74 power wagon dream truck...

-
Out with the new...
IMG_20210517_151449.jpg

In with the old...
IMG_20210517_155418.jpg

I ended up going ahead and getting new front brake calipers and painting them. I got new brake shoes as well even though the ones that were with the actuals were new. They were sitting around for quite some time. The calipers looked okay and I was going to paint them but the new ones give me a warm fuzzy feeling...
IMG_20210517_141920.jpg

The good part is there Chevy parts nice and cheap...

So with standing giving the fuel tank a good scrubbing and strapping it on along with a new fuel line stage 1 is complete...
Right now financially I have to work the rest of the month out to get the engine block back from the machine shop. Then at the beginning of the month I've got to save for some personal stuff for my wife and I and the small vacation. So it will probably be more of taking July and August and working together a budget again to start gathering things for the cab. I can do some small work on the cab in the meantime..
I can finish picking the cab apart consisting of taking the four seat belts out maybe six I'm not sure. the six lights and whatever antenna thing is on the roof and a couple other small things. I can get the floorboards cut out. And I want to build a jig for the cab...
Also I may if I have room put the transmission on my workbench and start rebuilding that as that's only $200.. I think it's 115 for the rebuild kit and like 85 or so for the trans go to shift kit...
I unbolted the spiraled lines I made for the master cylinder as it sticks up off the frame and I've kind of tarped the frame off and didn't want that damaged. I thought it was a bit of work of art LOL..
I did buy a new master cylinder for front disc brakes the other day and just kind of painted that today and putting that on ice as well till the time is right...
IMG_20210517_095735.jpg

I was looking at the beginning of the thread and was taking note of the mirror placement on your doors.

I was driving my truck yesterday and the passenger side mirror is completely worthless. It’s too low and can’t see out of it how you’re supposed to. I need it to sit about 6” higher. So I need a raised arm if they make them.

View attachment 1715738836 View attachment 1715738837

Did you ever get this junk runnin right?

So with standing giving the fuel tank a good scrubbing and strapping it on along with a new fuel line stage 1 is complete...
Right now financially I have to work the rest of the month out to get the engine block back from the machine shop. Then at the beginning of the month I've got to save for some personal stuff for my wife and I and the small vacation. So it will probably be more of taking July and August and working together a budget again to start gathering things for the cab. I can do some small work on the cab in the meantime..
I can finish picking the cab apart consisting of taking the four seat belts out maybe six I'm not sure. the six lights and whatever antenna thing is on the roof and a couple other small things. I can get the floorboards cut out. And I want to build a jig for the cab...
Also I may if I have room put the transmission on my workbench and start rebuilding that as that's only $200.. I think it's 115 for the rebuild kit and like 85 or so for the trans go to shift kit...
I unbolted the spiraled lines I made for the master cylinder as it sticks up off the frame and I've kind of tarped the frame off and didn't want that damaged. I thought it was a bit of work of art LOL..
I did buy a new master cylinder for front disc brakes the other day and just kind of painted that today and putting that on ice as well till the time is right...
View attachment 1715739164

Is the frame painted or powder coated? Looks good.

Did you ever get this junk runnin right?
Yes I got it runnin ...Okay. I pulled the manifold and re-did it. No more leaks up top. Just have to do the rear main seal.

there is a slight hesitation/stumble off idle that I have to work out. Also happens when I’m driving and I want to punch it, there’s a stumble, I have to ease into it.

it’s still open header, I’m sure it’s having a lean condition because of that, when I get exhaust made and installed do you think that might clear it up?

I played around with a bigger pump shot, then moving the lever to the other hole for less, not much change. I tuned to the most vacuum, that helped some. I gotta get that stumble worked out.

Yes I got it runnin ...Okay. I pulled the manifold and re-did it. No more leaks up top. Just have to do the rear main seal.

there is a slight hesitation/stumble off idle that I have to work out. Also happens when I’m driving and I want to punch it, there’s a stumble, I have to ease into it.

it’s still open header, I’m sure it’s having a lean condition because of that, when I get exhaust made and installed do you think that might clear it up?

I played around with a bigger pump shot, then moving the lever to the other hole for less, not much change. I tuned to the most vacuum, that helped some. I gotta get that stumble worked out.

Maybe. I wouldn't try to tune on it till then though.

I warned of this...
I'm done..
I appreciate the few great people that frequent this forum...
But can't get past the vast majority of dirt bags...
J par OUT...

I like the cab cart. Where'd you come up with that?

I really wish I had another resto in me!

My 74 PW W100 deserves it! More power to you!

-
Back