Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Yup but a little too short. 72” wheel base, gets a little hairy when you get her wound up on a gravel road. Bounces the wheels on the power shift to 2nd. If your going to be doing any hot rodding at all mount engine and transaxle solid or you will be replacing the transaxle nose cone where shift rod goes in. The wife and I have made many miles in it.
We used the solid motor mount, the one with the 1" x 1/8" strap round the bell housing and middle of the transmission and stuck with the rubber mount at the front shifter cone on the race Baja Bugs.

We used the solid motor mount, the one with the 1" x 1/8" strap round the bell housing and middle of the transmission and stuck with the rubber mount at the front shifter cone on the race Baja Bugs.
What ever works, I just know that if that problem is not addressed you will be fixing it. Other than that very few problems with the Vdub. Have driven it hard, abused it. It’s a good piece of equipment and lots of fun.

Good morning boys. Was invited to a small-town carnival with the old truck and the gal that called me ask if I would bring a thong butt so she could get a picture of her husband sitting on it. Sure I can..

IMG_20240717_203048645_HDR.jpg

What ever works, I just know that if that problem is not addressed you will be fixing it. Other than that very few problems with the Vdub. Have driven it hard, abused it. It’s a good piece of equipment and lots of fun.
Broke the transaxle on my Carmen Gia. I think it was from grabbing the parking brake and sliding sideways on a gravel road.

we used to do that on the way to high school with three people in the car! thanks for bringing back the fun memories!!!
We have an interesting road we used to visit during our lunch hour. I think it was only half of an hour. Anyway, it has some pretty aggressive hills in succession and we would hit them fast enough to scare the crap out of ya but I don't think anybody got airborne.
Tavern road is its name.

We have an interesting road we used to visit during our lunch hour. I think it was only half of an hour. Anyway, it has some pretty aggressive hills in succession and we would hit them fast enough to scare the crap out of ya but I don't think anybody got airborne.
Tavern road is its name.
I'm surprised any of us is still alive.

one road had two "S"es and the last one was uphill. one ride going uphill, Ed decided 1st gear would be best. spun the old snow tire and halfway up, it popped.
another morning, Mike had four of us in his Galaxie fastback. slid on frost/ice, lost it and backed the car up perfectly between two poles.
unfortunately, others were not so lucky. test drive with a passenger, lost control, hit the curb, launched the car into a telephone pole. cut the pole in half, "V"ed the car and the car impaled itself...right thru the passenger seat and passenger.

Hi guys.
Been cool all day but sunny and windy.
Out at 7am with the Cuda to get the oil changed and of course all the windows were down so a bit cool but nice after the days we've had lately.
Sure is nice to have all the windows in the house open though.
Tomorrow I head into Toronto on the dreaded 401 (Toronto Parking Lot) in the morning for a 10 am appointment.
Have to change the waterpump on the Cuda on Saturday.
Have a great evening

Hi guys.
Been cool all day but sunny and windy.
Out at 7am with the Cuda to get the oil changed and of course all the windows were down so a bit cool but nice after the days we've had lately.
Sure is nice to have all the windows in the house open though.
Tomorrow I head into Toronto on the dreaded 401 (Toronto Parking Lot) in the morning for a 10 am appointment.
Have to change the waterpump on the Cuda on Saturday.
Have a great evening
Going to put the AC pump on for the .005 hp it gives you

Actually been a bit of a reprieve from the heat today. Had some thunderstorms overnight, I don't mind them but two of my dogs were not happy about the noise so neither my wife nor I got much sleep last night. Only got to about 81* today, last several days were well into the 90s, and we're expecting to hit 100* next week. At least I have next week off so I can stay inside with the a/c running. Got some friends coming for a visit so we'll see what sort of trouble we can get into.

one road had two "S"es and the last one was uphill. one ride going uphill, Ed decided 1st gear would be best. spun the old snow tire and halfway up, it popped.
another morning, Mike had four of us in his Galaxie fastback. slid on frost/ice, lost it and backed the car up perfectly between two poles.
unfortunately, others were not so lucky. test drive with a passenger, lost control, hit the curb, launched the car into a telephone pole. cut the pole in half, "V"ed the car and the car impaled itself...right thru the passenger seat and passenger.
Hope no one got hurt over that ordeal.

Morning guys. Another cool one this morning but that's fine.
Got the Toronto Indy on this weekend so the roads will be crazy I'm sure going into the city.
We only have to go to the outskirts this morning but there's already several accidents heading in.
Have a great day.

Morning guys. Another cool one this morning but that's fine.
Got the Toronto Indy on this weekend so the roads will be crazy I'm sure going into the city.
We only have to go to the outskirts this morning but there's already several accidents heading in.
Have a great day.
Stay safe, take care

Hi guys.
That run into Toronto this morning was amazing I can honestly say. Only down to 29km at one point but for maybe 3 minutes.
Coming out was amazing as well. Just one slow down due to volume.
Been a lovely day and heading to the car show tonight at the funeral home. They have a BBQ there so will grab supper there.
Picked up the water pump and will replace it tomorrow hopefully.
Have a great start to the weekend but play safe

Hi guys.
That run into Toronto this morning was amazing I can honestly say. Only down to 29km at one point but for maybe 3 minutes.
Coming out was amazing as well. Just one slow down due to volume.
Been a lovely day and heading to the car show tonight at the funeral home. They have a BBQ there so will grab supper there.
Picked up the water pump and will replace it tomorrow hopefully.
Have a great start to the weekend but play safe
Glad you had a good day Mark, enjoy the car show.

-
Back