New fastest Mopar?

-
Really reread my post, i meant whatever the car will look like and the horsepower im cool with, im glad its going to have close to 800 hp i just dont think it should be named the demon unless it somewhat resembles a demon. The demon didnt have dual headlights and it didn't have two rectangular plain tail lights. Without the iconic single headlight and the sectioned taillights its just another challenger to me. Plenty of other names they could of used idk why they just dont keep it hell cat

You wouldn't understand, its a original demon thing
:icon_fU:

I suggest you re-read my post.

I talk about exactly what you're saying. That even with a car with all the features the hellcat has, you have to complain because they use the name demon. That's the definition of nitpicking. It never seems to be enough for some of you guys, always want more more more. So I ask again. When will it be enough?

Demon was never it's own car. It was a package you could get on a dart. Now 40+ years later it's a package you can get on a challenger.

I suggest you re-read my post.

I talk about exactly what you're saying. That even with a car with all the features the hellcat has, you have to complain because they use the name demon. That's the definition of nitpicking. It never seems to be enough for some of you guys, always want more more more. So I ask again. When will it be enough?

Demon was never it's own car. It was a package you could get on a dart. Now 40+ years later it's a package you can get on a challenger.
In a way it's exactly how it happened the last time the Demon was new. Last time people bitched about the name because it was "evil" and now because the car isn't a "true" Demon

Thats funny because the demon didnt use dart quarters and didnt use a duster tail panel. so if it had duster quarters technically it wasnt a full dart and its not a duster because it has a different tail panel and front end. If it has body panels that no other chrysler product had combined the way they were on the demon how is it not its own car? I dont call em dodge dart demons they are identified by dodge demon to me

In a way it's exactly how it happened the last time the Demon was new. Last time people bitched about the name because it was "evil" and now because the car isn't a "true" Demon
If they at least try to incorporate some of the iconic demon characteristics on it then i will surely be pleased. Slapping a demon badge on a standard challenger body is not re inventing the wheel and is silly to me

So if they have a different front fascia and the wide hood scoop and none of the other challengers have those parts than technically it's it's own car now as well and the name won't be an issue;) lol.

I agree tho, it'd be badass to see the slotted tail lights come back!! And maybe throw in a shark tooth style grill to match the tail lights

So if they have a different front fascia and the wide hood scoop and none of the other challengers have those parts than technically it's it's own car now as well and the name won't be an issue;) lol.

I agree tho, it'd be badass to see the slotted tail lights come back!! And maybe throw in a shark tooth style grill to match the tail lights
Thats what im sayin, if its the whole challenger look then i dont think its cool to use the name i at least want some details of it to resemble the demon, make it stand out, not just oh theres another challenger until you get close enough to see the tiny little badge on the fender. You should be able to tell what it is from 50 to 100 ft away

Thats funny because the demon didnt use dart quarters and didnt use a duster tail panel. so if it had duster quarters technically it wasnt a full dart and its not a duster because it has a different tail panel and front end. If it has body panels that no other chrysler product had combined the way they were on the demon how is it not its own car? I dont call em dodge dart demons they are identified by dodge demon to me

It's a dart cause when you wanted a demon, you ordered a dart with the demon package. It was a duster with dart nose. Just like my scamp is a dart with a duster nose. They just swip-swaped em and there you go. In fact, look at the owners manual:
1971-Dodge-Dart-Demon-Original-Owners-Manual-Service.jpg

Although to order a scamp, you ordered a valiant with the scamp package, just like the duster was a "valiant duster". No one calls em that. I call my scamp a scamp. And demon's a demon. Still doesn't change the fact it was a package on a car.

If they at least try to incorporate some of the iconic demon characteristics on it then i will surely be pleased. Slapping a demon badge on a standard challenger body is not re inventing the wheel and is silly to me

So still nitpicking then?

It's a 800+ (apparently from what I'm reading) production car. Just be glad they even exist.

Jeez.

I'd say the scoop and widebody will be noticeable from 100'+ away. The hellcats are recognizable from that far away

I believe the manual says dart/demon not dart demon meaning it covers both models.

Anyway i know its a dart platform with duster quarters and a demon tail panel. Even the old ads advertised it as a dodge demon

Just hope its not just another rebadged hellcat

I believe the manual says dart/demon not dart demon meaning it covers both models.

Anyway i know its a dart platform with duster quarters and a demon tail panel. Even the old ads advertised it as a dodge demon

Just hope its not just another rebadged hellcat
I would agree with you on the Demon being it's own car back then. But one thing you got wrong is the Demon wasn't a Dart platform, technically it was a Duster platform. The Dart/Scamp have a 111" wheelbase and the Duster/Demon have a 108" wheelbase.

True but the demon is a dart sub model, it was grouped with the dart because it was branded as dodge, i get what yall are saying, im not disappointed in dodge by any means, i just think they should do their homework and stay true to the dodge "staying true" modo

Remember this "and never, ever, forget where you came from"
Put that **** on the developers of the new challenger "demon"

Last edited:
Damn developers and designers, they'll probably google dodge demon and be like "**** we already did one of those, back to the drawing board" lol jk

Last edited:
The new challenger srt "demon" may be a demon while your in the streets but mines a demon while your in the seats
:icon_fU:

Bring on the Dodge Demon. I already owned and sold a new Challenger. Maybe I'll buy a Demon too. I couldn't care less about re-using a name. Especially "Demon". It was probably the coolest name ever placed on the fender of an automobile. A perfect one to use again to gather a new future crowd of "Mopar" owners. Fiat or not, it's what we have today. I'm good with that. We're not going backwards so move on and get your grandchildren bragging about "the Demon Grandpa used to have when I was little." Be it a 71 or 2000whatever.

The '72 Demon I owned had a "Dart" emblem above the colored "Demon" emblem. It was a Dodge Dart Demon. They had a Dodge Dart Swinger. Dodge Dart Custom. In '73 they changed it to Dodge Dart Sport. I've owned all the models I've listed, and they all had the Dart emblem on them followed by which version.
Read the emblems on these examples:

dodge-dart-custom-sedan-06.jpg

dg1972dartdemon53941623.jpg

1973_dodge_dart_sport_7690122424915684547.jpg

1973_Dodge_Dart_Swinger_--_05-28-2011.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with ya. From what I have been told, the Demon will have almost 200 horsepower more than the Hellcat, and will also be all wheel drive. Very similar system as what the Jeep Trackhawk is going to be equipped with. The problem that SRT has been fighting are the drive shafts. It sounds like tho, they have fixed that issue and are doing the final testing before the vehicles actually go in to production. They're talking sub 3 second 0 to 60 times, and high 9 second quarter mile Et's with the Demon. Something like this is absolutely unheard of, and we should all be a little bit thankful to FCA for having the balls to build these nasty machines. These high horsepower, piston driven cars will again be a thing of the past soon, and we should embrace what has been given. Amen, lol
agree with this 100%. I`d have one in a heartbeat if I could afford it !

-
Back