Stock 318 building with Justin

-
The torque output is no doubt going to be excellent in comparison to a stock 318. While it’s not of any concern for any of the stuff I’ve dealt with thus far, I’m curious to see how well it does on the emissions tests.

Howard's are even faster lobes than Lunati
you've been saying you did not want or need that
stock rockers
I agree
I would have had jones grind one
you did fine and much better than Schneiders mentioned or comp
I suspect Cantrell has some better lobes than the sbc profiles you were shown

You'd have Jones grind a dildo.

So there’s no much “sense” in going for a steep ramp cam. The upgrade would have to be very mild as you have mentioned due to a a emissions.
Let's just say this ...this grind is -6 -6=-12 o lap @.050. Advertised is 33. Stock is like 31
Lol. You don't want a dirty idle but you can lift the valve more.

The torque output is no doubt going to be excellent in comparison to a stock 318. While it’s not of any concern for any of the stuff I’ve dealt with thus far, I’m curious to see how well it does on the emissions tests.
Me too.
It's a 2 brl, but not for long
It's getting a 1406 eddy and either eddy performer ...or holley street dominator dontov 8/7 cross over w egr provision.
I think the performer for the initial smog test...then try the Holley SD. What are your thoughts?

Is it a EGR year vehicle?

Well, we all know that the Performer will act he same as the OEM intake. The Holley is a curiosity for me. That low level (height) single person plane intake as long narrow runners (good for high velocity and torque) with selected runners having a dam in front of them in the open plenum. That 8/7 cross over a supposed to be very helpful to that problematic thievery between 5&7. I’d like to see that Holley go up to bat first.

Does that Holley make use of the stock thick TQ carb gasket or use the thinner paper gaskets? For those missing it in that question, it is a matter of correctly placing the choke height when bolted down in relation to the carb for proper choke actuation and proper workings.
You don’t want the choke slamming shut or hanging open the choke butterfly.

What are your target HP and torque values?
Started as a 1985 flat tappet 318 2 brl engine, weak.
Im not really going about this n the way as 'I want it to be x amount'. I'm just working around limitations, making improvements...and it should do well, maybe 275 or..

Started as a 1985 flat tappet 318 2 brl engine, weak.
Im not really going about this n the way as 'I want it to be x amount'. I'm just working around limitations, making improvements...and it should do well, maybe 275 or..

Yeah but the torque will be surprising.

Is this damn thing runnin yet? lol

...and where's that Jones dildo?

I'm always conservative, but based on my experience I think that's where It'll be.

Lmao at the the fine art of The dildos and the dildonts.

Nothin wrong with Jones cams. I've never tried one. I will someday, but that'll be an experiment on my own stuff and not someones else's

Is it a EGR year vehicle?

Well, we all know that the Performer will act he same as the OEM intake. The Holley is a curiosity for me. That low level (height) single person plane intake as long narrow runners (good for high velocity and torque) with selected runners having a dam in front of them in the open plenum. That 8/7 cross over a supposed to be very helpful to that problematic thievery between 5&7. I’d like to see that Holley go up to bat first.

Does that Holley make use of the stock thick TQ carb gasket or use the thinner paper gaskets? For those missing it in that question, it is a matter of correctly placing the choke height when bolted down in relation to the carb for proper choke actuation and proper workings.
You don’t want the choke slamming shut or hanging open the choke butterfly.
Idk its sitting as a valley cover in our body shop, I think it's good on clearance. Got me thinking now.. I usually autopilot on the intake choice for low end stuff to a dual plane... hmm..

20200524_221419.jpg

Idk its sitting as a valley cover in our body shop, I think it's good on clearance. Got me thinking now.. I usually autopilot on the intake choice for low end stuff to a dual plane... hmm..

View attachment 1715577807
WOW! I like those Weiands. VERY NICE! Normally, the EGR valve is at the rear for these intakes. I was wondering if it was there or on the side? (Under that valve cover....:poke:)
NOW! If that choke is down a 1/4 or so from the carb pad, it'll take the thin .032- .063 standard paper gasket IIRC. I actually just went looking around my pile and I can't quickly find my '73 intake. DANG!

WOW! I like those Weiands. VERY NICE! Normally, the EGR valve is at the rear for these intakes. I was wondering if it was there or on the side? (Under that valve cover....:poke:)
NOW! If that choke is down a 1/4 or so from the carb pad, it'll take the thin .032- .063 standard paper gasket IIRC. I actually just went looking around my pile and I can't quickly find my '73 intake. DANG!
Actually, it's under the bolts.
This is what that looks like.
Pic from net, I'll be up that way tomorrow and will grab it.
They come plugged.
30029z3.jpg

did they have the core in stock or wad it on the shelf
las time i checked they were out of good cores
and they will not grind junk

There was a guy that passed a Hopped up LT1 camaro with a healthy cam in it by using a radio controlled stock electric EGR valve. When the smog dyno was running the 2500 RPM test (they do an idle, a 1500 load and a 2500 load test iirc) the guy hit the button and caused the EGR to manually open, (would not open stock at 2500 loaded) and his NOx emissions went down. It passed. Stupid CA smog. Those guys are so scared of passing something that is a little wild (even if it does meet the numbers) that they will stop the test and tell you to go somewhere else, or eyeball it and tell you they wont even test it. Their license (to steal) is always on the line and that is a good gig here in CA, captive audience and no shortage of tests to be done.

There was a guy that passed a Hopped up LT1 camaro with a healthy cam in it by using a radio controlled stock electric EGR valve. When the smog dyno was running the 2500 RPM test (they do an idle, a 1500 load and a 2500 load test iirc) the guy hit the button and caused the EGR to manually open, (would not open stock at 2500 loaded) and his NOx emissions went down. It passed. Stupid CA smog. Those guys are so scared of passing something that is a little wild (even if it does meet the numbers) that they will stop the test and tell you to go somewhere else, or eyeball it and tell you they wont even test it. Their license (to steal) is always on the line and that is a good gig here in CA, captive audience and no shortage of tests to be done.
One way vac valve, hold the ***** open full time. Lol

-
Back