• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters
-
I could get you low 12's with a head and cam swap and a little gear. High 11's with a custom vert. lol
Very possible. But the heads and cam that would be used would need a converter and gears at the same time. Then yes

What does not change is the math. It works, even for a 9 second car. So, a car that goes 112 mph in the 1/4 can run 11.78 if it's efficient. What makes this hard is when you have street suspension and street tires. Extremely hard!
Math lol....
One day if it ever comes and you're making serious horsepower and all of a sudden your car is a half-second off and you think you blow a cylinder or something you come back home and do the air density calculator for your day and track and find out you were supposed to be going a half second slower. There's so much more to it than your math calculator...

Math lol....
One day if it ever comes and you're making serious horsepower and all of a sudden your car is a half-second off and you think you blow a cylinder or something you come back home and do the air density calculator for your day and track and find out you were supposed to be going a half second slower. There's so much more to it than your math calculator...
you are wrong. Ok, I used my car's math. Now my friend Dave's Duster runs 114 mph. It will go 11.5's. Divide 1320 by 114 mph = 11.5's. It works. That is why I said you have your 11 second car now, with no changes. It's a compliment to your car, please take it as one.

Jpar has a detuned version of his old combo capable of mid 11's. I still believe his old combo could have reached the 10's.

And I'm pretty positive it's not operator error or anything like that. Out of the hundreds of Time Slips that I have I would have accidentally let the clutch off correctly if I wasn't doing it correctly already...

But again it's not as simple as people (who haven't done it..)want to make it out to be...
Or I would have already done it...

But again it's not as simple as people (who haven't done it..)want to make it out to be...
Or I would have already done it...
Simple? Of course not! Achievable? You betcha! Anyone can put a 360 in a Duster. Anyone can buy a stroker kit. Not everyone can make it work as it should. It's time, it's trial, it's not accepting "this is as good as it gets".

There's trailer Cars that are totally set for the track and could be driven on the street. People with unlimited budgets who can test and tune and try anything they want day in and day out... There's people with money for unlimited Dino Time and stuff like that for optimize Tunes..
There's so many different factors it's not even funny.
Again I have a friend who does this and who does that is just a sack of crap in the wind as far as I'm concerned. I want to hear what somebody did with their own two hands.... And words from the horse's mouth of the person who built it and drives it... And what it took to get there...

In all reality I'm rooting for ya and hope you can get your ET's back in a car package that you can drive street or track and enjoy.

you are wrong. Ok, I used my car's math. Now my friend Dave's Duster runs 114 mph. It will go 11.5's. Divide 1320 by 114 mph = 11.5's. It works. That is why I said you have your 11 second car now, with no changes. It's a compliment to your car, please take it as one.
How much does this dust your weigh....

It was just to prove your comparison was Apples to gopher teeth...
You are eccentric. LOL. Colorado high?? LOL.. His car, your car, my car, their car.... didn't matter. It was how the math works, but not as direct science, but as rule of gaging the car.

There's trailer Cars that are totally set for the track and could be driven on the street. People with unlimited budgets who can test and tune and try anything they want day in and day out... There's people with money for unlimited Dino Time and stuff like that for optimize Tunes..
There's so many different factors it's not even funny.
Again I have a friend who does this and who does that is just a sack of crap in the wind as far as I'm concerned. I want to hear what somebody did with their own two hands.... And words from the horse's mouth of the person who built it and drives it... And what it took to get there...
:popcorn:

snow on the Duster; snow blower out, MT's are off..... Blizzard hitting tonight :(

DSCN2639.JPG

-
Back