Quitting smoking.

-
Congrats Jack and Martin!! Im seriously contemplating jumping on the wagon as well. Just gotta find the damned Champix prescription!

my 1st cousins grandma went to the doctor and he told her she had to quit smokeing because she had major damage to her lungs from smokeing she told the doctor that she never had a puff of a cig in her life .a year later she passed away from lung cancer from smokeing ....her husband smoked 2 packs a day. so secend hand smoke is deadly also.

Congrats Jack and Martin!! Im seriously contemplating jumping on the wagon as well. Just gotta find the damned Champix prescription!

Been there done that... Steve read up about ALL the side effects, they DONT tell you about first. Just my opinion... tryed it & did NOT work for me.

But my last attempt, which will be 1 Year Smoke Free, come Feb 18th worked Great.

My aunt did the chantix thing.....she lost her friggin mind, horrible nightmares, cold sweats, mood swings, things that most wouldnt think is normal for quitting smoking. It messed her up enough that it apparently was a good enough excuse to start again....that being said, im on my last 3. then the fun starts....got myself a ton of protein drink mix, b-complex, zinc complex, ez-gest, and vita-c pills....weill see how this goes....

Well I am coming up on a Year Feb. 18th of Being SMOKE Free!!!! & Like many of you who have tryed to quit & failed I was 1 of you. I have gone 14 months smoke free, then started again. But for the first time I finally feel like a NON-Smoker, not a smoker that has quit & is missing out on smoking. & It is all due to a simple book. Sounds crazy, but if you are Ready & Want to quit, then read This Book with an OPEN mind & You WILL Suceed!

Attachments

• 51qNt0YSUxL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 185
Today marks 4 weeks without a smoke. Sunday was a very trying day but I got through it.

The Champix, (Chantix), seems to be working for me so far. The wife says I'm not to moody but she also says I am a little quieter than usual. Not depressed though. I get a kick out of the dreams, some are pretty weird, but as long as you can tell yourself it's not real then all is cool.

Jack

Congrats Jack you'll do fine the secret is to keep your mind/hands busy so you don't think about smoking [thats how i do it] it will get easier as time passes but the cravings have not gone away for me yet [1 year in november] they may in time but sometimes they are stronger than others, my worst cravings are at car cruise ins when i'm sitting idle i have to get up and walk around till it passes,but i can hang out with smokers at work after lunch and don't bother me at all. Hang in there you doing great!!!

Kudo,s to you Jack!Keep it up! I,ll be quitting overnight tonight the same way I quit for 9 months about 8 yrs ago.:banghead:Before I go to bed tonight I will chain smoke so that I,m disgusted with the smell,before bed I,ll put a 14mg patch on my arm.(This is how I quit last time)This way when I wake up I have no craving for nicotine,other than the habit of sticking one in my face.Having a coffee will be a struggle,but in my mind I want to quit so bad again.I,ll be turning 50 this summer and want to be around for my daughter til she,s atleast married,maybe even grandchildren.I WILL QUIT SMOKING!

Happy New Year Jack!

Thats the trick for me too, keeping busy. stopping to think about it i smoke mostly from boredom, at work. ive been chomping these zinc, vitamin c, alfalfa, and b vitamin pills for 4 days now. ive smoked 4 in that time....the mental part of it seems to be going well, im not freaking out as bad as i did last time. That and last night i bought a pack of liggett non-filters, figured the nastiest, most disgusting coffin nails i could find would help out too.....2 puffs off that bad boy and i wanted to choke. yep, it helps. haha

keep up the good work....i came from parents who both smoke..im glad i never even tried 1...ill pray for you n all of our family here for stregnth

I tried the Chantix last February, and within 2 days, I was ready to quit my job. Just made me angry at everything.
I'm on the patch now, 3rd day, and only 1 crazy dream!
Going easier than I thought, after 30 years of smoking.......

My girl friend and I are taking the big step today . To quit smoking wish us luck

I stopped at midnight New Year's eve. Smoke free in 2013!!! Come on people, we can do this!!!

Well I am coming up on a Year Feb. 18th of Being SMOKE Free!!!! & Like many of you who have tryed to quit & failed I was 1 of you. I have gone 14 months smoke free, then started again. But for the first time I finally feel like a NON-Smoker, not a smoker that has quit & is missing out on smoking. & It is all due to a simple book. Sounds crazy, but if you are Ready & Want to quit, then read This Book with an OPEN mind & You WILL Suceed!

Congrats Jack you'll do fine the secret is to keep your mind/hands busy so you don't think about smoking [thats how i do it] it will get easier as time passes but the cravings have not gone away for me yet [1 year in november] they may in time but sometimes they are stronger than others, my worst cravings are at car cruise ins when i'm sitting idle i have to get up and walk around till it passes,but i can hang out with smokers at work after lunch and don't bother me at all. Hang in there you doing great!!!

Kudo,s to you Jack!Keep it up! I,ll be quitting overnight tonight the same way I quit for 9 months about 8 yrs ago.:banghead:Before I go to bed tonight I will chain smoke so that I,m disgusted with the smell,before bed I,ll put a 14mg patch on my arm.(This is how I quit last time)This way when I wake up I have no craving for nicotine,other than the habit of sticking one in my face.Having a coffee will be a struggle,but in my mind I want to quit so bad again.I,ll be turning 50 this summer and want to be around for my daughter til she,s atleast married,maybe even grandchildren.I WILL QUIT SMOKING!

