Ebay GT45 + 5.9 Magnum + E85 blow thru

-
It's been a struggle to tune, especially with E85. Not much documentation. I would go Megasquirt or some other MPI if money weren't an issue.
I have a friend that is a FuelTech dealer. I may save up some cash and go that route.

PTC 9.5"
A few folks have asked which converter I have and I never knew the part #. These are the numbers I found.
IMG_20190228_103719981_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190228_103759880.jpg
IMG_20190228_103754179.jpg

I pulled out #3. I'm impressed with the durability of these factory hypers. I thought they all "shattered" in a thousand pieces under detonation. This ones' career is definitely over, but it limped off the field under its' own power. Lol. Crank looks fine on that throw. Rod bearings don't look too bad.
IMG_20190228_104425482.jpg

So if you had to do it all over, and wanted this to live "Forever" where would you have set the boost, and timing?
hindsight :p

So if you had to do it all over, and wanted this to live "Forever" where would you have set the boost, and timing?
hindsight :p
I think it would have kept living had that distributor you sold me hadn't shaken loose and advanced the timing too far! LOL

I think it would have kept living had that distributor you sold me hadn't shaken loose and advanced the timing too far! LOL
LOL...was it MY distributor, or YOUR bolt?lol

Those bearings don't look good. It looks like the ring butted the ends together. The ring land is broken not melted. Melted would be detonation/ lean AF. When they pop the ring land off like that its because the ring stopped in the cylinder.

I scored a new set of dishes forged pistons for $50. Not sure what what brand. I haven’t picked them up yet.

Those bearings don't look good. It looks like the ring butted the ends together. The ring land is broken not melted. Melted would be detonation/ lean AF. When they pop the ring land off like that its because the ring stopped in the cylinder.

Not necessarily true. I’ve seen when the ring butts it rips the top off the piston. Detonation usually breaks the ringlands.

Subcom, you may want to inspect all the pistons if you plan on reusing them. When I popped mine, 4 pistons had cracks around the wrist pin. My bearings looked the same as yours. Lots of load on the crank from the extra atmosphere.

Got a "new" 5.9 JY guinea pig. This is a 94 model with unknown miles. Crusty on the outside but I already pulled a head and looks clean on the inside. Still see the crosshatching on the bores. I might just throw my cam and top end on this one, clean it up a bit and let it eat PSI while I build a forged shortblock out of my other one.
IMG_20190305_143420850.jpg

-
Back