"No Budget" 1966 Valiant 100 straight axle GASSER

-
It does to me, I have been on the wrong end of that job before. It is especially fun in the heat, laying on your back. :D

It does to me, I have been on the wrong end of that job before. It is especially fun in the heat, laying on your back. :D

I crawled out from under it about 2:30 and hauled some trash to the landfield, brother that sun was blistering... It was to hot to even think about workin' on the other tub today...

So when I weld my patch in on the floor, should I scrape my pans alittle underneath or no? just thought id ask the pro. :-D

Thanks. Progress is looking good! Mine will end up on a rotisserie for the scraping. Got lucky on that part. lol

Dude I know you didn't just say rotisserie ;)

You go that route on your first project and you'll have grand kids to haul back an forth to school by the time it's finished... That's a lot of work, time and money taking one to that level...

Dude I know you didn't just say rotisserie ;)

You go that route on your first project and you'll have grand kids to haul back an forth to school by the time it's finished... That's a lot of work, time and money taking one to that level...

Im just using it to remove the undercoating and perhaps redo it and weld on my patch panels. I aint doing no rotisserie resto! Just easing up the work load.
The man who owns it was very insisting I use it.

A little ACE premium rattle can paint and ta-da... The main reason for grey is the gasser will be silver...

GH, as nice as this car, is you could probably do it with a bucket of rustoleum and a brush, and have it be this sweet. that is really gonna be nice!!!!!!!!!

As long as the metal is clean it will, the gasser will see very little street use...
Probably best to re-undercoat a street car huh? or just undercoat the parts where the factory stuff is loose/gone/damaged?
Sorry to steal ur thread. Your making insanely fast project

Even the factory bare metal under the car had very-very mild surface rust after 44-years... A couple of other reasons I chose grey was because it adds light under the car, it's hard to see under a car at the strip with a limited light sorce, plus if it's pukein' any fluids I can easily tell between rounds...

Even the factory bare metal under the car had very-very mild surface rust after 44-years... A couple of other reasons I chose grey was because it adds light under the car, it's hard to see under a car at the strip with a limited light sorce, plus if it's pukein' any fluids I can easily tell between rounds...
Awesome. Now thats using your noodle!

GH, as nice as this car, is you could probably do it with a bucket of rustoleum and a brush, and have it be this sweet. that is really gonna be nice!!!!!!!!!

Thanks 68... I'm takein' a break today, arms are so sore I can hardly type, I'll start the other side mini-tub tonight when it cools down...

Sold a few parts on ebay and SCORED some new front leaf springs for the gasser, these are the same width as SPEEDWAY ( 1-3/4" ) and only 4" shorter, so thay should work just fine on the small Valiant.. These are rated at 1750 lbs per spring.... Now I can remove the whole frontend and K-frame...

!B)TCcBgCWk~$(KGrHqN,!gsEv1sfRRvfBMM3p7DzvQ~~_12.JPG

I was wondering if you were goofing off today.

Does the Mrs. know you have those springs on her table. :D

I was wondering if you were goofing off today.

Does the Mrs. know you have those springs on her table. :D

No Mrs. to whine and girlfriends don't complain ;)

Plus those are on the sellers table, not mine....

Had some shippin' to do today and a little ebay parts shoppin'..... I can go FAB crazy on that frontend when the springs get here, still waiting on the cell....

Time to get back to the mini-tubbin', I took my time on this side and got a much better cut... I've learned two valuable lessons since the first tub----- 1: Never date a sheriff's daughter and 2: Don't ever pizz on an electric fence....

Either my internet or the sites doing strange crap today, can't keep logged onto the site... Back on the tub--- takein' my time on this one, welded up the higher spot weld holes before welding it in this time and scraped off all the undercoating on the whole tub... I'll load some pics when it will let me...

-
Back