Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Well done! And using the rail is not cheating. We call it moving into a position of tactical advantage. Tack driver right there!

My eye doctor has been closely watching cataracts in my eyes and said sooner or later I’m going to have to get them addressed. but other than bifocals that I have everywhere I’m still lucky not to need glasses.

Well some dirt bag dropped a litter of German Shepard pups today on the door of the rescue mission by my Dads house. I drive into town and spend day with my Dad and figure I would just kind of stroll thru the rescue. Nobody ever leaves GSDs. Pups are literally still wet from being deloused after being discarded. They are a bit small, malnourished and wormy, but fundamentally ok. Now I just have to explain to Jodi how I went to lunch with my Dad and came home with a hound. I have already been peed on and man o man have I forgotten just how sharp puppy teeth are. She dropped down between my hip and the console and was asleep before we hit the pavement. No sleep for me tonight I bet.

View attachment 1716284267

View attachment 1716284268

View attachment 1716284269

View attachment 1716284270

Beautiful baby.

My favorite pastime is walking old logging roads and popping ground squirrels with a 45. They are tough, a 22 just wounds them. lol

My favorite pastime is walking old logging roads and popping ground squirrels with a 45. They are tough, a 22 just wounds them. lol

I gave up hunting years ago but back when I was shooting my Mark II Rugar 22 often with my exwife and kids if I would have been allowed to hunt squirrels with that gun I would have started hunting again. Pa doesn’t or didn’t allow semi’s to hunt with. A buddy won the one that looks like a Lugar in a gun drawling and I bought it for 125.00. My family loved shooting so much I bought the Bull barrel for me and 12 magazines and six thumb savers. Man we used to shoot a lot. And now those guns sit since I bought that new Taurus

Mark II Rugar 22
I use to hunt them with a Browning Buckmark 22, but unless I got a head shot the damn things would scurry off and die in the brush, 45 makes quick work no matter where you hit them.
Years ago we used 50 cal for long range elk hunting, shoot clear across the canyon. They banned the use of 50 cal so now I use .338-378 mag Weatherby. .308 or 7mag on deer

Last edited:
I need one of these.

1722614354353.png

My eye doctor has been closely watching cataracts in my eyes and said sooner or later I’m going to have to get them addressed. but other than bifocals that I have everywhere I’m still lucky not to need glasses.
They typically will not do both at same time, they do one then wait till it is completely healed then do the other. It is pretty darn painless and the success ratio is way higher than letting the trans brake loose to soon!

I use to hunt them with a Browning Buckmark 22, but unless I got a head shot the damn things would scurry off and die in the brush, 45 makes quick work no matter where you hit them.
Years ago we used 50 cal for long range elk hunting, shoot clear across the canyon. They banned the use of 50 cal so now I use .338-378 mag Weatherby. .308 or 7mag on deer
We rock 300 win mags or 338 win mag for Elk as well. Wife prefers 7mag. My wife will lay in the dirt for days for a chance to harvest an elk. She is crazy about Elk hunting. When we married that was her only request for a honeymoon! My kind a farm girl right there!

Wish I could get my elbow into my hip like that in offhand. Something seems to be in the way.:(

I think he actually said he wanted his dog back when interviewed after the award! If story is true and who knows. His x wife took his dog.

The Facebook crew is having a blast with this. Some are saying he’s so cool he’s probably a “hit man”. Lol

Well my little rescue Shepard turned a corner last night. She might actually live. I am very pleased. I reckon they call em rescue for a reason. I am going to start trying to get some weight on her now. At shy of seven pounds at 8-9 weeks she is waaaaay behind the growth curve. She was in such bad shape I want to go back to the rescue joint and get her litter mates. Sometimes I actually have to use my brain and not my heart. I think 8 Shepard’s might be a bit extreme! Hah! My Mal pup took her out into the woods yesterday and then left her. Jealous wench. A six pound fur all is not exactly at the top of the food chain on this mountain. Between the bobcats and raptors and owls she is in peril everyday she is so small.

