGALT - 243.015mph

C/CBGALT - 224.331mph this is the smaller engine displacement (306-372.99) and the reason for this discussion.

Kinda my thoughts. The big block has more head bolts for more boost, or how big of a deal is that honestly. I wouldn't think more than 18psi or so. This would be 5 miles of trying to get up to speed. Sustained high speed, high boost, high rpm for the measured mile from 4-5. Would be ideal. Honestly @TT5.9mag latest build would be perfect for power and displacement.

Remember,,,the old Hemi’s only had 10 head bolts too .
And they ran very well and carried a lot of boost every pass .

Tommy

-
Back