@pittsburghracer gone.

-
Sorry to hear of Johns passing. I will always remember his line: "I like Turtles" It really made me laugh!

sad day for me....even if i was not able to know him personally i really liked him. Stand up guy with first hand experience, and willing to share to us younger / less experienced guys. I always listened up when he was telling something. For sure a big loss for our community.

May he rest in Peace.

Michael

Totally shocking. What a wealth of knowledge and a willing mentor. You will be missed, John. May you Rest In Peace.

John was a great guy who I had the pleasure of seeing and taking to him at the track. He was always willing to help people on the Internet and in person. Rest easy John, you will be missed by many.

Dam.. That's terrible news, he was such a wealth of information and a great asset to the mopar community!! Rip sir

Rip. Never knew him personally but always looked forward to reading his posts and trying to absorb some of the knowledge he freely gave. Definitely one of the good ones.

RIP John. Let many others I never met you but enjoy reading your post and and am thankful for all the knowledge you were willing to take the time and share thru the years.

I don't think he had too many immediate family members.

Might I suggest if people are wanting to do something in his memory- a donation to the cat charity he spoke of often-

Cat Rescue | Frankie's Friends

Be careful, as there is a national organization with the same name, but without a hyphen.
The one above is in Pennsylvania. I'm not sure if they are related.

Just reading this now..!! R.I.P John. A racers racer. Always sharing knowledge and helping a fellow racer. It has been said better a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime..!! Godspeed..Swingn’

I got back home from a weekend race last night and saw this news, it absolutely floored me. While I never met John in person (and was hopeful to rectify that soon) he always struck me as a stand up guy. When I decided to get back into drag racing and discovered this sight John would always answer my stupid questions and give advice on setting up my car. His heading porting work was a work of art. The world has lost a good guy. Fair winds and following seas, my friend. We have the watch.

-
Back