Happy New Year Jack!

I tried the Chantix last February, and within 2 days, I was ready to quit my job. Just made me angry at everything.
I'm on the patch now, 3rd day, and only 1 crazy dream!
Going easier than I thought, after 30 years of smoking.......

My girl friend and I are taking the big step today . To quit smoking wish us luck

I stopped at midnight New Year's eve. Smoke free in 2013!!! Come on people, we can do this!!!

Thats the trick for me too, keeping busy. stopping to think about it i smoke mostly from boredom, at work. ive been chomping these zinc, vitamin c, alfalfa, and b vitamin pills for 4 days now. ive smoked 4 in that time....the mental part of it seems to be going well, im not freaking out as bad as i did last time. That and last night i bought a pack of liggett non-filters, figured the nastiest, most disgusting coffin nails i could find would help out too.....2 puffs off that bad boy and i wanted to choke. yep, it helps. haha

Good luck everybody, people have done it, you can too, whatever way works!

I did it with a book called "You Can Stop Smoking" by Jacqueline Rogers. It's old and maybe out of print but it worked.

Moparisbest: You and your girlfriend quitting together reminded me of my Grandparents. Around 1970 after cigs got to a certain price, they had 2 left in a pack, my Grandpa said to my Grandma, 'these are our last cigarettes, we're not smoking anymore," and they didn't.

This is such an encouraging thread, hearing about the successes many of you have had. My wife is going on her 24th day without smoking. And we must have saved over $200 in that short time.

Best wishes for continued success!

Holly cow, $200 for 3 weeks of smokes ?

I've cut way down and going dry once again. I keep telling myself its a waste in so many ways but just can't totally quit it seems. How I went 5 years--with just a few DAYS each year while on holiday--without something to smoke I don't know. Well I do, my throat was so sore but anti acid pills for a year cured it and by the time the year was up the cave was pretty much gone.

But now my throat feels fine and doesn't hurt when i inhale.

This really stinks this smoking habit. I only started again to forget this gal I got hung up on. It work, lol. But now she is long gone and I found others that interest me yet that "one summer" getting high has turn in to a 2 year habit.

Winter and summer seems to be the hardest months for me. Spring is great, you get your ride back out of storage and got stuff to keep busy and enjoy but come summer with the windows open I want to puff and in the winter there isn't much to do.

Five days . And fifty dollars in the jar . So far so good . First two days was hard . Third day we went back to work . And it was like being in a daze . Second day at work was much better started getting the hang of not grabbing a smoke every time i started working on something like before . So Friday at midnight will be one weak smoke free in the last 24 years for me and 30 years for her . So on may 26 th my birthday this year we plan on spending the money we save from not smoking we figured it would be $ $1440. 00 I see some mopar parts in my future . Lol and she seeing some new clothes and a day of pampering nails hair , and are two year anniversary . So movie and diner will be in the works .

It's over 5 weeks for me now. My daughter can't believe I have gone this long and calls everyday to encourage me. Yesterday was a tough one. My wife was in for nose surgery and that had me worried. She is going to be fine and I didn't smoke so I guess we both did O.K. LOL

Jack

Glad to hear both you and the wife are good! Im jumping on board with ya here Jack, just started the Champix, so Im a little behind ya, but hope to be smoke free shortly!

I was a smoker until My dad was killed under a car. He quit 11 years prior. While I was trying to revive him with CPR and mouth to mouth. A yellow fluid came out of him that smelled and tasted like Butts soaking in a glass of water. I called it the taste of death. Needless to say every time I smoked it reminded me of that day. He was killed behind my 58 Fury. And then I saw Christine. I sold it and and quit smoking. And yes I have pics. The residue stays in you a long time.

Great to see all you guys winning this battle. I quit in 1990 using an old paperback book 'You Can Stop Smoking' by Jacqueline Rogers.

I never want to go back to the days of having smoking control my life, always making sure I have enough cigs, running outside to puff, etc.

Occasionally at work last year, I would bum a cig from a coworker 'just to be sociable.' I don't ever want to be one of those people who looks down on smokers. It always tasted nasty tho. A few months ago we got a new manager and nobody is allowed to smoke, so I stopped doing that even. I understand the employer wants employees working, not smoking.

Anyway great job everyone, keep on making your lives better!

Glad to hear both you and the wife are good! Im jumping on board with ya here Jack, just started the Champix, so Im a little behind ya, but hope to be smoke free shortly!

I took the Champix for one week exactly then ran out of smokes and said that's it. No more. Others have told me they took the Champix for 2 weeks before they actually stopped smoking. The one thing all of them have in common is, they are all still not smoking. That's a good track record.

Jack

I took the Champix for one week exactly then ran out of smokes and said that's it. No more. Others have told me they took the Champix for 2 weeks before they actually stopped smoking. The one thing all of them have in common is, they are all still not smoking. That's a good track record.

Jack
worked for me. been 4 years now, people that are having withdrawls and wierd dreams is not from the drug champix its from the lack of nicotine in their bloodstream. easy to blame the prescribed drug. but the non drug alternative is to quit cold turkey. just dont keep any sharp objects around for at least a week. seriously, its not that hard to quit, moral support from others and a little bit of willpower go a long way. good luck to all quitters.

-
Back