ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
It's 5k minimum now that he's got his reputation...
Same gto costumer took a Chevy to another maaco in Portland and payed $4500 and six months and still didn't get the job done..

Just fired up the Duster for the first time...

FYI I like the disagree...
3a7505e7566582c41a934e97ff880e61.jpg

Okay what Fiasco do I start with first?...
Okay after work today I pushed it out into the driveway and filled it full of water with a bottle of water wetter. Fired it up and it fired up pretty quickly. After it started to warm up I was getting a pretty heavy clatter on the driver side. And after it started warming up good it was a heavy clatter that I wasn't willing to listen to anymore and shut it down. I went through the entire valve lash again and everything did grow substantially but nothing out of tolerance.so I started again and run it up to good temperature and this time figuring I'll just go til it's nice and hot. It's clattering pretty regular on the driver side and I'm not liking it. Oh yeah other Fiasco I forgot to mention four streams of oil coming out of the bottom of the valve cover right over the number 5 number 7.had to switch to one of the valve covers I wanted to send back because that one was warped, but I'll get back to that Fiasco...
So this time I go through all the valve flash just on the driver side find nothing. Then I started spinning some of the loose push rods just to make sure nothing was bent. then I'm playing with the number five exhaust push rod and click clunk! The dang pushrod was not down in the lifter properly and the rocker came up about a half inch! So the problem became obvious....
Then I took it for its first drive. I can tell right away when I got on the gas the front seemed to lift a lot faster and higher..
I took it for a short drive and got on it a little bit once and it seemed to you go good. I brought it back home check the few things out and took it for another drive just a little bit longer and this time I got on it real good and definitely seat of the pants I was feeling some extra ponies...:thumbsup:
Still a little bit noisier in the valve train then I would like so next week I did go ahead I'm taking it off work. I'll get it warmed up to temperature real good and then adjust the valves one more time. And give it an oil change..
I did call Summit and tell them that one leaked and had to grab one out of the second batch that I was sending back and was not happy about that that now I have even a worse looking valve cover but it doesn't leak. I made them send me a third-set...:elmer:

Man you are a pain in the azz customer
Actually the guy that answered the phone for Summit complimented me on how nice I was and how patient I was. He gets a lot of people calling and blaming him for the problem and yelling and all upset. He also said that at least half of fabricated valve covers come back.
I was just going to send the second set back virtually untouched but my first set was warped so bad that it was gushing oil all over my motor!
I'm not the problem, the offshore junk that they're sending me for high-dollar is the problem..

I knew Pittsburgh had a soft ego but man I didn't know it was marshmallow soft LOL keep em coming... LOL...

So I finally got a few days off now and I was able to take the car out and get it nice and warmed up for a valve adjustment. At least a good hot adjustment. I didn't get 10 blocks from the house and got held up by a street light. Some kid in a Honda newer one next to me has got his cell phone sticking out the window going do you want to race? I shook my head no.... (thinking this is no competition and I don't want to get a ticket for some kid) and I certainly don't need it video recorded and on spacebook...
Anyways I get it good and warmed up with a very short drive and did another test as a neighbor stopped me to look at the car around the corner on my way home and I just let it sit there and idle. For the first time it held it right at 185 degrees And the fan kicked on and off for the 10 minutes we were talking. And maintained a good temperature and that was it a good feeling. Anyways got home and ran through the lash and set everything at .018 hot.. the cam card calls for 22 but I like my lash just a skosh on the tight side...
Got my new lash sticker!!...:thumbsup:...
Oh well pictures won't load up...:(..

Last edited:
IMG_20200621_161325.jpg

Seemed to run very well after lash adjustment and oil change...
Looking forward to a good long test drive...

sticker looks good, you don't have the lash chart memorized yet. lol :poke:

Speedmaster heads being ported.....

plus he has a set of my CNC speedmaster that he is just doing a valve job....

Got to spot in my suspension work where I'm in a holding pattern. Doing some engine work while I wait.
IMG_20200625_164440.jpg
IMG_20200625_164447.jpg

-
Back