Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
You finally done at work for the week?

Yes, we are on four ten hour shifts for second and third shift... :D

They ask for volunteers/victims for Friday work, but no guarantee that you will be doing your regular job... Sometimes you get stuck putting stock away.... :rolleyes: :BangHead:

No doubt it is more critical on the newer stuff. But, even in by old Plymouth FSM I have never seen reference to a 'smidge' or a 'c*** hair' :D
Much as I like smidges and c***hairs each bolt has a tensile coefficient based on it mass, dimensions and composition and when stretched to near its tensile cofficient it becomes a spring that locks itself in place. Stretched beyond tensile, it fails, Not stretched to tensile, it's just a bolt. It's why I've been riding Yamahas for years; they have the best dang bolts, and when ya' tighten them to tensile, they do NOT fall out, plus they come out easy when relieved. As opposed to, say, old Triumphs and BSA's, in which cases they just come out when they want to, which is always when it's either (A) when you're furthest from a service location, (2) when it will cause you the most trouble or (Ω) both.

For a redneck, that's a full sentence with no further explaining needed...
I think that's pronounced ahm ol tay yew wot.

And when a person says "I'm not going to tell you what to do but...", that translates to "I am now going to tell you exactly what to do."

6E0FA9F5-D22B-49FB-8C90-F0AB91886589.png
And snowing. Took 15 minutes to catch up. Truck is warming up anyway.

Phone call.
My battery went dead. Can you tell me why?
Dunno, it was near -40 for a week, perhaps that had something to do with it. 20 minutes wasted.oh, i will leave it for now and call if it does it again. Thanks. I have work to do.

There IS that...
yep I was just reading the literature that came with them, found this part interesting:

Not Compatible with hydraulic roller camshafts.

Doesn't affect me but I wonder why that is

I know why. Would need to clearance for the push rods. They are positioned higher off the cam, would hit the head. The push rod geometry is different.
that makes sense. Man, finding what valves and crap for these heads is a PITA, sooooooo many choices and little information

-
Back