I believe everything looks right there

GOPR0017_zps2acb92a9.jpg

All looks ok here

GOPR0013_zpsdc9ae5ef.jpg

Looks ok here

GOPR0011_zps048076f1.jpg

GOPR0008_zps3bac9ff3.jpg

GOPR0007_zpsff74e5aa.jpg

I see 2 possible problems here. Both check ball related. Why isn't there a check ball in the upper right check ball channel? Also what size is the check ball in the larger check ball channel in the mid to lower left side? Should be a 11/32" diameter check ball. Looks like you have a 1/4" check ball in there.

GOPR0005_zpsd2259e48.jpg

I posted under each picture thoughts I had on what I saw. The only possible problem(s) I saw are the check ball issues I asked about. I don't know what would happen if the upper right check ball was left out and the lower left one is smaller than it's supposed to be but I'd bet dollars to dimes it'd cause a problem.

I copied and modified the picture with text pointing out what I mentioned in my previous post just in case my descriptions weren't clear. Had a heck of a time getting any color textt to show up good on it so you'll have to look close

Attachments

• 7D Valve body explained.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 133
Ah, good catch.
I was thinking after looking at it that the upper right ball should be there, and the one to the left of it left out per the kit instructions. (for increased volume to the band servo)
Maybe I'm wrong, i don't know for sure.

The lower left ball in the bigger pocket should be the bigger ball for sure though.

OH, here we go.
I do think the ball stays in the upper right, and the left one is left out for firmer shift.
Please double chk this per the kit instructions.

Good call Tracy, I missed that.

Attachments

• VB.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 104
Ah, good catch.
I was thinking after looking at it that the upper right ball should be there, and the one to the left of it left out per the kit instructions. (for increased volume to the band servo)

The lower left ball in the bigger pocket should be the bigger ball for sure though.

OH, here we go.
I do think the ball stays in the upper right, and the left one is left out for firmer shift.

Thanks. And your correct that the one is left out.

So fixing the two ball issue's (one wrong size and the other in the wrong place)

This could be the problem.
Just don't know for sure what that specific ball does, but it couldn't be good if it's missing I don't think.
(A valve can't move if there's no pressure routed to it)

So fixing the two ball issue's (one wrong size and the other in the wrong place)

This could be the problem.
Just don't know for sure what that specific ball does, but it couldn't be good if it's missing I don't think.
(A valve can't move if there's no pressure routed to it)

Yep. One of these days I'm gonna take apart one of my extra valve bodies and see if I can figure out what circuits each ball controls.

Yep. One of these days I'm gonna take apart one of my extra valve bodies and see if I can figure out what circuits each ball controls.

Oh crap!
I was going to ask you if we had to do that after this whole thing. :banghead: :D
Or if we had to figure out what that ball had to do with 2 AND 3rd since it didn't skip directly to third. UH!

Betcha I can find it on the net.

Oh crap!
I was going to ask you if we had to do that after this whole thing. :banghead: :D
Or if we had to figure out what that ball had to do with 2 AND 3rd since it didn't skip directly to third. UH!

LOL... I've always been curious. Just haven't taken the time to study one.

Since the valves and chk balls have redirectable channels throughout VB and case it would be pretty hard to figure out without a flowchart for the entire trans.

I'm toast for the night.

But at least he has some positive and definite info to go on.

I removed the check balls prior to taking the pictures so there aren't any in the pics, but I may well have installed them wrong in the first place.

Book arrived today and it's already looking like it'll be a big help.

Any help and anything to go on is much appreciated!

I'm going to disassemble, clean it with M.E.K. and put it back together more carefully this time and hopefully it all goes well.

Ah, good catch.

OH, here we go.

Left one, you mean the 11/32 one? I'll check the instructions when I can.

Left one, you mean the 11/32 one? I'll check the instructions when I can.

By the left one I meant the left one of the two in the upper right.
The lower left I refered to is the 11/32 ball.

Also, if you have not done it already be sure to clean up any sharp edges or burrs on the throttle pressure valve and make sure it moves freely.

Attachments

• VB.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 89
hey 7d swinger. good luck with your trans and please get rid of that annoying video thingy.

