74 power wagon dream truck...

-
I'll pump the brakes on the driveline first thing in the morning...
Tomorrow I'll push forward to running the new break lines.. I barrowed my friends high end break flaring kit and bought a couple rolls of copper nickel line..
Onwards...

Totally baffled here... I'm nervous about having them whack an inch off that rear drive line... The rear shackles are swung forward a couple inches it seems like because the truck is completely unloaded.... But when it's unloaded it shouldn't be banging and you'd think the more it was loaded it's going to get even shorter... Baffled just don't know what's going on here...

Whack off? Bangin? What are we talkin about here?

I used a 2 in 2 out with a crossover muffler from Magnaflow. Sounds great.

F365541A-BD3B-412C-A35B-1A64FDA569B8.jpeg

I bought a kit with 25 ft. of 3/16 copper/nickel break line and fittings and 1/4 the same... Turns out the whole truck is 3/16... Had to order another roll..
I did have the foresight to grab a disc brake proportion valve when I was visiting my parts guy. Got the bracket as well. I dug that out today cleaned it all up and painted it... I had to use the fitting that goes in the back of the proportioning valve for the back brakes out of my old proportioning valve as there was no fitting that size in the kit...
I still need to do the small line on the driver side front which they're actually is a new line there but it's just not my new line! LOL... Besides that it's black and doesn't match the rest of the copper that I put down.. plus I need to make the two lines that go up to the master cylinder which I got one of those today....
IMG_20210514_145934.jpg
IMG_20210514_145953.jpg
IMG_20210514_164552.jpg

Well I got home from work today and can't leave well enough alone. I never verified the oil in the differentials. They were supposedly freshly rebuilt and every indication showed that. But I never pulled the plug on either one of them to see if they were full of oil or what the deal is..
I pulled the rear plug and oil came out and looked perfect like brand new honey... it's tilted up a little bit now with the lift kit so I expected if there was it would come out a little...
The front seems tilted down just a tick and when I pulled the plug it was right up to the threads...
IMG_20210515_145943.jpg
IMG_20210515_150353.jpg

Where’d you get those from (brand)?
Actually that's the third time I bought them. I bought them I can't remember off the internet for my son's truck and they were about $50 a piece with like $75 shipping. It was like $179 or something to the door. The time before last when I bought them for a flip truck that I did I paid $79 for both of them sent to the door on Black Friday from CNC current to classic. I got these at full price at $35 each with about $25 shipping from CNC current to classic I think they're out of Michigan... All three times same exact and fit well..

I was looking at the beginning of the thread and was taking note of the mirror placement on your doors.

I was driving my truck yesterday and the passenger side mirror is completely worthless. It’s too low and can’t see out of it how you’re supposed to. I need it to sit about 6” higher. So I need a raised arm if they make them.

39B5A719-D2C2-4829-A2E4-D468D8356E07.jpeg
C187F595-9A0E-4625-93A2-6EE356AF76A8.jpeg

I was looking at the beginning of the thread and was taking note of the mirror placement on your doors.

I was driving my truck yesterday and the passenger side mirror is completely worthless. It’s too low and can’t see out of it how you’re supposed to. I need it to sit about 6” higher. So I need a raised arm if they make them.

View attachment 1715738836 View attachment 1715738837
It looks almost upside down? As if you're just to spin the mirror itself 180°?...
And the truck looks really good!..

It looks almost upside down? As if you're just to spin the mirror itself 180°?...
And the truck looks really good!..
Thank you!
Dude, that might just be it! I think it is in fact upside down on that side. I’ll adjust and report back.

Thank you!
Dude, that might just be it! I think it is in fact upside down on that side. I’ll adjust and report back.
Honestly it looks that way on both sides but you may not notice it on your side cuz you're so close to it. And looking down on it... There should be some small writing in the chrome... I know the Ford ones will actually say Ford on them...

Honestly it looks that way on both sides but you may not notice it on your side cuz you're so close to it. And looking down on it... There should be some small writing in the chrome... I know the Ford ones will actually say Ford on them...
Dang! You’re right! I’m working in the yard and building a fence today, the truck is at my pops house in the next town over, so I’ll get to it tomorrow.

Dang! You’re right! I’m working in the yard and building a fence today, the truck is at my pops house in the next town over, so I’ll get to it tomorrow.
Well I was wrong once but I was wrong... LOL...
Anyways worst case scenario you just need that longer elbow that comes off the bracket and to the mirror...

JPar & Mopardude I think the mirrors are on the wrong sides. If you switch them around you will be able to rotate them and get the proper height. The mirror pivot should be below the centerline of the mirror.

I have not seen the mirror mounts with two bolt supports on the top. Mine look like this.

268F6E1D-F538-40DA-9F59-77D108767FB1.jpeg

This is a slow process...
I'm just glad I'm not under the truck trying to pump this in...
IMG_20210517_134043.jpg

-
Back