ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
Actually the guy that answered the phone for Summit complimented me on how nice I was and how patient I was. He gets a lot of people calling and blaming him for the problem and yelling and all upset. He also said that at least half of fabricated valve covers come back.
I was just going to send the second set back virtually untouched but my first set was warped so bad that it was gushing oil all over my motor!
I'm not the problem, the offshore junk that they're sending me for high-dollar is the problem..
Well this saga continues LOL so when they're going to send me the third shot which I really didn't want to do but the guy said maybe if I order them from Texas instead of Nevada you'll get a better pair? I said okay go ahead and send them. He did say at the time he could send mr. Gaskets but they only had black. Well 2 days ago I get the third set and they are by far the worst of all LOL.. so I call them and tell them and I noticed they do have the mr. Gasket ones in silver now. The lady said I can send you those if you want? I was literally rolling my eyes and said yeah sure. so I got those today and they were actually in pretty decent shape. They were the identical ones as the Holley sniper as far as box packing the pamphlet that came with it everything was identical except it didn't have Holley sniper painted on the top of it. I think I like them better I don't have any kinship to Holley sniper... I think that through the extra handling of getting Holley sniper written on them is where they get more scratched up and beat up for the $5 more percent that you pay for them LOL... Well hopefully these aren't warped...

Some kid in a Honda newer one next to me has got his cell phone sticking out the window going do you want to race? I shook my head no.... (thinking this is no competition and I don't want to get a ticket for some kid) and I certainly don't need it video recorded and on spacebook...
INTERPRETATION: I'm Skeered :D :D :poke:

Well this saga continues LOL so when they're going to send me the third shot which I really didn't want to do but the guy said maybe if I order them from Texas instead of Nevada you'll get a better pair? I said okay go ahead and send them. He did say at the time he could send mr. Gaskets but they only had black. Well 2 days ago I get the third set and they are by far the worst of all LOL.. so I call them and tell them and I noticed they do have the mr. Gasket ones in silver now. The lady said I can send you those if you want? I was literally rolling my eyes and said yeah sure. so I got those today and they were actually in pretty decent shape.
They were the identical ones as the Holley sniper as far as box packing the pamphlet that came with it everything was identical except it didn't have Holley sniper painted on the top of it. I think I like them better I don't have any kinship to Holley sniper... I think that through the extra handling of getting Holley sniper written on them is where they get more scratched up and beat up for the $5 more percent that you pay for them LOL... Well hopefully these aren't warped...

Wow, who delivers your parts? UPS? Fedex?

I want to buy stock, you are keeping them in business!

Wow, who delivers your parts? UPS? Fedex?

I want to buy stock, you are keeping them in business!
Sumit's keeping them busy LOL I always hope for ontrac that always comes the next day... all I want is what I paid for the first time a quality product that actually seals.... Again the salespeople do admit that 50% of the fabricated valve covers come back...

Yes I am scared to lose my driver's license.. the last thing I need is to be on social media drag racing on public streets... Of yet to have any Honda at the track give me any trouble...
What? You guys patrol your own streets out there anyways, right? CHOP

At least Summit is treating you right. A rarity these days.
So the yellow top optima $265 battery Fiasco.... I get it all happy install it all happy check the voltage on it not so happy LOL read the paperwork and it says it should be between 13 and 13.2..
It's 12.68... they have recommended chargers for these batteries which I don't have the recommended charger. I call optima tech line and they say try charging it and see if it holds and my 2 amp charger would be fine.. I called Summit to see if they approve all this as they're the ones who have to warranty it and I get the old codger who wants to have a standoff with me saying to just go ahead and put it in my car and let the alternator charge it? I'm like I don't want to spend this much money to burn out my alternator charging the battery I would rather have it pre-charged.. he goes on to give me all the statistics of how many he sold and blah blah blah out of his Warehouse blah blah blah. I just think to myself forget it and call back later and get someone else so I did. this kid gets on and says he'll call optima to verify call me back and never does LOL then I get the lady at night and she just notes it all so I can help them retain the sale but not be liable if the battery doesn't take a charge...

I haven't had to pull this one out in a while but....
Screenshot_20191206-205837.png

I noticed your post videos of your son and his Challenger with a car load full of kids street racing out in the country but here he wants to do it in town very recognizable background I mean the local dairy Queen and everything it's way way too unsafe in a 30 mile an hour zone with high traffic and lots of businesses and school zones to boot... I'm not 16 anymore...

I noticed your post videos of your son and his Challenger with a car load full of kids street racing out in the country but here he wants to do it in town very recognizable background I mean the local dairy Queen and everything it's way way too unsafe in a 30 mile an hour zone with high traffic and lots of businesses and school zones to boot... I'm not 16 anymore...
not pushing you into a street race, just teas'n ya

So the yellow top optima $265 battery Fiasco.... I get it all happy install it all happy check the voltage on it not so happy LOL read the paperwork and it says it should be between 13 and 13.2..
It's 12.68... they have recommended chargers for these batteries which I don't have the recommended charger. I call optima tech line and they say try charging it and see if it holds and my 2 amp charger would be fine.. I called Summit to see if they approve all this as they're the ones who have to warranty it and I get the old codger who wants to have a standoff with me saying to just go ahead and put it in my car and let the alternator charge it? I'm like I don't want to spend this much money to burn out my alternator charging the battery I would rather have it pre-charged.. he goes on to give me all the statistics of how many he sold and blah blah blah out of his Warehouse blah blah blah. I just think to myself forget it and call back later and get someone else so I did. this kid gets on and says he'll call optima to verify call me back and never does LOL then I get the lady at night and she just notes it all so I can help them retain the sale but not be liable if the battery doesn't take a charge...

Man, you make me feel better about not being able to buy any new parts right now... Look at the aggravation it saves me!

I know it's a Camaro now LOL but maybe it was a charger or Challenger I can't remember the two-door one....
WAKE UP AREADY !!!! You are slower than molasses today..... Yes, it was a Challenger... but it's gone, I say with remorse. C'mon, a Camaro?? LOL

Man, you make me feel better about not being able to buy any new parts right now... Look at the aggravation it saves me!
A half hour on the phone between waiting and getting an answer with optima tech line. The first grumpy old man from Summit that was a good 40 minutes with about a half hour of it waiting to get the grumpy old buzzard on the phone. The second kid I got on the phone took about a half-hour and about 10 minutes with him. Then when he didn't call back later in the afternoon I fell asleep after a half hour waiting to get someone and then later that evening it took 45 minutes to get the lady on the phone who finally took care of everything.... Just got a phone call from my buddy today who bought a deep cycling 750 amp battery from Costco for $79...

If they are hiring grumpy old men, maybe I should apply.
Do you think they'd let me work from home.....?

-
Back