NFL football players not honoring our flag

-
I think boycott the NFL
That will be a great day for
People who care and respect
Our great country

I really enjoyed watching NFL football. I started losing interest last year when Kapernick started his crap and others slowly started joining him. But now I can't bring myself to watch it. Totally over it. I was hanging my hopes on the Cowboys after a number of them made comments about how they are better Americans and wouldn't do it. Then Monday night came and they joined in acting stupid like all the others.

I'm done watching it.

My son is a Titans fan
We were going to Pittsburg
In November to see them play
I ask him today about the trip
He said hell no
He's not supporting those
Actions
We would have spent 1000+
I know that's not much in
NFL terms but multiply that
By thousands
It adds up

and the fans that aren't in the south are southern wanna bees. most are also white and there is no way a white guy can even imagine what non-whites have gone through in their life.

I disagree, I can imagine what other people go through. I can empathize with them. I do not have to experience what others experience to consider how I would feel if I were to walk a mile in their moccasins.

Everyone goes through the same general stuff in life.

"She's hot I wanna ask her out, but she'll just shoot me down."
"Hey dad, can I have the car keys?"
"I don't want to do my homework."
"Do I gotta eat my vegetables?"
"How much raman do I gotta eat to make this paycheck stretch till next friday?"
Insane mother-in-law,
Wife getting breast cancer.
SPAM email,
keeping up with the Joneses,
social standing amongst peers,
rejection, humiliation, recognition, anger, love, jealousy, pride, joy, responsibility,
Death and taxes.
Generalize these experiences, and I bet you will be able to check almost all of them off as something you, or someone you knows has gone through. These are not restricted to black people, white people, asian people, hispanic people.

The human condition is pretty universal, no matter what group of people you are born into. If one is discriminated against, is that due to some overall conspirace, or is it individuals expressing their dislike for you, whether it be because your sex, religion, race? The only way to deal with how individuals in society treat any of us is on an individual basis. Any other approach is hypocrisy. How can I be fair if I complain about a group of people when I am not dealing with a group? Interpersonal interactions are not mob vs one...

The argument of, "You don't understand because..." is a specious argument and very narrow minded.

My thoughts on the original post;
What these players have done is completely within their rights. Do I think it was an intelligent thing to do? Absolutely not. Could they have actually accomplished much more had they done this off the field, perhaps by forming a player's club, all donating time and money for community outreach and education? What these players have done is taken an opportunity to do some good and thrown a lot of ugliness up in the air to land on everyone, creating hard feelings all the way around and pretty much guaranteeing that they would NOT accomplish anything of benefit to our society. In essence, they opened their mouths before engaging their brains. Now the coaches, teams, owners, and the NFL is doubling down on a losing behavior. The only winners here (and this is only a short term win) are the "news" media, in the long run they are losers too, since they are owned by the networks, and they are certain to lose, and lose big through lost ad revenue.

The players, coaches, owners, teams, and league crossed a line of impropriety and they will pay the price for it. The same goes for any other public figures that stick their toes in the waters of politics and social causes. It remains to be seen if the involved parties will learn a lesson from this.

I don't think I need to say anything more.

Before this post gets banned for politics, I myself thing the NFL has turned Hollywood for years and it is just for the show! I stopped watching years ago and opted for the College game, course I thought it was pure but having to re-think that. NASCAR has stepped up and made statements but only to get better ratings IMO. Hollywood and the folks that follow suck! Thank god and Country for car shows and Mopar Fans!

Actually this is a perfect scenario. These clowns, networks, politicians and society alike will now witness the patriotism that has been so prevalent in the United States of America for so long. I feel that some quit watching and supporting the league after the first antics began. But now the numbers will increase. Don't dis the two items that make the statements about being a proud American. The Stars and Stripes and the anthem hold very high precedents to most Americans, white or coloured alike. Not all will stand by their beliefs, but many will and it will have a powerful effect. Rightfully so.

It's about time to put the heros back where they belong and the entertainers (jesters) back in their place.

