Who wants a mopar turbo kit?!?!

-
Not much progress this summer, as I've spent more time tuning/working on my current setup to enjoy racing with my dad... but still planning to get back at it this fall.

First kit is very close to start testing.

Subscribed to this thread. Super interested in a kit as my car is still in the building stages and there's usually tons of magnum trucks at about 4 local junk yards..

dizuster,

If I may impose ....your choice of C.A.C. & mounting location ???

--- or is the kit low boost, < 6 psi which 'hypothetically' would not
need charge air cooling.---

Thx!
mech1

dizuster,

Thx!
mech1

Pretty sure he uses e85. e85 has way more cooling effect then pump premium and other fuels.

Pretty sure he uses e85. e85 has way more cooling effect then pump premium and other fuels.

With respects Sir,
I will wait for the builder/fabricator to answer .

mech1nxh said:
dizuster,

Thx!
mech1

Found this thread by Google search looking for information on a SB Mopar twin turbo kit for my 426 SB Challenger. I was looking to make 1000+hp with twin setup. However, this thread has gotten the best of my curiosity. Subscribed. Thanks

Subscribed. I hope this comes to fruition, I've always wanted to turbocharge my duster! Don't give up!

I'll be watching how this turns out for sure

Just wanted to post a quick note... first prototype kit is about done and will be going in my buddies demon this spring for testing on a Junk Yard 5.2L magnum... I'll keep you guys posted!

Just to clear up the question... my car is non-intercooled on E85. With the E85 you can run quite a bit of boost/timing/power. My car at 3740lbs went 9.63@139+ on street tires at the end of this year on 18psi of boost. Incredible stuff!

Suscribed. Interested in a simple intercooled single turbo setup, at a lower horsepower setup.

What is your realistic time line with releasing a kit? Were waiting. If possible could you PM me a rough idea of where these kits are going to be priced.

Are you going to address or recommdations on:
Head gaskets at different power levels
Head bolts vs studs
Fuel line size
electric vs manual fuel pump

Heres a nice clean engine bay to put one in...

this is the turbo setup on my personal car... The kits will be slightly different then this (less complicated). Cast crank, stock 360 block, 230@.050" cam, on 15~16psi has been 9.80's at 3740lbs. These turbo's are the real deal...

14864414236_ed8d3962d2_z.jpg
[/url]img_20140723_183648_773 by [/img]

&#128077;&#128077;&#128077;

First prototype is just about ready for final weld. Will be going on a junk yard 5.2L magnum motor with small cam (224@.050 .500" lift) and a m1 intake. Will be going in a demon this spring for testing... stay tuned!

Kit will get final tested for fitting soon, but is intended to fit A/B/E bodies, should fit the trucks. Factory radiator, shroud, fan, battery location, etc... uses the stock alternator (no wiring required), and requires NO inner fender cutting.... And just to confuse people... it DOES fit power steering... ;o)

(will not work with AC or F/M/J bodies... )

Suscribed. Interested in a simple intercooled single turbo setup, at a lower horsepower setup.

What is your realistic time line with releasing a kit? Were waiting. If possible could you PM me a rough idea of where these kits are going to be priced.

Are you going to address or recommdations on:
Head gaskets at different power levels
Head bolts vs studs
Fuel line size
electric vs manual fuel pump

Heres a nice clean engine bay to put one in...

I'm not ready to release any pricing on this stuff yet... still need to get the final design to the mandrel bender. But I assure you if it won't beat the available procharger/vortech/Paxton kit prices by a fair amount, I wouldn't be pursuing this. Testing will be done this summer, so the goal would be to start production in the fall/winter of next year.

Just trying to make sure everything fits well, and is RIGHT before rushing forward with anything.

I can definitely help point people in the right direction. Part of the reason for doing this sacrificial 5.2L magnum is to push the limits to help answer some of the questions.

Hope you do this for more than one reason, but biggest one is to finally offer something for the guys who have had their hopes up and the second would be you dominating the possible market until another steps up to compete with a better design and or pricing.

No kiddin. This has been "just about ready" for six frikkin months. God forbid anybody really had their money ready.

I'd rather wait for a completely reliable product,than complain and annoy the man. I want one myself, for once,being patient...

-
Back