Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning men. So about 2pm yesterday my wife calls from work, "Help, my car wont start". So I drive 40 minutes, have a small Generator and a fast charger, 2017 Edge sport. Keyless ignition. . So, I get there, no way to unlock to car, the battery is dead and there is no key hole to unlock. Wait!! ye there is a key hole, you just have to pry off a cover on the door handle! There it is!! Next, she parked so close to the wall in front, can get the hood opened. AND cant get it out of gear with a dead battery. Sum *****!! Electric parking brake. O yea as soon as I opened the car, sure enough the headlight switch was on. Had to pull the damn thing back with a chain and my truck, dragging the tires, Get the hood opened, smooth from there. What a ***** all electric everything. Charged the Batt, checked the ALT, was fine.

that has happened to me a few times. just yesterday i had to replace an advance auto silver battery for my civic
i looked at their screen while they pulled me up and i have spent $6000 dollars with them over the past 20 years AND WONDERED if THAT and the lack of rechargeability of this battery was why they quickly replaced it. the battery was 13 months old, tiny 500 amps
i paid the 30 dollar difference and upgraded the battery while i was there.
I decided to go with the AZ battery for my mower. Like most product, if you check around -You will find good and bad experiences. The biggest problem with comparing batteries is that most are made by the same 2 companies East Penn and Johnson. Many name brands are using both companies for different batteries.
Looks like East Penn does a lot of the AGM's now.
No way to know what the internall construction specs are. Mostly just going with CCA rating. While the 3month coverage on this thing is kinda weak. My experience is if it makes it past a couple cycles it's gonna be good for the season. And if it makes it till next season, even the one year the Diehard gives will be up. So, as said before, I have had good experience with my local AZ....

Morning men. So about 2pm yesterday my wife calls from work, "Help, my car wont start". So I drive 40 minutes, have a small Generator and a fast charger, 2017 Edge sport. Keyless ignition. . So, I get there, no way to unlock to car, the battery is dead and there is no key hole to unlock. Wait!! ye there is a key hole, you just have to pry off a cover on the door handle! There it is!! Next, she parked so close to the wall in front, can get the hood opened. AND cant get it out of gear with a dead battery. Sum *****!! Electric parking brake. O yea as soon as I opened the car, sure enough the headlight switch was on. Had to pull the damn thing back with a chain and my truck, dragging the tires, Get the hood opened, smooth from there. What a ***** all electric everything. Charged the Batt, checked the ALT, was fine.
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Damn, You''d think with all those smart lectonix' on there they could program the computer to shut the headlights off in 10 min. if the engine wasn't running. LOL

That's an ammeter. It shows current flow.
Voltage doesn't flow. If it was the tap water system in your house, its the pressure. The water meter shows the gallons used, and if you timed it, that's the flow rate. The ammeter shows the gallons/per minute to bring your battery up to full, or the gallons/minute its providing to run the car.
thanks brother, i understand this, exactly as posted, was wondering if i can change it to volt meter without changing the looks, where the charge deflection on the right side could represent voltage NOW instead of amps and discharge represent something like less than 12.5 volts

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

thanks brother, i understand this, exactly as posted, was wondering if i can change it to volt meter without changing the looks, where the charge deflection on the right side could represent voltage NOW instead of amps and discharge represent something like less than 12.5 volts
I think there's some guys that have done it. You have to measyre how far the sweep is on the original gauge (90°?) and find a aftermarket gauge with the same sweep. I think pulling the needle off without damage is the hard part. Let me see if I can find a link.

I think this is the thread. Ammeter to Voltmeter...who does it?

WOW !!!

My little sister had her degree in Engineering from Cal Poly Pomona. While she was on summer break she was a summer hire for the USMC Supply Center in Barstow. Her job, translate "Engineer" into "USMC" so the Marines that had to work on their equipment had usable knowledge translated from the manufacture service manuals.
funny about the people with money managing that are thinking or neglecting to think about proactively
-THAT IS WHAT I WENT TO A YEAR's WORTH OF SCHOOL FOR in the service. The men before me could repair circuit cards, where they trained us to replace them. we had dedicated books for all of our troubleshooting, but tens of millions of dollars were dedicated to us underwater icbm guys...

View attachment 1715314673 Well my non flood hopes and dreams were crushed this morning. Local river came up 12 ft in last 48 hrs. Sand bags and heavy equipment all in place they are about to seal our little neck of the woods off. No traffic in or out. On plus side we should be able to see our fire pit in a couple more days of thawing. Nothing says spring like a hotdog on a stick!
HOW ARE YOU HOLDING UP!?!

Well, I am in a charity golf tournament today, I hope I don't embarrass myself to much, Later, friends. :thumbsup:

Anyone's car we know?
Liberty_Mutual_LiMu_Emu_Dog.jpg

IMO, if car companies are going all electric everything, there should be connections on the rear of vehicle to jump start if needed. Under bumper maybe...PITA.
My ‘06 SRT has front and rear jump points and also the headlights turn off automatically if you leave them on. Same on my wife’s ‘05 GC.

My ‘06 SRT has front and rear jump points and also the headlights turn off automatically if you leave them on. Same on my wife’s ‘05 GC.
Where are the rear points? In the trunk area? Good idea on the Edge but no way to open the rear hatch, its electric!!!

I better get busy. 11:00 appointment to sign our wills. Later dudes!

So a work buddy asks if he can do some work on his truck in my shop. You guys know the drill, use my tools, lift etc. he is a good guy so I say sure. I will get some Crown out of the deal. Now the rest of the story.... Box's start piling up that I know are not mine today. WTF? I get a text from him, he has drop shipped it to me so that his wife does not catch on to the fact he is spending a couple grand on mods to his truck. I can't imagine needing to go to that length to hide something from my wife. She has never gave me any real static over that black hole we call Mopar! She just shrugs and next time we are in town points out something shiny she likes! Hah!
I can. I love my wife, and she me, but she doesn't appreciate the mopar budget competing with her spending.
The wife walked around the house (where she had not for years) and discovered a second road runner (had been there for 7 months). Didn't have clue one about it. BOY did she come back hot and loaded! (the car cost me two $500 payments and replaced a bad runner i had purchased years ago.) I just said, "SURPRISE!"

I am back what a ***** to find $3 an hour pre pay parking! Go through security into the building was almost a strip search. Ok I am in an parked find his office he is gone for the day. Can you say PISSED OFF!

Where are the rear points? In the trunk area? Good idea on the Edge but no way to open the rear hatch, its electric!!!
You can provide power through any power points inside the car. If you can plug your phone or any other device in, you can provide power back through that port to power the vehicle.

-
Back