Percolation? Heat soak? Don't drive during summer??

-
I accept your surrender.

Haha....Your kinda Cute. :rolleyes:
Can you imagine the laugh you would get if you pulled up to the ice cream parlor in this ? That would be horrifying !!!

02-1522690325765@2x.jpg

03-1522690326530.jpg

You've obviously missed a huge portion of the thread.
The green wire is likely shorted to chassis ground caused by poor routing by the previous owner. Is it really that tough to understand?
The unhooked engine ground has zero to do with anything. It should be hooked up, but won't change a single thing about it, and has nothing to do with any of the other parts changes/additions.

Box stock, these cars are garbage - wouldn't want to drive a stock one around the block, let alone to get ice cream.
Garbage huh?

Yes! The cooling system should keep the engine at a safe temperature regardless of the outside temperature or it something isn't working right.

Nope. An air cooled radiator can only achieve to much drop in temperature, the higher the air moving across it, the less heat it can remove from the coolant. An enclosed garage situation is unique and not a performance threshold of any kind.

Nope. An air cooled radiator can only achieve to much drop in temperature, the higher the air moving across it, the less heat it can remove from the coolant. An enclosed garage situation is unique and not a performance threshold of any kind.
Bullshit that's why you have a fan! The fan moves air across it! It doesn't matter where the car is! In a garage or not the fan moves air through the radiator.

Bullshit that's why you have a fan! The fan moves air across it! It doesn't matter where the car is! In a garage or not the fan moves air through the radiator.

A fan that's recycling hot air from a garage isn't going to cool the radiator as well as a fan moving cool outside air that's cooler.
Pretty obvious..

A fan that's recycling hot air from a garage isn't going to cool the radiator as well as a fan moving cool outside air that's cooler.
Pretty obvious..
For argument's sake what if it isn't cool air outside and it's one of those 117 degree Arizona days and it's 117 degree being sucked in to the radiator with the fan and the inside of the garage is actually 75° from the air conditioner in the house?....

For argument's sake what if it isn't cool air outside and it's one of those 117 degree Arizona days and it's 117 degree being sucked in to the radiator with the fan and the inside of the garage is actually 75° from the air conditioner in the house?....

I wish my shop had AC. I spend more time out there in the summer. Should have added it in when the shop went up.

Pretty obvious..
Ok Mr know it all since 220 degrees is a perfectly ok running temperature then what's wrong with his car and why havent you fixed it yet?

For argument's sake what if it isn't cool air outside and it's one of those 117 degree Arizona days and it's 117 gruyere being sucked in to the radiator with the fan and the inside of the garage is actually 75° from the air conditioner in the house?....

For argument's sake: air flow when parked in a garage is reduced. I've observed it directly, and could calculate it if needed. I measured my own 3car garage air climbing over 120F after for 15-20 mins at the end of my commute. The air being pulled across the radiator, however, is poorly controlled by these chassis. When revving the engine, it would blow any small debris on my floor FORWARD. Now, I never had my thermometer right in front of the car (because I already knew idling in an enclosed space was dumb) but stepping across the front of the car it was apparent it was well beyond the ambient which was measuring 120 - Was it 130? who knows, but it was hotter for sure.
Also, anecdotally, the closer my grille whatever was directly ahead of my parked car (I had some stuff stored there which varied in space consumed), the faster the temp rose. This correlates with the air being blown forward too.
So it's not just a measure of ambient temp, it's available airflow (which is restricted) and the recycling of a local pocket of hot air that gets even hotter than ambient.

In open air, the recirculation is reduced substantially and the total amount of air flowing across the radiator is also increased.

Ok Mr know it all since 220 degrees is a perfectly ok running temperature then what's wrong with his car and why havent you fixed it yet?

Myself and other useful members have already helped him isolate an electrical issue with the coil which is likely to address his problem. Didn't read the rest of the thread?