By the left one I meant the left one of the two in the upper right.

Humm... I've never seen that one left out. But I don't know all the tricks. Are you sure it's not the lower right ball you leave out? That's what my Trans-go TF-2 kit papers show. Here's the page that shows it. Down on the lower left side of the page

Attachments

• TransGo TF2 Pg5.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 109
I removed the check balls prior to taking the pictures so there aren't any in the pics, but I may well have installed them wrong in the first place.

Book arrived today and it's already looking like it'll be a big help.

Any help and anything to go on is much appreciated!

I'm going to disassemble, clean it with M.E.K. and put it back together more carefully this time and hopefully it all goes well.

Bummer. Was hoping the check balls was the problem since their easy to fix.

BTW: What's M.E.K.

Bummer. Was hoping the check balls was the problem since their easy to fix.

BTW: What's M.E.K.

Yea that looks right.
I was thinking it was the ball under the 2nd oil feed in the separator plate.

Obviously the picture is right.

The more I think about the more I'm convinced it's in the valvebody though, but what?

Methyl Ethyl Ketone, will eat and clean off anything lol

Your manuel's different than mine, here's the page from mine (don't have a scanner)

GOPR0031_zpse3a4af90.jpg

I'm putting it back together right now.

if the plate doesn't sit flat between the VB top and bottom, in other words somethings caught and putting a gap somewhere it could cause a loss of fluid pressure in one of the channels not giving it enough to move the valve, I checked the VB for being straight and true and it is, not twisted or anything and the plate looks good too but I blanked out on filing the holes in the plate, wonder if any of those are causing an issue

Looks like I didn't adjust the line pressure vale plate 1 7/8 either. Well I've got a ton to go by now with that book, start running down the list.

Methyl Ethyl Ketone, will eat and clean off anything lol

Your manuel's different than mine, here's the page from mine (don't have a scanner)

I'm putting it back together right now.

Yeah they just revised the instructions last year but I compared them to my older version and the only thing that I saw different was the way they have you add a helper spring in the main line pressure and the manual valve looks a little different and some of the pics look different. In the end it does the same thing.

if the plate doesn't sit flat between the VB top and bottom, in other words somethings caught and putting a gap somewhere it could cause a loss of fluid pressure in one of the channels not giving it enough to move the valve, I checked the VB for being straight and true and it is, not twisted or anything and the plate looks good too but I blanked out on filing the holes in the plate, wonder if any of those are causing an issue

Looks like I didn't adjust the line pressure vale plate 1 7/8 either. Well I've got a ton to go by now with that book, start running down the list.

If it doesn't sit flat that could definetly be the problem. That'll cause pressure loss in numerous areas. I assume your saying it's not sitting flat because of where you drilled it the holes flared out? I think now that you have the book (btw: it shows the installationn of the TF-2 kit on pages 165-171) you'll figure it out. Leave no stone unturned, including adjusting the front band which will be easier now that you've got the linkage out of the way.

You did say the trans. worked correct before installing the TF-2 kit didn't you?

The more I think about the more I'm convinced it's in the valvebody though, but what?

I think so too, but we can only do so much looking at pics on the net. I think he'll get it now that he has hte book that shows the exploded view of the VB. The only thing that concerns me is he's not positive he didn't mix up a couple springs. That may be difficult to figure out.

7D if it comes down ot having a hard time figuring out springs I have a VB in the parts shed I could disassemble and take pics of the springs if you need it.

^that would be very helpful if you could do that for me if it's not too much trouble, I want to make sure I haven't mixed any up springs to just get that eliminated.

Yes I have that book now. SOOOOO helpful haha. I should have ordered that sooner.

Yes the holes are flared a bit.

I looked in the back of the book and there's a troubleshooting section and there's a long list of things I can check. Once I get the VB in and if it's still not solved I'm going to run down that list. If nothing else then maybe I need a new VB, hopefully not.

Yes the trans worked before I installed the TF-2, shifts where just stock, soft shifts and I wanted something firmer.

Ok. I've been meaning to pull one apart anyway so I'll try and do that tomorrow, depending on when I get back from a test at the hospital. If I don't get time tomorrow I will thursday.

-
Back