IMG_1965.jpeg

Army Sergeant... You should show a video clip of that to students that show up looking like Robocop
Once upon a time I was invited to attend a private pistol class being hosted by a Famous Olympic Shooter. Day one was instruction and technique, day two you had to apply it. It was invitation only and I was just floored I was even in the room. My only goal was not to embarrass myself, the students were a who’s who of Bullseye shooters, I was literally the only Defensive shooter in the mix. Those memories all came flooding back watching the Turkish Sgt compete. When he got to full extension he stayed there a long time. No way on planet earth I could hang that long. Each block of Countries teach their own specific techniques inside a basic form. And they are methodical machines on when to break the shot. You can use a stop watch to verify. Me being the geek I am I did exactly that! And it was amazing, the com block countries broke the shot in X the US in Y China in Z. The consistency is amazing. The hours of practice is off the charts. And as an aside for those of you wondering how I did on day two, I just barely beat the last shooter for a solid second to last! In my defense I was using a 45 and they were using super comp lite loads in 38 super. It was an amazing two days! I had no idea shooting could be so complicated!

Once upon a time I was invited to attend a private pistol class being hosted by a Famous Olympic Shooter. Day one was instruction and technique, day two you had to apply it. It was invitation only and I was just floored I was even in the room. My only goal was not to embarrass myself, the students were a who’s who of Bullseye shooters, I was literally the only Defensive shooter in the mix. Those memories all came flooding back watching the Turkish Sgt compete. When he got to full extension he stayed there a long time. No way on planet earth I could hang that long. Each block of Countries teach their own specific techniques inside a basic form. And they are methodical machines on when to break the shot. You can use a stop watch to verify. Me being the geek I am I did exactly that! And it was amazing, the com block countries broke the shot in X the US in Y China in Z. The consistency is amazing. The hours of practice is off the charts. And as an aside for those of you wondering how I did on day two, I just barely beat the last shooter for a solid second to last! In my defense I was using a 45 and they were using super comp lite loads in 38 super. It was an amazing two days! I had no idea shooting could be so complicated!
Proper training and Repetition builds consistency. I figure any weapon I touch is more accurate before I put my hands on it :p. I try to minimize the damage

Proper training and Repetition builds consistency. I figure any weapon I touch is more accurate before I put my hands on it :p. I try to minimize the damage

I hear yaa. My cousin was a mechanic and would get these small plastic bottles with washer fluid in them. We would line them up and shoot the screw on caps off. I love shooting open site but I have bought 2-3 scopes for my pistols. I’m now satisfied with hitting center meat on the same size target at the same distance so maybe one of these days I’ll take those scopes out of the boxes and mount them up. Lol

I hear yaa. My cousin was a mechanic and would get these small plastic bottles with washer fluid in them. We would line them up and shoot the screw on caps off. I love shooting open site but I have bought 2-3 scopes for my pistols. I’m now satisfied with hitting center meat on the same size target at the same distance so maybe one of these days I’ll take those scopes out of the boxes and mount them up. Lol
Go red dot on your pistols!

So here is a picture from that Olympic class. It was very cool. There was a hatch on the wall you would open. You placed your pistol on a little shelf right under hatch. Once commands were given you shot thru the hatch at the small targets down range. Notice they put me down on the end by myself because I was shooting a 45 with full house loads. Unbeknownst to me a total and complete foo pa in their circle! Hah! But what a great two days of learning. The other picture is me trying to apply what I learned in a practice session, notice hanging four targets at once. Ever efficient! Hah!

IMG_7448.jpeg

IMG_5985.jpeg

So here is a picture from that Olympic class. It was very cool. There was a hatch on the wall you would open. You placed your pistol on a little shelf right under hatch. Once commands were given you shot thru the hatch at the small targets down range. Notice they put me down on the end by myself because I was shooting a 45 with full house loads. Unbeknownst to me a total and complete foo pa in their circle! Hah! But what a great two days of learning. The other picture is me trying to apply what I learned in a practice session, notice hanging four targets at once. Ever efficient! Hah!

View attachment 1716284923

View attachment 1716284924
There's always that ONE guy

Pop ... Pop ... Pop .. KABOOM
:lol:

-
Back