Also, the garage might start at 75, but once that door opens it quickly reaches outside temps... Heck, my garage typically didn't even reach the house temp. On a 110-115 degree day (was 118F the day I left the city) my garage was typically 90-95.

For argument's sake: air flow when parked in a garage is reduced. I've observed it directly, and could calculate it if needed. I measured my own 3car garage air climbing over 120F after for 15-20 mins at the end of my commute. The air being pulled across the radiator, however, is poorly controlled by these chassis. When revving the engine, it would blow any small debris on my floor FORWARD. Now, I never had my thermometer right in front of the car (because I already knew idling in an enclosed space was dumb) but stepping across the front of the car it was apparent it was well beyond the ambient which was measuring 120 - Was it 130? who knows, but it was hotter for sure.
Also, anecdotally, the closer my grille whatever was directly ahead of my parked car (I had some stuff stored there which varied in space consumed), the faster the temp rose. This correlates with the air being blown forward too.
So it's not just a measure of ambient temp, it's available airflow (which is restricted) and the recycling of a local pocket of hot air that gets even hotter than ambient.

In open air, the recirculation is reduced substantially and the total amount of air flowing across the radiator is also increased.

Interesting. Airflow does things one might not think it will do, until you find out it does.

A SBM exhaust port (and some of the SBC exhaust ports too) will have air moving out of and into the port at the same time.

I was playing with some strings flowing a cast iron head years ago and I found it. I thought I was nuts. But it happens.

So it’s interesting but not surprising that in an enclosed space the air is moving forward.

Myself and other useful members have already helped him isolate an electrical issue with the coil which is likely to address his problem. Didn't read the rest of the thread?
I did. And the problems still there. Everytime someone tries to help you disagree with them and tell them they are wrong. Are you implying I'm not a useful member?

I did. And the problems still there. Everytime someone tries to help you disagree with them and tell them they are wrong. Are you implying I'm not a useful member?

You didn't read: he hasn't test driven it since addressing the coil, so how would anyone know if the problem persists?

Also, the garage might start at 75, but once that door opens it quickly reaches outside temps... Heck, my garage typically didn't even reach the house temp. On a 110-115 degree day (was 118F the day I left the city) my garage was typically 90-95.
That's because you have one of those big fancy yupi 3 car garages.. lol...

Interesting. Airflow does things one might not think it will do, until you find out it does.

A SBM exhaust port (and some of the SBC exhaust ports too) will have air moving out of and into the port at the same time.

I was playing with some strings flowing a cast iron head years ago and I found it. I thought I was nuts. But it happens.

So it’s interesting but not surprising that in an enclosed space the air is moving forward.

Here's a mind blower: it does it in open air too! Admittedly this likely depends largely on the shroud, fan placement, and engine rpm. My fan is about halfway out of my shroud, but I'm assuming that there's some centrifugal component to the air coming across the fan which results in a downwash. That downwash splits when it hits the ground and some of it goes forward - more of it the slower I go.
On my gravel driveway I can actually watch the fan blow dust and pine needles forward if I creep along.

Was it 130° who knows?...
This sounds like a guesstimation and a theory of yours?... Most liked to work on scientific fact...

Was it 130° who knows?...
This sounds like a guesstimation and a theory of yours?... Most liked to work on scientific fact...

Here's the thing I already stated previously: my water temp would climb when in the garage. Faster the further in I parked (or if 'stuff' was in front of the car). I could let the car roll in neutral back into the driveway and the water temp would fall.
This is from memory, and a different engine ago, but I recall seeing as high as 212-215 in the garage, but it would fall under 206 in the driveway.
Going from 210-220 in an enclosed garage vs outside is within that same order of magnitude.

Is real experience good enough? ;)

Was one of the garages separate and had a little door for your golf cart???...

hahaha - one of them was, in fact. But that side had my busted *** '86 shelby charger on jackstands... a golf cart would have been so much more useful.

-
Back