Status
Not open for further replies.

OwdKasd

Reaction score
DSC00025.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00029.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

thats what paypal buyer protection is for. File your complaint. Most companies want to make it right with you. There are a few who just dont care. I love Ebay and for the most part its pretty fair. Take photos of the parts as they arrived clearly showing used parts.

Why not, might as well you did a good job here!!! Did you contact the seller?? If you did and didn't get a satisfactory resolution slam the hell out of him.

Moe

then test it
if it works keep it
if it is defective file a complaint and get your money back
this is really a no brainer

or just file a complaint that the item was sold as new and in reality it was used and defective, pay pal will refund your money when the item is returned to the seller and you can go buy a new one elsewhere

Actually Paypal and Ebay both have the option "Item not as described" if it stated NEW in the ad ITS PAYPAL that refunds. Ebay owns Paypal.

Actually Paypal and Ebay both have the option "Item not as described" if it stated NEW in the ad ITS PAYPAL that refunds. Ebay owns Paypal.

I use to buy Lionel trains on ebag.
More than once the item was not as described.
Ebay and/or PayPal wont issue a refund.
PayPal has helped me only if I didnt receive the item.

Well I myself sold a set of carbs awhile back. Mentioned that in the ad parts were missing. Buyer gets carbs files a complaint because its missing a pump arm. Long story short. I had to refund the buyer because I didnt specifically mention the parts missing. Paypal refunded him and put my paypal account on hold till i refunded.

Since the issue is "not as described", if you do nothing, then your also somewhat accountable for the sale, even though you are the buyer. People in sales that are somewhat shady with their sales pitch count on people not complaining, or worse yet, complaining and not finishing it off.
Leave no stone unturned or test it, if it works, put your tail between your legs and do nothing, install it.
I would advise Autometer at the least. It's there rep. at stake here at the end of the day. You might even get a honest answer.

good luck, good hunting!
:happy1:

I think the seller should have given me a refund first with no questions asked because I already gave them money in good faith. Now I have to send it back and wait for a refund to be able to have the $$ toward a replacement. OR...
The seller could have hand picked me a perfect new one and sent it to me at which time I would return the defective one.
I'm just disappointed that I have to wait and go through a hassle just to put a nice Meter in My Dart.[/QUOTE]

couldn't agree with you more.
but I still wish people would stand up on deals if your not getting what your paying for.

Unfortunately that's the way it is on this Internet buying. This year I had to return parts,not what I ordered ,I trusted them with my money, but they didn't trust me with thier parts. Their mistake but I waited . Can't play looky,touchy,feely on the internet.Good luck and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Moe

Demand that the seller refunds you everything you paid for.
Shipping, and full purchase price.
Do not back down.

I use to buy Lionel trains on ebag.
More than once the item was not as described.
Ebay and/or PayPal wont issue a refund.
PayPal has helped me only if I didnt receive the item.

I bought a set of 5 Ralley wheels from a seller in Texas and they were rusty, 2 had lug nut holes pulled and the trim rings were too wide and wouldn't even snap on the wheels. There was no packing in the boxes and 2 trim rings were seriously damaged. The seller refused to do anything so I filed a Not As Described with PayPal. PayPal said send them back, they locked his account so he couldn't accept or send money out of his PayPal account. I explained how much it was going to cost me $90.00 to ship the 5 wheels back and PayPal sent UPS codes via email so I could print prepaid labels to ship them back. They removed the money from his account as within 48 hours of the time the UPS website showed they were delivered. I have had to get PayPal assistance on two transactions and they were great both times. On the wheels I lost nothing and on a camera I was out the return shipping so I have no complaints.

Good morning, I am the seller.

This ebay member sent me a message right out of the gate demanding money back before he ever returned the damaged product, something I've never done in 35 years in the business. It was an adversarial message and the first of 3 now. I explained that I'd refund his full purchase price upon his return of the gauge including his return postage. But he wanted no part of my offer and continued his nasty messages and threats. I have 100% feedback with 1500 transactions and certainly have no interest in screwing anyone out of anything. His threat of leaving me negative feedback knocking me down to 97% is the latest message, prior to his forwarding me this link of him slamming me on this forum. As an administrator and moderator on a forum of 15000 members myself I'm no stranger to this tactic by people attempting to extort money from businesses.

The gauge he received is obviously used and somehow got through our system without being detected. **** happens. I've offered to refund him 100% + his return postage upon the product's return. Not much more a merchant can offer. I'm certainly not going to refund anything before I get the product back (no merchant does this). If you call your local clothing store and claim by phone the Levis you just bought are torn, they'll tell you to return them for an exchange or refund. They don't just give you money back sight unseen based on your phone call.

In closing. my offer stands, an ebay case is now open, and as soon as the defective gauge is returned he'll get refunded (the exact message I sent him after his first message to me). For him to come on a forum such as this with intent solely to damage my business, and continue to threaten me with negative feedback and so on is 100 % out of line.

Mike G
Rex Marine Corporation
714 W Cienega Ave Suite A
San Dimas, CA 91773
909-592-1000

You see I am not hiding, no reason to.

I would first start by making your complaint known to the seller. If she does nothing then go the route of ebal/paypal. You have I believe 60 days to file a complaint.

This ebay member sent me a message right out of the gate demanding money back before he ever returned the damaged product, something I've never done in 35 years in the business. It was an adversarial message and the first of 3 now. I explained that I'd refund his full purchase price upon his return of the gauge including his return postage. But he wanted no part of my offer and continued his nasty messages and threats. I have 100% feedback with 1500 transactions and certainly have no interest in screwing anyone out of anything. His threat of leaving me negative feedback knocking me down to 97% is the latest message, prior to his forwarding me this link of him slamming me on this forum. As an administrator and moderator on a forum of 15000 members myself I'm no stranger to this tactic by people attempting to extort money from businesses.

The gauge he received is obviously used and somehow got through our system without being detected. **** happens. I've offered to refund him 100% + his return postage upon the product's return. Not much more a merchant can offer. I'm certainly not going to refund anything before I get the product back (no merchant does this). If you call your local clothing store and claim by phone the Levis you just bought are torn, they'll tell you to return them for an exchange or refund. They don't just give you money back sight unseen based on your phone call.

In closing. my offer stands, an ebay case is now open, and as soon as the defective gauge is returned he'll get refunded (the exact message I sent him after his first message to me). For him to come on a forum such as this with intent solely to damage my business, and continue to threaten me with negative feedback and so on is 100 % out of line.

Mike G

Rex Marine Corporation

San Dimas, CA 91773

909-592-1000

Is that your negative feedback or did someone have the same problem? Looks like the seller more than stepped up to the plate here.

Yup. Always two sides to every story.

Mike G
Rex Marine Corporation
San Dimas, CA 91773
909-592-1000

well,,,,,,
you really can't ask for more than this from the seller.

hmmm, seems like someone jumped the gun and slandered a buisness who OFFERED full return of his money

i hate poeple like this. people who **** talk on a forum when they have been offered a resolution to the issue...with their only intent to damage the reputation of the buisness...good job douche bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back