Who cares what those jokers on the field do. I tune in for entertainment and to watch them give themselves CTE, not to watch political demonstrations and frankly I couldn't care less. I just wish I could tune in to ESPN and not hear about Kapernick, the stupid **** Trump says, or anything else associated with this crap. I tune in for sports, not for politics.

and the fans that aren't in the south are southern wanna bees. most are also white and there is no way a white guy can even imagine what non-whites have gone through in their life.
Really,.......so unless You're black, You've never been discriminated against, never been passed over for employment/promotion, never beaten for not complying w/a
lawful order, never mistakenly shot by an edgy officer of the law, never"fell down the steps" at the station, never"slipped getting in/out" of the paddy wagon, never been
pulled over for nothing other than You/Your rides appearance, never had Your house burned because of who You are or what You believe/represent, never were in the
minority where You were considered a second class citizen or worse, never had laws passed strictly to cause hardship to Your particular community, never sold into
slavery by other races and Your own, never followed around a store, never called insulting or demeaning things, never had family dis-own You because of a relationship
with someone "outside" Your nationality/religion, never been so poor that Your family starves, .......................................................................................

I dont watch it. Never did. Waste of my time. Only time i realize theres some sort of big game is when i wander into walmart and see beer and chips on sale to stock up for "the big game" i buy the beer n chips to stock up my shop fridge, or use that afternoon to shop at lowes for home project materials. Place is a lot more deserted on game day.

Bunch of overpayed prima donnas. This country gave them everything including their million dollar salaries, and they cant stand for 3 minutes and show respect for the flag and anthem that represents the country that gave them so much. Kapernick, born black, raised in a white family, put thru college. The ultimate recipient of white priveledge, whatever the hell that is.

NFL picks and chooses. No to cleats honoring 9-11 victims, but yes to socks depicting police as pigs, among other things. Sounds like they are on the wrong side of things. Do what you want f@@kers, you will keep pissing off your fan base. Its your first amendment right to protest, sure and its everybody elses first amendment right to turn your channel off, not buy your NFL merchandise, and not go to your games. F@@k the NFL They can kiss my ***.

Last edited:
In my opinion, anyone who doesn't respect the flag and national anthem is un-American PERIOD! Those players could have found a better way of protesting. Remember the Dixie Chicks? They disrespected Texas,and by inference, the whole USA instead of just saying they disagreed with Bush's policies. So, where are they now? The people spoke with their pocketbooks.

Also Dallas cowboys take a knee to protest police brutality, it shouldent be an eye for an eye. Two wrongs dont make a right. What about the 7 dallas police officers that were murdered while doing their jobs at a black lives matter protest in dallas making sure the protest was kept peaceful, and safe without rioting. These men were killed while trying to protect the very lives and well being of those who were protesting against them. It doesnt get anymore bizarre and effed up than that.

I'm not boycotting the NFL, I'm done with it; it's dead to me...forever...no matter how this turns out. Can't watch it; won't watch ESPN for highlights. Man, I'm getting a lot done on Sundays now! Got enough time to start another resto project.

It's interesting how they say that white people don't/can't understand racism... :bs_flag:

So, because of "what non-whites have gone through in their life" this gives people, including millionaire black (or white, whatever) sports players, the right to disrespect the United States flag, and everything it represents? I just don't get it, never will, no matter what kind of twisted logic you want to throw out there.

the protest has nothing to do with disrespecting the flag,military or police. they have been very clear about that. have you ever looked in to how a lot of those guys grew up? its not about them now (millionaires).. its more about what millions like them(while growing up)have to deal with today. a ton of those guys(millionaires) donate a ton of money and time in trying to better their community. they are using the platform they were given by their god given athletic ability to peacefully protest things that they think need to be changed.

i have talked to and read many responses from active and former military. the majority that i have seen are ok with what they are doing. they say that thats what they served for.. to keep american people able to peacefully protest. you don't have to like it but thats how change happens and there is still a ton of change in the race dept that still needs to be done in this country.

there is just no way possible being a white guy (myself) can ever imagine what these guys have had to deal with growing up and what millions of non-whites still have to deal with today.

its funny that so many are for free speech until its something they personally don't agree with..

in the end it comes down to if you don't like it then don't watch.. its your right to turn to another of the 100's of channels out there.

