• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters
-
Remember to add the price of those$699 heads that are on the Shelf because you like to add them to the sm's price of my car as well....

Never built a headliner for a duster from scratch but did that stop me? Never built the Dana from scratch but did tdeckstop me? Never rebuilt a904 transmission ever rebuild a 350 turbo transmission never rebuilt an a 833 transmission never put dual quads on a car ever rebuild a Mopar front suspension never took heads off and on never put cams in and out...

Yeah, I get it. For me the mechanical things are easy, but sheet metal is another matter.
I built the house we live in starting with the grade work and finishing with the roof. Did everything myself except the carpet and paint. There are some things my heavy handedness is not suited for.

Yeah, I get it. For me the mechanical things are easy, but sheet metal is another matter.
I built the house we live in starting with the grade work and finishing with the roof. Did everything myself except the carpet and paint. There are some things my heavy handedness is not suited for.
Years ago I bought a $200 flatbed trailer off of Craigslist and built a food cart from the ground up. Sinks, water tanks, water heaters electrical flooring Roofing framing all Health inspected with employees up and running at a food pod area.... I'm sure I posted the pictures of all the new flooring I just put in after of course painting the ceilings the walls and taking off all the wood trim around all the windows doors and flooring and sanding it four times and lacquering it twice...
I think it will be one heck of a lot of fun hanging sheet metal I'm not GTO. What a great learning experience and again getting paid to do it...

Remember to add the price of those$699 heads that are on the Shelf because you like to add them to the sm's price of my car as well....
Well, I have parts all over... LOL, why not add them all to the cost. I don't think I'll count the mag heads in the cost till they are in the plan to go on the engine... LOL. I don't count the cost of your cast heads and aluminum heads :rolleyes:

Well, I have parts all over... LOL, why not add them all to the cost. I don't think I'll count the mag heads in the cost till they are in the plan to go on the engine... LOL. I don't count the cost of your cast heads and aluminum heads :rolleyes:
The cast heads came with the car...

what happened? I thought you were going to kick back and let someone else take over?... Yet another internet fake news...

I've been meaning to give you a call it's been too long since we bullshitted on the phone..

The cast heads came with the car...
ok. most cars I buy come with cast heads ??? LOL. Right now, as your motor sits, the cast heads value would be what you put in them (valves, guides, porting, springs, etc).

what happened? I thought you were going to kick back and let someone else take over?... Yet another internet fake news...
THis is a problem. All he does today is give you "likes" and apologizes. He didn't pass 1st grade... LOL :D

I'm just checking the phone as I pass by at work. Had help till Tuesday. CudaChick got my oil pans in yesterday and my paint sample should have arrived today so..... need one of the oil pans to set the 360 mag. in the car while I'm home one evening.

Found a pair of bb spool mounts with the cross bolts in them. First one a little tap and the bolt is out. The second one I tap and the bolt sticks. I tap a little more the bolt sticks tight. I tap it back in all the way. Someone had used a torch on it and cut a1/4 of the way threw it and slagged it up.
So I have one of the bolts I need at least.

The search continues.

And the snow stopped for now.

Found a pair of bb spool mounts with the cross bolts in them. First one a little tap and the bolt is out. The second one I tap and the bolt sticks. I tap a little more the bolt sticks tight. I tap it back in all the way. Someone had used a torch on it and cut a1/4 of the way threw it and slagged it up.
So I have one of the bolts I need at least.

The search continues.

And the snow stopped for now.
Throw in the towel! The fat lady has sung! It's over! There's no time left?
Look outside man it's a blizzard there's no drag racing going to happen.
And why did you disagree with my post? Do you know of any numbers matching blah blah blah Duster that's worth a numbers-matching 65 GTO? ...

A numbers matching 65 GTO is worth more than any abody made... Fact...

I drove a 65 GTO with 3 duces and a 4 speed back in the 70s. To me they are only worth what somebody would pay me for it, so I could buy me an original 340 Duster or an original 68 Hemi Road Runner.

Throw in the towel! The fat lady has sung! It's over! There's no time left?
Look outside man it's a blizzard there's no drag racing going to happen.
And why did you disagree with my post? Do you know of any numbers matching blah blah blah Duster that's worth a numbers-matching 65 GTO? ...

Hey I have not conceded the race. So therefore It's Not Over.

As for a 65 GTO being worth so much not in my book. You might find some GM lover that'll pay an unrealistic amount for it but the car is not actually worth those prices. It was not the first muscle car. We all know the max wedge cars were.

J bar you have bitten off a great big chunk when you cut into that car. I wish you the best of luck with it and I hope you have a good outcome.

As for a 65 GTO being worth so much not in my book. You might find some GM lover that'll pay an unrealistic amount for it but the car is not actually worth those prices. It was not the first muscle car. We all know the max wedge cars were.

J bar you have bitten off a great big chunk when you cut into that car. I wish you the best of luck with it and I hope you have a good outcome.

You disagree with bitting off a big chunk?
Or that I hope you have a good outcome?

J bar you have bit turn off a great big chunk when you cut into that car. I wish you the best of luck with it and I hope you have a good outcome.
The race is over the snow has fallen...
Even though you and ME do not agree with current market value of cars it is what it is...

This Coronet build is a throw together effort at the moment. Intake is from my Swinger project, carb I got from RRR as my spare had a bad bowl and I didnt want to go buy a pressure regulator and return line setup to run my eddy. Need to check the fitment of the motor to check the stock magnum exhaust manifolds fitment (B not A body) mufflers are off a totaled 93 mustang. Radiator is a universal aluminum of my 68 Formal roof Fairlane. Got 2 electric fuel pumps 1 for primary 1 for spare. Battery ftom the swinger. $10.00 junkyard mini starter. The 360 is a $100.00 find with burned piston, was still running. Spare piston and new rings, drill the heads for the 340 cast iron intake and a dizzy from Hoppy with a hei module. Couldnt locate a used oil pan near me so it is new. Should be fun.

Two cars same condition Originals One is your 65 GTO the other is a 68 Hemi Roadrunner.
Do you really think that GTO is worth more than that 68 Roadrunner to me?

-
Back