Who wants a mopar turbo kit?!?!

-
I always was told that carbs work on negative pressure and whats the get past info for a positively charged carb since the motor is fed by turbo. just wondering thanks

It’s not that carbs work on negative pressure, it’s that they work on pressure differential.

The atmospheric pressure around us is right around 14.7psi (depending on the weather). When the piston moves down on the intake stroke, it’s the pressure above the carb PUSHING the air in to fill the cylinder.

A lot of people visualize it as the piston is sucking the air in, but in reality it’s the positive pressure from the atmosphere pushing the air in.

There is a lower pressure in the intake plenum compared to above the carb. This pressure differential causes air to move through the carb. As the air moves through the carb, a venturi effect pulls fuel into the airstream.

With a turbo it’s no different, you just have added pressure in the carb hat above the regular atmospheric pressure that usually moves the air through the carb. The higher pressure still pushes air through the carb, still pulls fuel into the air stream, it just does it at a different airspeed then usual.

This airspeed difference (or more aptly put air mass difference) makes the air fuel curve/tuneup of a regular carb different then a blow through carb. That is the primary difference of why a regular carb doesn’t work well on a turbo motor as you turn the boost up further and further.

Make sense?

Im thinking that will fit nicely into my TBI ramcharger .... PM me some priceing info when it all up and running

I think I am going to chop that J bar out and just weld in differently, I want the kit, the next issue is if a 88mm will fit in that spot

picgifs-miscellaneous-6011003_1.gif
"]
picgifs-miscellaneous-6011003_1.gif
[/URL]

I always was told that carbs work on negative pressure and whats the get past info for a positively charged carb since the motor is fed by turbo. just wondering thanks

some of the paxton style add ons put the carb inside a box and pressured the whole carb. mr norm did some i think

The problem with my current setup pictured above is that it requires the radiator to move. Notice it's on the front side of the core support. That isn't possible on all body styles.

Did not even notice that lolz what about twins and mad darts setup

Attachments

• image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 669
The problem with my current setup pictured above is that it requires the radiator to move. Notice it's on the front side of the core support. That isn't possible on all body styles.

But a bodies yes?

There are lots of reasons not to copy my current stuff. Radiator move, requires hood latch relocation, no room for an intercooler, mounting required unique pulley spacers, unique (thin body ford) alternator solution, etc...

New kits will address all of those (and many other pitfalls)

No twins... I can give you a single turbo that can easily use up the exhaust manifold limits of 900-1000hp. No reason to drive cost into the kits with two turbo's, two wastegate, two downpipes, etc...

Twins could make more power if you want more then that, but you'll need a custom set of headers.

Not to mention 900-1000hp is REALLY pushing a stock block.

Damn, that was a lot of work... Still got the scars!

I think now that I have done the fab work on one of these, I could do 1 in a week after ordering all the parts. All the bugs I already worked out on the Fab side and the blue print is in my head! That one there is Twin Turbo, Twin Water to Air Intercoolers. Heat Exchanger and Pump to move the water & Meth/Water Injection. The hood latch was not modified or moved. All fits under a flat hood with no scoop.

This kind of project is not for the weak hearted. There is a lot that goes into it.....
Blood, sweat and tears!

My kit won't make 1000hp+. It's geared towards the 400~700hp crowd, and can be pushed to 800~900hp with turbo upgrades. At some point the manifolds, hot side size, etc become airflow limitations to make insane power. Sizing all of that stuff large for the rare 1000hp+ customer would hurt the rest of the lower powered guys from a cost, packaging, and spoolup standpoint.

My kit won't make the SDCE power, but it will be THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars less. Just a different targeted market that's all...

I'm still eagerly watching this thread.. My younger brother just finished turboing his 2332 Vw bug (he spent a ton of money having someone fabricate everything) and I would love to show him what's up with a good basic setup on a pretty much stock 318. I would also like to get rid of my cheap low-hanging headers, this a great solution for that! :sign3:

I'm still eagerly watching this thread.. My younger brother just finished turboing his 2332 Vw bug (he spent a ton of money having someone fabricate everything) and I would love to show him what's up with a good basic setup on a pretty much stock 318. I would also like to get rid of my cheap low-hanging headers, this a great solution for that! :sign3:

I am phone anxiously waiting for these kits too!!! I already have some manifolds on there way. I have been waiting to turbo my Duster since I read though MadDarts thread.

One question: did you (dizuster) have to go to a plastic fuel tank to run E85, or is the stock one ok?

damn that is sweet Louis your name should be called Mad Fabricator .
i will take one of these kits also when you get it worked out great job.

i got my manifolds .... and the oils pluming .... all i need is your kit .... i think it will do great on a TBI ramcharger

-
Back