I disagree, I can imagine what other people go through. I can empathize with them. I do not have to experience what others experience to consider how I would feel if I were to walk a mile in their moccasins.

until you walk in their moccasins you never know how bad it actually is.

Everyone goes through the same general stuff in life.

"She's hot I wanna ask her out, but she'll just shoot me down."
"Hey dad, can I have the car keys?"
"I don't want to do my homework."
"Do I gotta eat my vegetables?"
"How much raman do I gotta eat to make this paycheck stretch till next friday?"
Insane mother-in-law,
Wife getting breast cancer.
SPAM email,
keeping up with the Joneses,
social standing amongst peers,
rejection, humiliation, recognition, anger, love, jealousy, pride, joy, responsibility,
Death and taxes.

ummmm. you forgot being racially profiled because you aren't white.

Could they have actually accomplished much more had they done this off the field, perhaps by forming a player's club, all donating time and money for community outreach and education?

a ton of them already do that... and no they could not promote the awareness off the field like they are doing on the field. on field on that platform reaches a ton more people. thats pretty obvious by how the internet has blown up..

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.
I have gone thru some stuff my self, SO I DON`T BUY ALL THAT B.S.. -- What I WANT TO KNOW IS, WHAT PART OF, "STOP AND PUT UR HANDS ON UR HEAD," DO U NOT UNDERSTAND ?! Only people w/ something to hide or guilty of something runs away, on top of that.! DO WHAT THE COP TELLS U !--------------------Stay in school so u can understand English !

(and the fans that aren't in the south are southern wanna bees. most are also white and there is no way a white guy can even imagine what non-whites have gone through in their life.) Quote from abodyjoe.

WoW just WoW. You usually have some pretty useful things to say, but this is just asinine.

Jeff

Last edited:
the world has never been "fair", in every respect, be you black, or female, or Southern... or Wisconsin cheesehead. or whatever..never will be.

Famous Bob, For your information I spent 20+ years as a law enforcement officer. I do not understand why you took it upon yourself to personally attack me on the forum. I support the fact that everyone has an opinion and has the right to agree to disagree. You have chosen to make it personal with me, why I have no idea but should you have anything else on your mind please PM me and stop making yourself out to be a big bully on the forum. There is a time and place to shoot off your mouth and this is not the place.

Funny how this was a fizzled issue until it was made one again. For those of you who demand flag, military, and anthem worship because it makes you feel "safe" or good perhaps you would be a better fit as a Nork or Chicom citizen. They love that stuff. Enjoy.

I would bet $50 that 99% of the mouth-breathing knee-jerkers on both sides of this "issue" could not recite at least three Constitutional Amendments or name one of their city council yet will spend copious amounts of time and energy armchairing in this rhetorical non-issue. Because it is a hell of a lot easier to project than to execute.

Good grief.

Famous Bob, For your information I spent 20+ years as a law enforcement officer. I do not understand why you took it upon yourself to personally attack me on the forum. I support the fact that everyone has an opinion and has the right to agree to disagree. You have chosen to make it personal with me, why I have no idea but should you have anything else on your mind please PM me and stop making yourself out to be a big bully on the forum. There is a time and place to shoot off your mouth and this is not the place.
I read bobs post scampman, i dont think he was attacking you as a police officer, i think he was trying to say, when you get stopped by the police, how hard is it to conply with what the officer tells you to do, and also that those that run from the police probably have something to hide.

Well it sure seemed like it was a personal attack to me and I have had no response from him either. I have a real thick skin, I have to because of all the scumbags I have dealt with over the years. I put up with a lot of things, but won't put up with it on this forum. I joined this forum 11 years ago because of the knowledge base and comradery, and will not be talked down to.

Western society are the least racist in the world and more accepting of others then anywhere else.

People need to put things in perspective.

-
Back